NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Lexus Premium Audio - Quick way to improve sound quality

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-16, 12:20 PM
jugdish
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Lexus Premium Audio - Quick way to improve sound quality

Wanted to post a quick note to those that find the Lexus Premium Audio system lacking in audio performance. I spent the past weekend switching out the front speakers to CDT audio 2" mid tweeters and the front and rear doors to JL audio coaxial's. Needless to say, I was still not thrilled with the sound. Unfortunately, Lexus has tweaked the DSP so much, that the 3 settings of Bass, Mid and Treble hardly make a difference. Well, after much research I found an app on iTunes that has mostly solved the issue. The app is called EQU and is a very customizable equalizer app that allowed me to tweak the mid-bass to take the "hollow" sound out of the system. The result is a much improved soundstage and warmer sounding fidelity. I also added a JL Audio sub powered by a JL mono-amp and unplugged that awful stock sub in the rear door. The difference in the low end is night and day.

I've attached a pic of the settings that drastically improved the sound... The only downside is that you need to stream the music via bluetooth from the app & you cannot switch between playlists via the Lexus interface. you can only change songs..
Attached Thumbnails Lexus Premium Audio  - Quick way to improve sound quality-pic.jpg  

Last edited by jugdish; 12-08-16 at 03:01 PM.