NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Hi from Australia!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-15, 11:11 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi from Australia!

I just ordered my NX today in Graphite Black in F-Sport trim and Enhancement Pack 2. I am going to get it in Jan of 2016. Here are the options I got.

NX300h standard equipment in Australia
- cruise control
- drive mode select
- rear view camera
- front + rear parking sensors
- satellite navigation
- 10-speaker Audio System
- digital Radio
- heated front seats
- 4-way powered steering column adjustment
- powered tailgate
- rain-sensing wipers

F-Sport adds:
- a host of F-Sport visual changes that I won't go through
- triple-beam full LED headlights
- adaptive suspension
- 4 drive modes (Eco, NORMAL, Sport, Sport+)
- panoramic 360 view camera
- 10-way power seats with memory
- ventilated front seats
- wireless charger
- blind spot monitor with rear cross traffic alert

Enhancement Pack 2 adds:
- Mark Levinson 14 speaker audio
- pre-collision warning
- radar active cruise control
- lane departure warning
- auto high beam
- HUD
- smart key card
- moonroof

Dealer is also throwing in a cargo mat.

I can't wait to get mine! Anything I should do to prepare for my delivery? I see on eBay there are silicon cases for the key fobs, might get those.

Last edited by TeaAholic1; 12-06-15 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-07-15, 12:07 AM
online421
Rookie

Hi TeaAholic

welcome to the forum! I am in Auckland.

I have a Blue F sport 300h with everything you have, except the moon roof. The moon roof is offered on the Limited version only in NZ.

I have installed a Blackvue 650 2 channel dash cam for my NX today.
Old 12-07-15, 02:04 AM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Hi there neighbour!

I didn't actually know the moonroof was included in the Enhancement Pack 2. I thought that was an option in Enhancement Pack 1 which is the 14 speaker Mark Levinson and the moonroof. It was only after I realised EP2 also included them both.

Blackvue is a good brand! I was thinking of getting one but they are so expensive!

How do you find the driver assistance technology? Does the car drive itself?
Old 12-07-15, 02:16 AM
online421
Rookie

We are limited by options here being so far away from the rest of the world... you can either get the Blackvue or the cheapo $50 AUD dash cam.... for some reason the Blackvue here is selling less than the lowest on Amazon so I took it.

as for the driver assistance technology, I am pretty sure the computer can drive itself but it has been tuned down massively, in short, no you cant let the car drive itself fully, but I do let the car take partial control on a long straight road (lane departure will pull the car back into the centre of the lane + cruise control with radar to maintain safe speed and distance with other cars.)
Old 12-07-15, 02:22 AM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Ahh that's cool.

This is my first "luxury car" so I'm quite excited.

I haven't gone through the options list, so I have plenty of time to find out what each feature does.

How has your commute benefited the hybrid system? Is there a lot of traffic in NZ? I'm always stuck in traffic so my fuel economy is just horrible as I creep in traffic.

How much EV can you do on the NX? Can it do all electric in bumper to bumper city traffic?

Also one quick question, does the car have LED illuminated door handles or is that some other lighting option I don't know about?
Old 12-07-15, 02:34 AM
miop4000
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Hi from Sydney. 200t fsport with Ep2
Old 12-07-15, 02:54 AM
online421
Rookie

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1
Ahh that's cool.

This is my first "luxury car" so I'm quite excited.

I haven't gone through the options list, so I have plenty of time to find out what each feature does.

How has your commute benefited the hybrid system? Is there a lot of traffic in NZ? I'm always stuck in traffic so my fuel economy is just horrible as I creep in traffic.

How much EV can you do on the NX? Can it do all electric in bumper to bumper city traffic?

Also one quick question, does the car have LED illuminated door handles or is that some other lighting option I don't know about?
I used to drive an Audi but that was a few years ago, great car, but not cheap to run!

My commute has benefited a lot from the hybrid, it does 15km/l normally, there isnt a lot of traffic in New Zealand compare to overseas but the congestion can be bad at times because there are so many rubber neckers.

the car will put itself into EV mode while in traffic, ie, bumper to bumper, sometimes the engine kicks in because there isnt a lot of power/Electricity left in the battery, but this has not affected my MPG or km per litre. Mine came with the illuminated door handle, pretty cool at night. I think this is standard across all models for NZ/Aus? not sure about US market, Lexus USA does not offer Marc Levinson, nor the 4 years free maintenance and servce package that we get in New Zealand (am guessing Australia Lexus offers this too?) I think the HUD is not available in the US market too? and maybe a few other things.
Old 12-07-15, 03:26 AM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by miop4000
Can you confirm the EP2 has the moonroof and Mark Levi speaker system? How big is the moonroof? Do you like it?

Originally Posted by online421
I used to drive an Audi but that was a few years ago, great car, but not cheap to run!
Yeah I'm not a fan of the VW Group. Before I bought my NX, I drove the following cars:

BMW X1 18d sDrive
Mazda CX-5 2.5i
Mercedes GLA 250 4MATIC
Porsche Macan

The BMW was awful (probably because it was a base model), but that diesel engine was really bad. The Mazda was nice, but it felt like a Subaru Forester. And it wasn't a luxury vehicle inside. The Mercedes I really liked overall, but it is a little small. The Porsche Macan was a great car! Only two reasons why I didn't get one, first it's a sports SUV, I wanted a luxury quiet SUV and secondly it starts at 85K with no options and that's insane.

My commute has benefited a lot from the hybrid, it does 15km/l normally, there isnt a lot of traffic in New Zealand compare to overseas but the congestion can be bad at times because there are so many rubber neckers.
So that's around 6.5L/100km. I guess that isn't horrible for a mid-sized SUV?

Didn't know you NZ people use km/L to measure consumption like in Japan.

the car will put itself into EV mode while in traffic, ie, bumper to bumper, sometimes the engine kicks in because there isnt a lot of power/Electricity left in the battery, but this has not affected my MPG or km per litre. Mine came with the illuminated door handle, pretty cool at night. I think this is standard across all models for NZ/Aus? not sure about US market, Lexus USA does not offer Marc Levinson, nor the 4 years free maintenance and servce package that we get in New Zealand (am guessing Australia Lexus offers this too?) I think the HUD is not available in the US market too? and maybe a few other things.
The only long term experience with a hybrid is that I drove earlier in the year a 2006 Prius from Melbourne to Sydney with my friend. The car is actually really quiet whether in EV or hybrid mode, so I can't really tell whether then engine is on unless I have the energy monitor on.

Great to hear that the illuminated door handles are there.

The US cars are cheaper but it seems we get much better equipped cars down under. Australia, being a land of European immigrants prefer Euro brands so Lexus does spec the cars very well here, even for the base model. I believe the US doesn't get the 360 degree panoramic camera.

My contract says I got 3 years free servicing with my corporate plan.
Old 12-07-15, 12:00 PM
online421
Rookie

Nice cars you had before!
I like Macan but I dont think I am that rich. its a fashion statement for Porsche.
I prefer petrol car with reliability thats second to none and quiet - seems Lexus is the only answer.

As for the fuel consumption, I am very light footed and drive the car like how Lexus wanted me to drive it. but I still cant get anywhere close to the claimed 5.7km/100L. I think the fuel consumption is not too bad, consider the car weighs nearly 2 ton.

US price for NX is insanely low, our listed price for NX300h F sport/Limited is the same at 86k AUD. if you want to add a packaged called "Pre-crash safety system; All-speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)", I think this is a $3k AUD option, otherwise everything in the Enhancement 2 package you have listed is included in the F sport/Limited model.

I am glad I didnt buy the none F sport./Limited model, the basic model of the 300h 2wd/4wd can not tow a trailer at all.

also Lexus NZ lets you tow 750kg unbraked, and 1500kg braked. I think Australia Lexus only lets you tow 1000kg braked, that is not a lot, it cost quite a bit for the tow package, I got mine installed at Lexus for a staggering $1600 AUD. Being hybrid you have to be careful, I was told by a mechanic from a reputable tow bar installer that the hitch for Rav4 might work for the car, it cost half of what Lexus quoted, but I rather be safe than sorry so I had it installed at Lexus.

Last edited by online421; 12-07-15 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-07-15, 03:11 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Congrats on your order.

Smart Key Card? As in the wallet key card? Had it on the RX, so convenient as it was always in my wallet and I never had to bother with a fob.
Old 12-07-15, 04:04 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi. I notice your hood protector. Any idea how I could get my hands on one for my car?
Old 12-07-15, 04:40 PM
miop4000
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1
Can you confirm the EP2 has the moonroof and Mark Levi speaker system? How big is the moonroof? Do you like it?

Yeah I'm not a fan of the VW Group. Before I bought my NX, I drove the following cars:

BMW X1 18d sDrive
Mazda CX-5 2.5i
Mercedes GLA 250 4MATIC
Porsche Macan

The BMW was awful (probably because it was a base model), but that diesel engine was really bad. The Mazda was nice, but it felt like a Subaru Forester. And it wasn't a luxury vehicle inside. The Mercedes I really liked overall, but it is a little small. The Porsche Macan was a great car! Only two reasons why I didn't get one, first it's a sports SUV, I wanted a luxury quiet SUV and secondly it starts at 85K with no options and that's insane.

So that's around 6.5L/100km. I guess that isn't horrible for a mid-sized SUV?

Didn't know you NZ people use km/L to measure consumption like in Japan.

The only long term experience with a hybrid is that I drove earlier in the year a 2006 Prius from Melbourne to Sydney with my friend. The car is actually really quiet whether in EV or hybrid mode, so I can't really tell whether then engine is on unless I have the energy monitor on.

Great to hear that the illuminated door handles are there.

The US cars are cheaper but it seems we get much better equipped cars down under. Australia, being a land of European immigrants prefer Euro brands so Lexus does spec the cars very well here, even for the base model. I believe the US doesn't get the 360 degree panoramic camera.

My contract says I got 3 years free servicing with my corporate plan.
Moonroof is not Panoramic bit its big.
Mark Levinson is sensational. Have not enjoyed driving so much as with this stereo.
A must have in my opinion.
You don't notice any wind noise, rattles or road noise!
Old 12-07-15, 04:41 PM
miop4000
Intermediate

Originally Posted by legrunt
Hi. I notice your hood protector. Any idea how I could get my hands on one for my car?
Standard accessory here in Australia. Check out online store Lexus of Melbourne.
Old 12-07-15, 04:45 PM
miop4000
Intermediate

Originally Posted by legrunt
Here is a better view. Sorry about the ribbon.
Old 12-08-15, 02:24 AM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by online421
Nice cars you had before!
I like Macan but I dont think I am that rich. its a fashion statement for Porsche.
I prefer petrol car with reliability thats second to none and quiet - seems Lexus is the only answer.
The Macan is actually a really nice car. I just can't appreciate it as I’m not a sports car guy. The NX fully option up is 84,000 here in VIC. I optioned up a Macan to 130K and it is still missing a lot of the options.

As for the fuel consumption, I am very light footed and drive the car like how Lexus wanted me to drive it. but I still cant get anywhere close to the claimed 5.7km/100L. I think the fuel consumption is not too bad, consider the car weighs nearly 2 ton.
I think it really depends on the driving style. The petrol engine may get more fuel efficient as it gets run in.

US price for NX is insanely low, our listed price for NX300h F sport/Limited is the same at 86k AUD. if you want to add a packaged called "Pre-crash safety system; All-speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)", I think this is a $3k AUD option, otherwise everything in the Enhancement 2 package you have listed is included in the F sport/Limited model.
Seems to be more expensive in NZ. I also have to pay a luxury car tax because the car was more than $70,000 thereabouts.

Originally Posted by Pinhead
if you are even considering a Macan vs NX
please, buy the Macan
they are not even in the same category of car.
The Macan is better in Every.Single.Way.
A base Macan is not better than the NX in my opinion in “Every. Single. Way”.

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Congrats on your order.

Smart Key Card? As in the wallet key card? Had it on the RX, so convenient as it was always in my wallet and I never had to bother with a fob.
Yeah. I don’t know why this is a feature. The key fob does the same job as the key card. Actually the key card is missing the buttons and the emergency key.

Moonroof is not Panoramic bit its big.
Mark Levinson is sensational. Have not enjoyed driving so much as with this stereo.
A must have in my opinion.
You don't notice any wind noise, rattles or road noise!
I didn’t get the see the moonroof before I bought the car. Some say the Mark Levinson is lacking bass?

Good to hear that the cabin is quiet.

Standard accessory here in Australia. Check out online store Lexus of Melbourne.
When you mean standard, did you mean you got it for free?

Quick Reply: Hi from Australia!