NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Hi from Australia!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-15, 11:40 AM
online421
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

by the way the petrol used by the NX is to be 91 or higher, not that I want to use 91 but its an option. (Lexus online user manual P610 )

The Mark Levinson is lack of bass if you like loud door banging bass, but its there and subtle, I like the ML bass. The clarity of the ML audio is truely astounding when you get a brilliantly recorded vocal. I usually dont have a good ear in telling the sound difference between a speaker by Sony and a Speaker by Dynaudio, but when I sit in a NX with ML audio and a NX with standard Pioneer audio, I can tell the difference straight away.

the cabin is very quiet, quieter than Prius. I love the combination of the ML audio and the quietness of the cabin. this is what made me bought the car, 2 of the other options were X3 and RSQ5,

Last edited by online421; 12-08-15 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-08-15, 05:05 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by online421
by the way the petrol used by the NX is to be 91 or higher, not that I want to use 91 but its an option. (Lexus online user manual P610 )
Is there an AU/NZ user manual? I've been reading the US one and there's a lot of irrelevant information that doesn't apply here.

I never use 91 in my cars. My current Euro Honda Civic hatch requires a minimum of 95 and often in wealthier areas in Melbourne, they don't even offer 95, just 91 and 98.

I will probably use 95 or 98 in the NX. If it's designed to run on 91 then I think 95 should be sufficient. I assume NZ is the same and has 91/95/98? (Some stations from United also have 100 )

The Mark Levinson is lack of bass if you like loud door banging bass, but its there and subtle, I like the ML bass. The clarity of the ML audio is truely astounding when you get a brilliantly recorded vocal. I usually dont have a good ear in telling the sound difference between a speaker by Sony and a Speaker by Dynaudio, but when I sit in a NX with ML audio and a NX with standard Pioneer audio, I can tell the difference straight away.
My current Honda has a premium audio fitted, it's a Pioneer system and the bass is thumping. I only got to listen to the radio on the NX's Mark Levinson but it did sound very clear.

the cabin is very quiet, quieter than Prius. I love the combination of the ML audio and the quietness of the cabin. this is what made me bought the car, 2 of the other options were X3 and RSQ5,
I actually found it to be as quiet as my friends 2007 Prius. I'm also very impressed that you can barely hear the engine startup from EV mode.

I did not however try to drive the NX on the highway so I don't know whether it will be quieter than the NX.

Does the petrol engine turn off every time you lift off the throttle like the Prius?
Old 12-08-15, 06:02 PM
online421
Rookie

Not sure if there is an online manual for AUS/NZ drivers...

Yes we are 91/95/98 as well, altho its hard to find 95 in NZ, most places are either 91 or 98, I always use 98.

Does the engine turn off when I lift off the throttle?... yes it does (also depends on the situation), but I only know this because the schematics is showing it, otherwise it is virtually unnoticeable.

I recently towed an empty furniture moving trailer (Look ST cargo trailer) for 140km, I can hear the wind noise from the trailer, the trailer weighs 415kg, single axle, covered, look like this:

Hi from Australia!-file0_048768_640480.jpg

The fuel economy went from 15km/L to 14.7km/L.
Old 12-08-15, 06:22 PM
miop4000
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by online421
Not sure if there is an online manual for AUS/NZ drivers...

Yes we are 91/95/98 as well, altho its hard to find 95 in NZ, most places are either 91 or 98, I always use 98.

Does the engine turn off when I lift off the throttle?... yes it does (also depends on the situation), but I only know this because the schematics is showing it, otherwise it is virtually unnoticeable.

I recently towed an empty furniture moving trailer (Look ST cargo trailer) for 140km, I can hear the wind noise from the trailer, the trailer weighs 415kg, single axle, covered, look like this:

Attachment 375478

The fuel economy went from 15km/L to 14.7km/L.
American RON and Australian RON are not the same thing. American 91 is equivalent to Aussie 95. Aus spec NX will take 95 and above but also E10 which is 94 RON.

Also Australian specs of vehicle not same as American. An example, Aussie TPMS is the indirect type that only warns of a flat tyre with a dash icon. Americans have direct TPMS mandated which provides an image with each tyre's pressure displayed. The latter is a much more costly, fragile and higher maintenance system and as mentioned, mandated by law in US.
Old 12-08-15, 06:27 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by miop4000
American RON and Australian RON are not the same thing. American 91 is equivalent to Aussie 95. Aus spec NX will take 95 and above but also E10 which is 94 RON.
I don't think the NX can take E10 here. Well my Corolla can, be either way I will never use that in my cars.

Also Australian specs of vehicle not same as American. An example, Aussie TPMS is the indirect type that only warns of a flat tyre with a dash icon. Americans have direct TPMS mandated which provides an image with each tyre's pressure displayed. The latter is a much more costly, fragile and higher maintenance system and as mentioned, mandated by law in US.
We just get whatever the European market gets. Like F-sport on the 300h

You Americans also have the actual word written on the dash while we have international symbols.

You guys also have some weird amber sidelight. I can see the orange reflector on our cars, I'm wondering if the wiring for the side marker lights are on our models?
Old 12-08-15, 09:46 PM
miop4000
Intermediate

The type of fuel permissible is written on the inside of the fuel flap. Lexus ct 200h and NX are E10 compatible. E10 has a high RON (94). As long as the fuel lines are designed to tolerate the sugar fuel, there is no problem in its use.
Having said that, I personally don't touch the staff because of its poor mileage.
Old 12-10-15, 12:59 AM
cssaus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations I have the exact same specs as to what you are ordering.

In addition to the cargo tray I have the black plastic sill that goes on the rear bar underneath the tailgate (didn't go for the aluminum one, told that it scratched easy) and illuminated door sills.
Old 12-10-15, 02:09 AM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cssaus
Congratulations I have the exact same specs as to what you are ordering.

In addition to the cargo tray I have the black plastic sill that goes on the rear bar underneath the tailgate (didn't go for the aluminum one, told that it scratched easy) and illuminated door sills.
Hey there in the next state!

I forgot to ask for mats... Will they include it when I pick up the car?

So you got the graphite too? I am having a little trouble... In the US they have this non-premium paint called Obsidian which I think is called Onyx here.

There is a premium black called Starlight Black, which I can see in a brochure I got in early 2015 but now it has been replaced by a new colour called Graphite Black (which is the one I got). It looks like a really dark grey colour and I can't seem to find any pictures of this "Graphite Black" colour.

Here are the two brochures I have.

April 2015:

December 2015:
Old 12-10-15, 10:47 AM
cssaus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1

So you got the graphite too? I am having a little trouble... In the US they have this non-premium paint called Obsidian which I think is called Onyx here.

There is a premium black called Starlight Black, which I can see in a brochure I got in early 2015 but now it has been replaced by a new colour called Graphite Black (which is the one I got). It looks like a really dark grey colour and I can't seem to find any pictures of this "Graphite Black" colour.
My car is Sonic Quartz and it did come with floor mats, didn't have to separately order them.
Old 12-10-15, 11:13 AM
miop4000
Intermediate

Here are the two brochures I have.

April 2015:

December 2015:
Fortunately the mats are included in all Lexus vehicles in Australia. I priced a Genuine Lexus replacement set of mats from for my CT at $420!
Old 12-10-15, 02:00 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

In N.A. "Caviar" is available on certain Lexus models (like the ES below) which I suspect is the equivalent name to "Graphite Black". It's a metallic near-black color with a hint of dark gray. On its own it looks metallic black but beside say Onyx (or Obsidian in N.A.), it will look very dark gray and you can see the difference...

Old 12-10-15, 04:01 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

My car is Sonic Quartz and it did come with floor mats, didn't have to separately order them.
Ahh that sounds good. I still need to confirm with my dealer to make sure he installs them!

Originally Posted by miop4000
Fortunately the mats are included in all Lexus vehicles in Australia. I priced a Genuine Lexus replacement set of mats from for my CT at $420!
That's outrageous for mats! I usually put cheap mats on top of the genuine ones to keep the OEM mats clean

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
In N.A. "Caviar" is available on certain Lexus models (like the ES below) which I suspect is the equivalent name to "Graphite Black". It's a metallic near-black color with a hint of dark gray. On its own it looks metallic black but beside say Onyx (or Obsidian in N.A.), it will look very dark gray and you can see the difference...
Thank you for the pictures!

I haven't seen any pictures at all of the NX in "Graphite Black". My dealer said it is a black with some gold flakes in it to give it a rusty look. I don't know what that means and I'm not sure it would look good on the NX, but I'm sure when I see it in the flesh I will be very happy with it.

I find it very strange that Lexus removed the premium black "Starlight Black". I wonder if there were issues or reasons why they changed the colours available mid-cycle?

The metallic "Graphite Black" is listed on my invoice as a $1240.38 extra so I really hope I'll like it when I see it!
Old 12-10-15, 04:05 PM
cssaus
Driver School Candidate

Get your dealer to also have the front door windows tinted as well.
Old 12-10-15, 04:18 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Get your dealer to also have the front door windows tinted as well.
I already asked, he said he can't offer it in the price.

I don't know about NSW, but in VIC, the NX is sold out and has a 6 months waiting list... which is why they don't add in a lot of things.
Old 12-10-15, 04:37 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

I find it very strange that Lexus removed the premium black "Starlight Black". I wonder if there were issues or reasons why they changed the colours available mid-cycle?

The metallic "Graphite Black" is listed on my invoice as a $1240.38 extra so I really hope I'll like it when I see it!
Nah, no issues. Lexus likes to update the color palette based on what they feel is best for the model. An article in more detail here: https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...trum-of-Choice

Caviar / Graphite Black is a premium metallic paint. You won't be disappointed.

Quick Reply: Hi from Australia!