NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Watch media/ DVDs in NX

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-15, 05:35 PM
ho52806
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Watch media/ DVDs in NX

Hi all. I know this is a subject that has been touched upon by I wanted to let everyone know about a unique combo mod I did to watch movies in vehicle while in motion.

I know the whole speech about the dangers of this but this thread is about the mod.

What I installed was the Vaistech ULM-81 for $179 and also the Prestigious Society MEIS-TAVI module fabout $90 (I can't remember). Why did I mix the brands? Because the Vais module allowed me to retain the steering wheel controls and NOT has a separate Toggle remote that was wired. The MEIS module was to enable an extra input under the AV tab on the source menu. What I added was a little media player that enabled me to plug in a USB or SD card to watch downloaded movies!!!

So in summary, the VAIS module allowed the Navigation in motion but also to enable the DVD playback. The MEIS module allowed an extra input (which was RCA inputs - one yellow and the red and white audio). I had this combo for my RX but however I have not been able to find the AV input that had a HDMI yet so the MEIS-TAVI had to do for now. I had to use a converter but on the 7" screen you cant see any difference really.

Special thanks to Ramsey member who helped me with some hints on how to take apart the dash. I really can't believe that the ENTIRE dash came apart with a single screw - it was like a snap together plastic model. Once the dash was apart the radio had 2 10mm screws but that was it. Pretty much plug and play on both harness and real neat and tidy installation.

Anyone have questions or want to tackle it on their own please lemme know if you need help. Im sorry I didn't post pics because pretty much everything just snapped off and then on back again. I was done in less than an hour.
Old 11-08-15, 09:10 PM
phatm3
Driver

Originally Posted by ho52806
Hi all. I know this is a subject that has been touched upon by I wanted to let everyone know about a unique combo mod I did to watch movies in vehicle while in motion.

I know the whole speech about the dangers of this but this thread is about the mod.

What I installed was the Vaistech ULM-81 for $179 and also the Prestigious Society MEIS-TAVI module fabout $90 (I can't remember). Why did I mix the brands? Because the Vais module allowed me to retain the steering wheel controls and NOT has a separate Toggle remote that was wired. The MEIS module was to enable an extra input under the AV tab on the source menu. What I added was a little media player that enabled me to plug in a USB or SD card to watch downloaded movies!!!

So in summary, the VAIS module allowed the Navigation in motion but also to enable the DVD playback. The MEIS module allowed an extra input (which was RCA inputs - one yellow and the red and white audio). I had this combo for my RX but however I have not been able to find the AV input that had a HDMI yet so the MEIS-TAVI had to do for now. I had to use a converter but on the 7" screen you cant see any difference really.

Special thanks to Ramsey member who helped me with some hints on how to take apart the dash. I really can't believe that the ENTIRE dash came apart with a single screw - it was like a snap together plastic model. Once the dash was apart the radio had 2 10mm screws but that was it. Pretty much plug and play on both harness and real neat and tidy installation.

Anyone have questions or want to tackle it on their own please lemme know if you need help. Im sorry I didn't post pics because pretty much everything just snapped off and then on back again. I was done in less than an hour.

Sweet! Can you also hook up to your phone and play netflix? Highly Interested...really, one hour?
Old 11-09-15, 04:43 AM
ho52806
Driver School Candidate

Yes u can I guess. My old system for the RX I was able to hook up 2 systems bc there was 2 inputs (that was a Vais unit for about 399 which had hdmi).

You would have to buy a small converter since the Pres Soc unit only takes RCA input. It's less than 20 on Amazon but it does take a USB power supply or u can wire it into key on power like I did.

But doesn't your Netflix eat up all your data plan? I know mine would and I have Verizon.

And yes it took less than an hour total.
Old 11-09-15, 08:10 AM
phatm3
Driver

Originally Posted by ho52806
Yes u can I guess. My old system for the RX I was able to hook up 2 systems bc there was 2 inputs (that was a Vais unit for about 399 which had hdmi).

You would have to buy a small converter since the Pres Soc unit only takes RCA input. It's less than 20 on Amazon but it does take a USB power supply or u can wire it into key on power like I did.

But doesn't your Netflix eat up all your data plan? I know mine would and I have Verizon.

And yes it took less than an hour total.

Wrt the data plan, yes it would eat it up. But I have 10gigs, so once in a while movie or youtube while waiting in the car doesn't hurt.

There was a step by step panel removal posted here, I am searching for it, but can't seem to find it at the moment. Thanks again
Old 11-09-15, 08:19 AM
ho52806
Driver School Candidate

If you need help with panel removal, let me know. I can take picture of dash and tell you step by step how to remove.
Old 11-09-15, 11:32 AM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi All,

Looks like everyone's looking for the DIY to take apart the dash. Here's our that you can use:

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/Instruct...6223EP_DIY.pdf

And FYI, we also have the NAV/DVD in motion available:
http://www.beatsonicusa.com/nsd6223ep.html

Recent review on our NAV/DVD in motion: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...ml#post9227470

And the Video input Adapter:
http://www.beatsonicusa.com/avc38.html

Ours will allow Video in motion while the navigation is working whereas our competitors will not. We have CL special pricing as well - pm me.

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
Old 11-09-15, 11:33 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Would love pics of removing the dash and instructions. I would love to try and hide a wire for the radar detector on the windshield, this might be the best way to do that.
Old 11-09-15, 02:24 PM
burr1t0
Driver School Candidate

The PDF posted by BeatSonic to take apart the dash is for the RX. Here's the link for instructions to take apart the dash for the NX

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/Instruct...6223EP_DIY.pdf
Old 11-09-15, 02:32 PM
phatm3
Driver

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...3ZFX1VaajhaaVk

Here you go....oops beat me to it
Old 11-09-15, 05:41 PM
jbm79
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Removing all those panels (from reading the instructions) looks very intimidating.
Old 02-21-16, 06:25 PM
disbeyinya
Driver School Candidate

Default av input

my model is only 2013 so i don't have this feature on my gs350, but figure id share