NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Lexus NS200t brand new pulling to the right.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-17, 09:49 AM
risinglava
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus NS200t brand new pulling to the right.

Hi Lexus forum,

Has any owner of the NX200t have this issue where their vehicle pulls to the right when driving in the freeway? Just go on the freeway and find a flat lane usually the lane next to the carpool lane. Also make sure the lane goes straight. Let go of the steering wheel and see if the vehicle pulls to the right. I'm asking this because my vehicle pulls to the right.
I tried to bring it back to the dealer and they could not fix it and told me that the vehicle is within specs and there is nothing else that they can do. It seems like they just want me to go away and they do not want to deal with this situation.
Any ideas on what I can do or probably I got a lemon vehicle. I live in California. So what is the best way to approach this issue?

I have also contacted Lexus corporate and they told me there is nothing they can do either. So this just shows me how much Lexus cares about their customers.
Old 03-30-17, 10:20 AM
Age87
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I noticed this same thing earlier in the week. I checked my TPMS and they were all filled. Nor do I recall hopping up or off any large cubs thatd cause it.. I wondering what it could be.
Old 03-31-17, 03:47 AM
screen
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like an alignment issue.
Old 03-31-17, 05:59 AM
McM61
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try crosswitching the front tires.
Old 03-31-17, 06:10 AM
screen
Driver

Originally Posted by McM61
Is a brand new vehicle. SO cross switching might not really help.

I have had bad alignments in new vehicles before. Its a possibility, albeit a rare one.

The last 2 odyssey's I purchased came with bad alignments, where dealer claims nothing wrong. Honda tech drove it and claims everything is normal. Since a ticket was made for the issue at the dealership, saved the paperwork and took it to firestone. Got work done and took alignment report back to Honda and got my money back.

Honda always lack on the fit and finish part, so I expect crap like this from Honda.

I wouldn't expect this from lexus.

On second thoughts it could just be a bad tire
Old 03-31-17, 06:16 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 658 Likes on 492 Posts

Highways are built to dispel water, so not flat. Find a two lane road (with no one on it) and drive a short distance in the oncoming lane. If your NX still pulls to the right, you have an issue.
The following users liked this post:
LexNYC83 (03-15-20)
Old 03-31-17, 09:22 AM
risinglava
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by screen
Sounds like an alignment issue.
Thanks for the reply. Dealer has done alignment on the vehicle twice already and that didn't help at all.
Old 03-31-17, 09:22 AM
risinglava
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by McM61
Thanks for the reply. Dealer has also cross switched the tires but that did not help either.
Old 03-31-17, 09:25 AM
risinglava
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mike728
Highways are built to dispel water, so not flat. Find a two lane road (with no one on it) and drive a short distance in the oncoming lane. If your NX still pulls to the right, you have an issue.
Thanks for the reply Mike. This sounds like a good idea however we do not have many empty 2 lane roads in California which are straight and the road does not crown. If anyone knows of a road near the bay area which is empty most of the time to do this, feel free to send me the info.
I do not want to cause an accident by driving in the opposite direction in case a random car comes along.
Old 03-31-17, 02:34 PM
kukudm
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm not sure if a freeway test is representative. Most freeways are slightly "slanted to the outer side" due to the need to channel off heavy rain. If you can only test it on freeway, maybe get another car that you're sure the alignment & tire balance are perfect, then test it on the same section of the same freeway, to see how that car behaves.

Also check to see if you lost any wheel weights within any of the wheels. If you have a wheel that doesn't have any wheel weights, chances are that your wheel balance is off on that one. I have a sports car that would wander left and right on freeway speeds, and I paid a very famous racing shop to perform a good alignment, but it would still do that on freeway. Finally I found out that I lost all the wheel weights in my front wheels. I re-balanced the wheels with new wheel weights and the car drives perfect again.
Old 03-31-17, 07:50 PM
McM61
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would think if it had no wheel weights that the vehicle would have a shimmy problem at freeway speeds. It just drifting to the right. I think your fighting a tire. Be nice to see your alignment print out from Lexus
Old 04-01-17, 07:12 PM
nickage87
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the same issue. I went to service, drove with their technician and he confirmed that there was slight misalignment. They did aliment free of charge for me.
Old 01-04-18, 02:41 PM
kpsapru
Driver School Candidate

Hey! I am facing the same issue. Any updates on this?
Old 01-04-18, 02:50 PM
nickage87
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kpsapru
Hey! I am facing the same issue. Any updates on this?
It is better after alignment, but Lexus said they come from the factory not perfectly aligned and that this is normal for a vehicle to pull slightly to one side.
Old 01-08-18, 07:55 AM
UNC1334
Driver

I just picked up a 2017 and mine is doing the same thing. Taking it in tomorrow to be fixed.

Quick Reply: Lexus NS200t brand new pulling to the right.