NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Dings and Scratches Pics Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-16, 03:15 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by dicer
Just a dumb question, with all these stories of a car parked into the bumper, a mommy banging her door into the car, neighbor kids tossing rocks etc etc. Did any of you call the cops? If some one dents my car in a parking lot, and who ever does its going to stay there with me for how long it takes the cops to get there, if they leave its a hit and run.
They will learn a valuable lesson NOT to hit someones car.
Agree though the challenge is proving it unless you catch them in the act.

Originally Posted by LBCDan
Make that four door dings now. I had to have another one taken out over the weekend and they didn't leave a note. Another $75 down the drain.
Sigh, I feel your pain and I bet it's not so much the $75 but the careless act of negligence.
Old 08-01-16, 09:33 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sometimes it is really an unintended accident and not a careless negligent act. If it is careless negligence that of course bothers me, but what really gets to me is the disrespect for someone else's property. Or the "it's only a ding or small scratch" type of thinking pisses me off. Many don't realize what it costs to fix these things
Old 08-02-16, 07:33 PM
motorchang
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Blobs

Anybody has a good suggestion as to how can I remove this ugly touch paint blob on my Nx's hood? Put on by previous owner. I'm considering using turpentine to remove them and do my own fix up work with proper touch up pen I bought from the dealership but would like to hear some experienced opinions.

Old 08-03-16, 06:56 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by motorchang
Anybody has a good suggestion as to how can I remove this ugly touch paint blob on my Nx's hood? Put on by previous owner. I'm considering using turpentine to remove them and do my own fix up work with proper touch up pen I bought from the dealership but would like to hear some experienced opinions.
Agree, that does not look too good. I'd wet sand it carefully down.
I have used the scratch repair on a few repairs over time and happy with the results. See here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ml#post9539007
Old 08-05-16, 07:48 AM
AJA999
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On Saturday, the guy in front me kicked up what may have been a mud flap from a truck. I was in the left lane, not much of a shoulder to work with and had someone on my right. It came right up the middle. It looks worse in this photo than it does in real life. I am hoping it can be buffed out...
Old 08-05-16, 03:37 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ Yeah, looks like it's just rubber that smeared and should look like new with a good polish.
Old 08-06-16, 06:39 AM
tmknight
Driver School Candidate

Default Atomic Silver Susceptible to Paint Chips

I've either had extremely bad luck or there is a defect in the paint. Since about 1000K (now, just over 6500K), I have sustained about a dozen chips on the hood, bumper cover and lower fascia of the grill. I have a 2014 RDX and a 2002 Frontier (that was my previous daily driver with 123000K) that have fewer front end chips than what I've sustained in such a short time.

Is anyone else experiencing, what I determine, excessive chipping?
Old 08-06-16, 07:35 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 716 Likes on 524 Posts

I have noticed the Atomic silver on our ES seems more "delicate" and susceptible to scratches than other Lexus colors we have had. We had a clear bra installed on the entire front end, hood and fenders. Keeping that in mind, we don't have anything more than a few chips behind the rear wheels at 12K miles, yet we did get three windshield chips over the last year. We definitely have a number of light scratches though. Could be just bad luck on our part but it just seems to be a softer finish.
Old 08-11-16, 03:08 PM
tmknight
Driver School Candidate

Default RE: Atomic Silver Susceptible to Paint Chips

Originally Posted by Ward6096
I have noticed the Atomic silver on our ES seems more "delicate" and susceptible to scratches than other Lexus colors we have had. We had a clear bra installed on the entire front end, hood and fenders...
I thought hard about getting the chips touched up followed with clear bra over the front end...in the end, felt it was ridiculous / absurd to have to do that. Though, with nothing to lose, I did file a warranty claim with Lexus. Ultimately, it was up to the dealer to make the call on normal or not. I'm sure you can guess how that ended.

Oh well...still enjoying the car...
Old 03-10-17, 03:15 PM
jsp1641
Driver School Candidate

Default Clearcoat burn? paint damage?

Hi,

I took my car to a paintless dent repair shop to fix a ding on the rear quarter panel and ended up getting what appears to be a clearcoat burn/paint damage. It seems that this damage occured while polishing the area after the repair. The dull area definitely seems like a clearcoat burn, but I am not sure as to the right side- it looks as if a small animal with sharp teeth bit the paint (for the lack of better description) but when I actually touch them with my fingernail I cannot feel the chipped paints.

Can someone with experience be able to tell me if this is indeed a clearcoat burn, and if so, is there a way to professionally fix this spot only? Would any detailing help? I would really like to avoid having to repaint and reclear the whole quarter panel- the damaged area is quite small and I want to preserve the original paint/clearcoat as much as possible...

appreicate any advice.
Attached Thumbnails NX Dings and Scratches Pics Thread-img_1423.jpg   NX Dings and Scratches Pics Thread-img_1419.jpg  
Old 05-04-18, 09:18 AM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

This thread is so depressing!