NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

3 days in, wife decides she hates the seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-16, 05:15 PM
Y2HBK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 days in, wife decides she hates the seats

Hello all. Picked up our first Lexus, a 2016 NX f sport a few days ago. This was driven by the wife and we have had more than one test drive with them on a couple of occasions. Today, she came home from work complaining about the bucket seats digging into the sides of her leg and behind. I have no issue but have been used to bucket seats in several of my cars.

Anyone else with this issue on this model or others and possible suggestions? I know I can begin to condition the leather which will soften it a bit but can't see that being a permanent solution for her.

Thanks.
Old 10-02-16, 05:22 PM
Bdwg22
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are uncomfortable. The left side bolsters of the drivers seat dig into my hips and haven't found a comfortable adjustment. It's been a year and a half so I've gotten used to it.
Old 10-02-16, 05:59 PM
Y2HBK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bdwg22
They are uncomfortable. The left side bolsters of the drivers seat dig into my hips and haven't found a comfortable adjustment. It's been a year and a half so I've gotten used to it.
Well I'm sure she won't be very happy to hear that, but it's what I expected. I think she expected me to come up with a pulling a rabbit out of a hat solution.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 10-02-16, 06:07 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

This is a common initial reaction, myself included, where many of us have found the bolsters too intrusive in the thighs. See this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...fort-poll.html

If it's intolerable, add a small cushion. However, the good news is that it does soften up with more usage.
Old 10-02-16, 06:23 PM
batchelor
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Y2HBK
Hello all. Picked up our first Lexus, a 2016 NX f sport a few days ago. This was driven by the wife and we have had more than one test drive with them on a couple of occasions. Today, she came home from work complaining about the bucket seats digging into the sides of her leg and behind. I have no issue but have been used to bucket seats in several of my cars.

Anyone else with this issue on this model or others and possible suggestions? I know I can begin to condition the leather which will soften it a bit but can't see that being a permanent solution for her.

Thanks.
If it's an F Sport, the seats aren't leather and I don't think a leather conditioner will have any effect on the vinyl seats.
Old 10-03-16, 07:15 AM
kaka22
Driver School Candidate

I just received my F sport this weekend. It was "an adjustment" I had to make to get use to them. Nothing back. At first they hurt my back, but I leaned the seat a bit further down than I usually do and adjusted the lumbar support and it helped me. I have no complains about them now, except for when you initially get in the thigh support gets bent and will get worn out quicker over time than the rest of the seat.
Old 10-03-16, 08:53 AM
McM61
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before we bought the NX we test drove both trim levels. The wife wanted comfort and F sport seats were not comfortable. She like the looks of the F sport but we bought the non F sport because of the seats.
Old 10-03-16, 02:03 PM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

My wife complains about the headrest is not female friendly on the FSport because it is uncomfortable when she ties her hair.
Old 10-03-16, 03:52 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 225 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by aztr0
My wife complains about the headrest is not female friendly on the FSport because it is uncomfortable when she ties her hair.
Not sure if your wife is aware of this, but the headrest can be adjusted forward/back in addition to up/down. Just pull it forward and you'll here it click in place. Pull all the way forward to reset it back to the rearmost position.
Old 10-03-16, 08:27 PM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
Not sure if your wife is aware of this, but the headrest can be adjusted forward/back in addition to up/down. Just pull it forward and you'll here it click in place. Pull all the way forward to reset it back to the rearmost position.
Makes no difference. She prefers my RX headrest.
Old 10-14-16, 01:21 AM
acheuk
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The non f-sport seats are way more comfy to me and they are ventilated too. Don't miss the f-sport seats a bit!
The following users liked this post:
TorontoIS (05-10-17)
Old 05-08-17, 11:03 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

"We're taking my car on long trips, not the NX." my wife said after spending a half-hour in the F-Sport passenger seat that has no lumbar adjustment.

I agree that compared to any other car I've owned (I think this is #18), these seats are the least comfortable of all, and the seat adjustments of our new NX are getting an extreme workout as we try to find the most comfortable positioning. "Very firm" is something I've heard from more than one rider, and another said, "are these seats narrower than most?"

The first day I drove the car my back and right leg had some discomfort, but after two weeks (and lots of seat adjustments on the fly), the driver seat and I are beginning to come to somewhat of an agreement, but man, the seat bottom is firm!!

My wife is talking about getting a cushion of some sort to make it more comfortable for her on our fast approaching 700 mile drive, but I don't think she knows quite yet how the cushion will be used to make her more comfortable.

Any suggestions, anyone?
Old 05-09-17, 05:11 AM
jugdish
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

find a 200t being scrapped for parts or purchase the bottom seat of a 200t from Lexus or go to an automobile upholstery shop and see if they can take the sides down. Challenge will be getting it right without needing extra material. This is the main reason I didn't go with the F Sport. I'm not a big guy and my *** still didn't fit width wise in the seat.
Old 05-09-17, 07:50 AM
SteveDeech
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DampDuffer
"We're taking my car on long trips, not the NX." my wife said after spending a half-hour in the F-Sport passenger seat that has no lumbar adjustment.

I agree that compared to any other car I've owned (I think this is #18), these seats are the least comfortable of all, and the seat adjustments of our new NX are getting an extreme workout as we try to find the most comfortable positioning. "Very firm" is something I've heard from more than one rider, and another said, "are these seats narrower than most?"

The first day I drove the car my back and right leg had some discomfort, but after two weeks (and lots of seat adjustments on the fly), the driver seat and I are beginning to come to somewhat of an agreement, but man, the seat bottom is firm!!

My wife is talking about getting a cushion of some sort to make it more comfortable for her on our fast approaching 700 mile drive, but I don't think she knows quite yet how the cushion will be used to make her more comfortable.

Any suggestions, anyone?
The fsport seats are terrible. I love my seats which are the ventilated leather ones. Very comfortable. You have to realize the leather seat option is very expensive because you have to have the Luxury package.

Hopefully in time she will get use to it. Work with her to get the best positioning for her comfort.
Old 05-09-17, 10:15 AM
CrazyChino
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't have a problem with the Fsport seats... the only thing that bugs me the most is that how easy the front seats gets wrinkle and crease on the front edge where the bottom thigh rest I'm not a big guy I'm only 150 pounds and 5'7" lol

Quick Reply: 3 days in, wife decides she hates the seats