NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Doing some secondary.... Older Folks, please read.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-16, 05:25 PM
hwitten
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Doing some secondary.... Older Folks, please read.

I have a deposit on a non-Sport, Executive trim but I can change my mind until it actually arrives so I'm doing some secondary checking. Of course it's just as bad as it's good since I'm driving myself a bit crazy.

My alternates are MY16 or 17 MKC and MY17 Santa Fe Sport.

The NX has an acceptable level of Tech so I'm taking Tech out of my confirmation criteria.

One of the reasons we went for the Santa Fe Sport in '13 was ease of getting in and out. As we are now past mandatory retirement age, it's no fun getting in and out of most sedans, hence the CUV.

That makes ease of entry/exit number one and cargo space second on my criteria list. I believe the NX will have a bit less cargo volume, but I suspect it's because of a more aggressive roof line.

My question... however unfair, is simply to ask if anyone in older age group has had regrets going NX when it comes to comfort, easy in/out and space.
Old 03-05-16, 08:31 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

my mother in law says it's a little easier getting in/out the rear seats of my NX than it is our IS250.

I have running boards installed on my NX and tried to imagine them helping. Doesn't seem like they would help me unless I really had trouble lifting my leg into the car. And at that point, you'd have to hold onto several points as they don't extend away from the car very much. So, if you're healthy, I think the NX will be fine.
Old 03-05-16, 09:54 PM
Mr645
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at the MKC before buying my NX. What I did to care for in the Lincoln may be features you like. I did not like the push button transmission on the dash and the flat, soft seats. I went for the NX F sport. However the did like the 2.3L engine option in the Lincoln.
Old 03-06-16, 11:17 AM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hwitten

My question... however unfair, is simply to ask if anyone in older age group has had regrets going NX when it comes to comfort, easy in/out and space.
I've owned two RX's in recent years and a RAV4. I loved the size of the RAV4 but missed the quality and tech stuff of the Lexus. With the 300h I now I have more room in the garage and find it a perfect fit for my 6' 200 lb. frame. It's a great car for traveling for my wife and I without kids to haul around any longer, with plenty of luggage room for us. At my age I find smaller is better and it's all we need. Since delivery of my NX in December of 2014 I've never had to take it in for service other then a tire rotation and an oil change. I love the Lexus quality.

I'm in my seventies.
Old 03-09-16, 11:40 AM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

My wife and I are in our mid 60's and find the NX very easy to get in and out of. It is also a very comfortable car for trips, long and short. No regrets here.
Old 03-09-16, 11:54 AM
hwitten
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you all.

Had an MKC for a day to do a second pass as we only had a very short test earlier, while I was concentrating on MKX.

It's now off the list as seats were only barely acceptable and it simply did not feel as nice as the NX. Went to the Lexus dealer with the MKC for an NX sit-in to be sure
Old 03-10-16, 11:28 PM
NXblue
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the NX is very easy to get in / out of. The seats are a little more back / butt forming than my RDX (Acura) was, but it didn't have the steering column , seat auto back like the NX has!! A nice feature for room to get out, then back in before it goes into position to drive.