NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Best dashcam for NX300h F Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-15, 02:58 PM
online421
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best dashcam for NX300h F Sport?

I have been wanting to install a dash cam on my NX300h.

has anyone on this forum installed one? I want to install one that will continuously work say 1-2 hours after you have parked your car, but this means having to hardwire into the car.

I am reluctant to buy it off Amazon because if its faulty then I will have to send it back and all the hassle ...

what is your user experience if you have one installed in your NX? and what brand/model is it?

Cheers.
Old 10-22-15, 04:03 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by online421
I have been wanting to install a dash cam on my NX300h.

has anyone on this forum installed one?
I have the Blackbox G1W-B. Is it the best one on the market? Not by a long shot, but it serves its purpose for me. It's inexpensive and does basic recording (continuous loop, can instantly lock a clip if an event happens, it has good night visibility/recording, etc). It doesn't do motion detection like it advertises, but then again, I don't run it while parked. Some folks refer to this model as a cheapie, but it works and works well for me.

I am reluctant to buy it off Amazon because if its faulty then I will have to send it back and all the hassle ...
It depends on who you buy it from. If it is fulfilled by Amazon, then returns are a breeze, especially if your region has "Amazon Lockers" into where you can just place the item and it gets sent back to Amazon. As an Amazon Prime member for three years, I've never had any issues with returns, and I've returned quite a bit of stuff to them. You just need to know from whom is fulfilling/selling the item.

what is your user experience if you have one installed in your NX? and what brand/model is it?
I'm taking that aforementioned dashcam (used in my former vehicle) and I'm planning on installing it in my NX in the next few days. In my previous car, I simply used the cigarette lighter, but for the NX, I'm hardwiring it on its own circuit.
Old 10-22-15, 10:21 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by NXOwner
I'm taking that aforementioned dashcam (used in my former vehicle) and I'm planning on installing it in my NX in the next few days. In my previous car, I simply used the cigarette lighter, but for the NX, I'm hardwiring it on its own circuit.
Here's Step #1 in my installation process. I did this reconnaissance procedure tonight...

Old 10-23-15, 05:57 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

I have the Blackvue DR650 in my IS and NX. Very satisfied with video quality and low-profile visibility. See this post for my setup in the NX: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ml#post9052326
Old 10-25-15, 06:42 AM
spyderman3
Driver School Candidate

I also bough off of Amazon.. I went with this model.. Its been on the car for 6 months without an issue.

Spy Tec A118-C Capacitor Edition Full 1080P

You will also need to buy the hardwire kit for mini USB (not micro)..

Spy Tec Dash Camera Vehicle Hard Wire Kit - Mini USB Compatible

Last, you will need a tap a circuit which will plug into a fuse.. There is a handy screw that you can use to tap to the ground adjacent to the fuse box..

You will need to find a fuse that doesnt cut off power when the car is off so that it keeps recording when you turn the car off.. I would also recommend getting the largest micro SD card compatible with whatever you buy..

Lastly, I decreased the resolution from 1080p to 720p.. looks almost identical and uses less storage and i turned off the audio... I didnt need it..

I placed my camera directly behind the rear view mirror and its un-noticeable unless i draw attention to it.

I can take pics of the set up if anyone is interested.
Old 10-25-15, 06:46 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by spyderman3
I, for one, would be interested in both the mount location/specifics and how you ran the wiring.
Old 10-27-15, 02:16 PM
online421
Rookie

Originally Posted by NXOwner
I have the Blackbox G1W-B. Is it the best one on the market? Not by a long shot, but it serves its purpose for me. It's inexpensive and does basic recording (continuous loop, can instantly lock a clip if an event happens, it has good night visibility/recording, etc). It doesn't do motion detection like it advertises, but then again, I don't run it while parked. Some folks refer to this model as a cheapie, but it works and works well for me.

It depends on who you buy it from. If it is fulfilled by Amazon, then returns are a breeze, especially if your region has "Amazon Lockers" into where you can just place the item and it gets sent back to Amazon. As an Amazon Prime member for three years, I've never had any issues with returns, and I've returned quite a bit of stuff to them. You just need to know from whom is fulfilling/selling the item.

Thanks for that! I will certainly consider Amazon
Old 10-27-15, 02:17 PM
online421
Rookie

Originally Posted by computerwi
I have the Blackvue DR650 in my IS and NX. Very satisfied with video quality and low-profile visibility. See this post for my setup in the NX: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ml#post9052326
hi, any issues with the Blackvue? I have read on the dashcam forum that Blackvue is good design but it does not always work?
Old 10-27-15, 02:19 PM
online421
Rookie

can you please post some photos of the fuse box and the installation? please please~
Old 10-27-15, 05:42 PM
NXOwner
Racer

can you please post some photos of the fuse box and the installation? please please~
I've posted fusebox pics over in this thread.
Old 10-27-15, 10:13 PM
computerwi
Advanced

hi, any issues with the Blackvue? I have read on the dashcam forum that Blackvue is good design but it does not always work?
I have never had issues with either of the Blackvue setups in my IS or NX. Both are running the DR-650 model. Although, I can't say I actively review or save the video from the cameras. They are just there as a silent witness or when I see something cool on a drive that I want to save.
Old 10-27-15, 10:14 PM
computerwi
Advanced

I added a photo of the fuse box connections to my post. Thanks to @corradoMR2 for the reminder.