F Sport Value

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-16, 09:20 AM
Futpurch
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F Sport Value

Is F sport worth it?

I prefer the look of the F sport grill vs the normal spindle grill.
Old 01-22-16, 09:24 AM
fayewolf
Driver School Candidate

Yes for me, the main thing for me is the weird angle that the non-sport nose has, bothers me a lot.
Old 01-22-16, 09:31 AM
skabei
Driver

Originally Posted by fayewolf
Yes for me, the main thing for me is the weird angle that the non-sport nose has, bothers me a lot.
This was my main reason for getting the F-Sport.

The F-Sport package in the US is only a cosmetic package so its not too expensive but in Canada for the 2015, it included most features excluding AVS, lane departure, and HUD plus some other minor things so it was an expensive package.

I'd recommend it. I have not heard of anyone doing a conversion on their own so if you feel that you might regret not getting an F-Sport, you should just get an F-Sport.

Only thing is if you don't like the F-Sport seats or if you need ventilated seats because those are some of the problems with the F-Sport.
Old 01-22-16, 09:58 AM
asianmoomo
Rookie

I love the F-Sport but for me the seats are too narrow...i feel fat in it.
Old 01-22-16, 10:26 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Seats are both subjective and objective. I like the feel, don't "feel fat" but feel "tucked in" as you might on a more sporty car. I have always preferred a firm seat. 6 ft 170, so you have something for comparison. If they are uncomfortable when you test drive, play with the settings first (steering wheel as well as seat) then compare to the non-sport. I like the whole package, the grill, seats (red) and tighter suspension. The extra gauges, paddles, other items are there but seldom in use for me, but I do like the black headliner especially in bright summer. It seems to reduce glare and I had one as an option on a Mini several years ago. This guy on YouTube (Saabkyle) probably "sells" the F Sport as well as anyone, if it provides you any insight.
Old 01-22-16, 11:02 AM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

I like the looks of the F sport also, but the nose angle on my non f sport Luxury model doesn't bother me from the driver seat. I wanted real leather seats, lane keep with drivers assist, pre collision, radar cruise, auto high beams, power folding rear seat, ventilated seats, rain sensing wipers. I had to get a Luxury model in the U.S. to get these features...although Luxury models like mine are hard to find. It's still plenty sporty to drive. I wish they offered a F sport with these features here in the U.S. But I guess Lexus didn't run the price into the 53K plus range.
Old 01-22-16, 11:05 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

If it's worth it is a very subjective question that only you can answer.

As stated above, the F Sport is cosmetic, but it also has a different sport tuned suspension and more aggressively bolstered seats over the regular NX.

For me, the extra 2-3K (US) is worth it just for the exterior look, but make sure you test drive it and are good with the slightly firmer ride and seats.
Old 01-22-16, 04:02 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
If it's worth it is a very subjective question that only you can answer.

As stated above, the F Sport is cosmetic, but it also has a different sport tuned suspension and more aggressively bolstered seats over the regular NX.

For me, the extra 2-3K (US) is worth it just for the exterior look, but make sure you test drive it and are good with the slightly firmer ride and seats.
I am reading the prices between US and Australia and it seems while our NX has a much higher starting price, our options list isn't that expensive.

F-Sport is $7000 more than the AWD base model but has AVS with SPORT+ mode and BSM, Pano camera, triple-beam LED, self-dimming mirror, 3-memory seats, ventilated seats, Qi-phone charger.

That make it almost a mandatory option to add F-Sport here!

But before I knew the features F-Sport had, I really do love the grill. It really is unique amongst all the other cars. Make it look more interesting than the Evoque/Macan/X4.
Old 01-22-16, 04:36 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Futpurch
Is F sport worth it?

I prefer the look of the F sport grill vs the normal spindle grill.
well thats all you`ll be getting with the F sport in the US. Cosemtic package only. Up North they get alot more goodies that make it more tech
Old 01-23-16, 08:09 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by coolsaber
well thats all you`ll be getting with the F sport in the US. Cosemtic package only. Up North they get alot more goodies that make it more tech
It's not really all cosmetic in the US, but certainly more so than some other countries, see above the line below:
FSPORT–tuned suspension
Race-inspired paddle shifters
G-force and turbo-boost displays
FSPORT 18-in split-five-spoke alloy wheels with Superchrome finish and 235/55R18 summer tires2 or 18-in split-five-spoke alloy wheels with machined finish and 225/60R18 all-season tires2
deeply bolstered front sport seats
----
FSPORT front fascia and mesh grille insert
Aluminum pedals
FSPORT front fender and rear door badges
Metallic Sport interior trim
Black headliner
FSPORT perforated leather–trimmed steering wheel and shift ****

Pricing for competition probably dictates package contents everywhere.
Old 01-23-16, 09:47 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jim256
It's not really all cosmetic in the US, but certainly more so than some other countries, see above the line below:
FSPORT–tuned suspension
Race-inspired paddle shifters
G-force and turbo-boost displays
FSPORT 18-in split-five-spoke alloy wheels with Superchrome finish and 235/55R18 summer tires2 or 18-in split-five-spoke alloy wheels with machined finish and 225/60R18 all-season tires2
deeply bolstered front sport seats
----
FSPORT front fascia and mesh grille insert
Aluminum pedals
FSPORT front fender and rear door badges
Metallic Sport interior trim
Black headliner

Pricing for competition probably dictates package contents everywhere.
That cool, but have you felt a difference on any road when test driving the F sport to the Base. Nothing really changed, unless I really try to convince myself there is a change i got nothing. At least with the RX F sport there was a slight change That I felt when going back to back.
Old 01-23-16, 11:29 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by coolsaber
That cool, but have you felt a difference on any road when test driving the F sport to the Base. Nothing really changed, unless I really try to convince myself there is a change i got nothing. At least with the RX F sport there was a slight change That I felt when going back to back.
The F Sport felt tighter to me, hard to quantify but the 18 inch wheels, the Yamaha performance damper, somewhat tighter suspension all contribute. Probably the feel of the seat, as well. I was coming from a '13 ES 300h, so they both felt a lot different, however I have had an RX 400h and an IS 350 for (historical) comparison. I wanted something firmer than the ES , so maybe it was a self-fulfilling prophesy when the F had the "tighter" suspension bits and wheels. I do like the grill and red/black interior, and they were side-by-side so that probably had an effect, as well.

The first part of the normal drive at my dealer's is on a twisty 2 lane, some hills, then back via interstate, and it just felt good. I priced both and felt it was worth it. I wanted AWD which in NC limits selection, so everything else also came into play--color, options, etc. I would not have been disappointed with the standard model if this one had not been sitting there.
Old 01-24-16, 12:02 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

The F Sport felt tighter to me, hard to quantify but the 18 inch wheels, the Yamaha performance damper, somewhat tighter suspension all contribute. Probably the feel of the seat, as well. I was coming from a '13 ES 300h, so they both felt a lot different, however I have had an RX 400h and an IS 350 for (historical) comparison. I wanted something firmer than the ES , so maybe it was a self-fulfilling prophesy when the F had the "tighter" suspension bits and wheels. I do like the grill and red/black interior, and they were side-by-side so that probably had an effect, as well.

The first part of the normal drive at my dealer's is on a twisty 2 lane, some hills, then back via interstate, and it just felt good. I priced both and felt it was worth it. I wanted AWD which in NC limits selection, so everything else also came into play--color, options, etc. I would not have been disappointed with the standard model if this one had not been sitting there.
The damper is interesting. Didnt know it existed before you pointed it out. It basically a glorified strut bar with a moveable piston acting like a lateral shock abosrber. The undulations in the video demo of the item, is interesting. Its somehow able to control motion in 3 dimensions. I dont know how, and why. A active anti sway bar setup would be more effective then the strut bar, but a solid one piece strut bar could do the same thing but cheaper
Old 01-24-16, 10:40 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

I believe these are available on non-FSport models.
Old 01-24-16, 10:42 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NXOwner
I believe these are available on non-FSport models.
The F Sport leather looks different.

Here is the Japanese Lexus website of all the F Sport differences on the NX.

http://lexus.jp/models/nx/f/index.html

Quick Reply: F Sport Value