NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Would love everyone's input on NX 200t

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-17, 05:02 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,617 Likes on 1,031 Posts

I'm not an owner but had an NX loaner for a week after my '15 GS had a fight with a curb at 50 mph.

I actually had an absolute blast with the NX while I had it. I thought it was fun and really enjoyed the size. It's one of the few times I've had a loaner/rental where I enjoyed it for the full time I had it.

I just got my wife's Highlander back after it was rear ended. Two weeks in the shop. Wife has been driving my GS while I drove a rental 2017 Rogue and I wanted to Rip. My. Arm. Off. NX loaner, not so much.
Old 02-27-17, 08:22 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

dseag2, a couple of other points relative to my experience with the A4 since you can relate.

- The 10 speaker Premium Sound system in the NX is fairly good with decent clarity and rich bassy tones. It's not ML or B&O you have but not that far off, unlike the base sound system in the A4 which was very bad.

- The Infotainment/RTI Touchpad is both better and worse than the MMI w/Nav. If you recall from my posts in Audiworld, my pet peeve with the Infotainment was the Nav's lack of street names and I found moving around within and between menus was a little cumbersome rotating the ****, clicking left/right, etc. The character recognition though was nice. The NX touchpad with force feedback disabled is actually pretty slick once you get used to it after a few times, but some owners still don't like it. The nav maps are pretty nice and detailed. The rest of the interface is "nice" but no Android Auto or Apple Carplay integration can be a negative.
Old 02-27-17, 11:03 PM
Jimsathome
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We've had our NX for a few months now and my wife loves it. I only get to drive it on occasion, usually if we go out, and she has a glass of wine or two. (She never drives even after one drink. I have only one so she feels better if I drive.)

My nags on the NX are the infotainment system with the touch pad and **** are frustrating for the part time driver. They made the 60/40 split in the rear seats reversed to what it should be. The larger portion should be on the passenger side. The Front Passenger seat should go flat and it doesn't. We bought a (flat packed) cupboard from IKEA and due to the way the NX is configured, it went home with my wife while I had to wait for my son to come and pick me up. Our first go with the "utliity" in this SUV was a failure. I somehow thought Toyota would have been well past this faux pas.

Toyota / Lexus all have specific TMPS and it was a pain when I got winter rims & tires. (You can use 17 inch on all versions of the NX). Although the vendor said I wouldn't have to have them synchronised if I paid extra for the Lexus units, they don't work and the warning light comes on - even though the air pressure is fine. I still have to get that sorted.

The bottom line is would we buy it again. My wife certainly would, as she likes it better than our other finalist - a Subaru Forester with everything. Personally, I probably would have gone for the Subaru all dressed up.