NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Anyone else have an Autumn Shimmer NX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-16, 12:45 AM
NXNick
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone else have an Autumn Shimmer NX?

After a lot of research & test drives of various cars, especially the M. Benz GLA & GLC, it was no contest-----the NX won. $5-$10k more for options standard on the NX was part of it, the ride, interior, and styling coupled with Lexus' reliability, reputation & resale value helped, too.

But what really iced it for me and my wife was seeing that Autumn Shimmer brown color with the Creme interior for the first time......

Looking closely at the paint, I could see gold speckles, and bright green colored specks you'd see in Black Hills gold jewelry, along with copper ones all peppered in together with the base brown.

What it all ends up being is an elegant, rich dark but bright looking color that pops, and changes with sun, shade, lights hitting it, or nightime reflections. It reminds me of my wife's Hot Lava Corolla that's 10 different shades of orange depending on the time of day or night.

I kid you not, people constantly stare, smile, or roll down their window and say nice car, what kind is it, or that they really like the color. My wife & I have people walk up to us in parking lots and just start talking about our car! Nobody has an NX in our part of Southern Arizona. We do see RX's.
We're so proud and happy to be NX owners!

After reading some of the comments in other areas of ClubLexus about the color looking old/dated, or reminding them of a giant tuRd, we didn't think we'd consider owning a brown colored one. But nobody we've talked to hasn't liked it. Almost everybody in Arizona has a white, silver, or neutral colored car. The heat has a lot to do with it, though.

To us however, this one's perfect!

Sorry about the length of the post, just got carried away talking about my new baby. I know ya'all feel the same way about your NX and your color, but someone on a thread here told me that Autumn Shimmer was a really rare color on NX's and thought that it was really cool color, so it got me thinking........

Does anybody have that color or have any thoughts/info about it or about your own color? And why you like it so much? Thanks!
Old 04-23-16, 02:36 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I've seen a Lexus ES in that color, with the brown/orangish leather and dark wood trim. I must say in the sea of grey/silver color cars that are so popular now, it really stands out. Personally I love that color, and I generally don't like most brownish colors. It has a certain metallic pop and shimmer to it that doesn't make it look like some awful late 70's Ford Fairmont always dirty brown color.
Old 04-23-16, 04:44 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Personally, I prefer last year's darker Fire Agate Pearl, but the paint depth and copper overtones in Autumn Shimmer makes for one stunning unique color.

Old 04-23-16, 09:31 AM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never actually seen anyone drive that brown colour on the streets. I've only seen one in a showroom.

Also, that nose on the non-F Sport is really ugly. I can't get over that! The international grille we have overseas is much nicer.

Old 04-23-16, 12:54 PM
lexusbexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you like it, but we changed our mind after initially wanting it. I think brown doesn't go well with the NX design. It goes well on more conservative designs.
Old 04-24-16, 06:01 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

I haven't seen an Autumn Shimmer anywhere yet but it looks good to me in photos.

I initially liked the Fire Agate also, but when i saw it on a overcast, dark day it looked almost black and very dull. It's a color that needs bright sunlight to show off it's it glimmer and pop. I wonder if the Shimmer isn't the same.