2016 Lexus NX 200 No Factory Navigation DVD Bypass Solution

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-16, 06:14 PM
lilryu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Lexus NX 200 No Factory Navigation DVD Bypass Solution

Hi all,

I have a 2016 Lexus NX 200t with no Factory/OEM Navigation and wanted to purchase a DVD bypass so I can use the auxiliary A/V while driving. I was wondering if anyone has tried to put a vais bypass, beat sonic, or prestigious society's bypass in one of these and if it works with the NON-Navigation unit. Any tips or recommendation is greatly appreciated. If you know of other alternatives to get Waze, Google Maps, from the iPhone to the Lexus NX that'd be great also.

Thank you!
Old 04-02-16, 05:57 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Welcome to the forum. The majority of members in this forum have Nav so not sure who may be able to chime in, but in the mean time, have you tried reaching out to Beatsonic directly?
Old 04-02-16, 07:02 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an F sport without Nav. But I have CD player, actually never tried putting a DVD in there
Old 04-04-16, 02:46 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

On the topic, how do you get the nav unit to allow DVD playback while moving?

I'm not that fussed with the DVD thing, I find it annoying I can't input addresses and access the setup menu.
Old 05-17-16, 11:43 AM
cerchiarax
Driver School Candidate

I also have no Nav, and also wondering the same thing. Do the non-nav units have a dvd player? Need to try putting a DVD when I get home if anything to test it out. I'm hoping to try a 3.5mm to composite to see if it will display video to the screen, as I also wanted to get a composite to hdmi and use a chromecast. But I assume we have the same issue as when the car moves the video will stop, which is why the beatsonic could be useful. I may just go ahead and contact BeatSonic, but was curious if the original thread poster had any updates.
Old 05-17-16, 11:59 AM
lilryu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cerchiarax
I also have no Nav, and also wondering the same thing. Do the non-nav units have a dvd player? Need to try putting a DVD when I get home if anything to test it out. I'm hoping to try a 3.5mm to composite to see if it will display video to the screen, as I also wanted to get a composite to hdmi and use a chromecast. But I assume we have the same issue as when the car moves the video will stop, which is why the beatsonic could be useful. I may just go ahead and contact BeatSonic, but was curious if the original thread poster had any updates.
I installed it but it doesn't work and had to return it. Here's the message I got from beatsonic...

"We did some research to find the reason why the video in motion is not functioning properly on your vehicle by checking the Toyota Information System and consulting with our engineers. The video lockout feature for your vehicle is engaged by codes transferred by can-bus from your main computer and bypassing your speed sensor and parking brake is not enough to provide the video in motion... However, all the other features other than video in motion should be active while the vehicle is in motion. But, in your case your motive in purchasing the product was for the video in motion and this product is not delivering the value you expected.
"
Old 05-17-16, 12:23 PM
cerchiarax
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lilryu
I installed it but it doesn't work and had to return it. Here's the message I got from beatsonic...

"We did some research to find the reason why the video in motion is not functioning properly on your vehicle by checking the Toyota Information System and consulting with our engineers. The video lockout feature for your vehicle is engaged by codes transferred by can-bus from your main computer and bypassing your speed sensor and parking brake is not enough to provide the video in motion... However, all the other features other than video in motion should be active while the vehicle is in motion. But, in your case your motive in purchasing the product was for the video in motion and this product is not delivering the value you expected.
"
Oh ok, guess that sux. So I assume you were able to get video working using the 3.5mm connector to composite or using a DVD? I wonder why the non nav would be more complicated to disable... Maybe there is something else besides BeatSonic worth trying...
Old 05-19-16, 05:28 AM
cerchiarax
Driver School Candidate

So decided to get the 3.5mm to composite and hdmi converter and I attached my chromecast, which I assume the op already did as well but just wanted to confirm this setup works on the non-nav. Now if we can only get the video in motion block override and we be set. I noticed there's a couple of different beatsonic models and other devices we might be able to try.

To the Op, how difficult was it to install the beatsonic and what model did you use?
Old 05-31-16, 05:11 PM
lilryu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cerchiarax
So decided to get the 3.5mm to composite and hdmi converter and I attached my chromecast, which I assume the op already did as well but just wanted to confirm this setup works on the non-nav. Now if we can only get the video in motion block override and we be set. I noticed there's a couple of different beatsonic models and other devices we might be able to try.

To the Op, how difficult was it to install the beatsonic and what model did you use?
Yes, I used a hdmi converter + iPhone HDMI digital A/V converter and I can see video and listen to audio while in park. It's not too hard to install, the hardest part was disassembling the car and making sure the car doesn't get scratched. After the disassembly, everything is plug and play. I tested the TVK-66EP.