NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Refreshed 2018 Lexus NX

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-17, 05:10 AM
LNXT200
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

NX300 ? what happens with the 200T? is there any change in the Engine? or HP? I like everything on the new one, but would love to see a flat steering wheel at the bottom.
Old 04-19-17, 05:54 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar

Kinda weird to change the NX200t to NX300 without any changes in output for the engine. I hate it when the number behind the model name doesn't mean anything..
Actually, the number may well have some meaning. It looks like Lexus may be moving toward naming/numbering their turbo engine models in a manner similar to what they have been doing with hybrid models.

With the hybrid models, the number in a model name has been based on some sort of estimate of what size non-turbo gas engine would provide a similar amount of power/performance as the hybrid engine in that particular model. It appears that, for turbo powered models, they may be starting to do the same thing.

For me, it is the features upgrades, not the appearance-related ones that excite me the most about the mid-cycle NX re-fresh. For a while, I've been thinking about replacing my GX with a smaller and more fuel-efficient AWD SUV, and I had thought that the NX might fit the bill, but I've found it next to impossible to find an NX equipped the way that I want it to be equipped.

Moving to a 2017 NX, for me, would have meant not being able to have features/options that I have on my 2017 ES and even ones that I have on my 12 year old GX. Besides missing convenience and technology options, I've found it difficult to understand why Lexus has chosen to make virtually no 2015-2017 NX vehicles with the Lexus Safety System, including the PCS and LDA. Not only have those features become standard on most other Lexus models, but they are even standard on the Toyota RAV4 priced at $10,000 to $12,000 less than an NX.

So, the features upgrades, including the safety systems, are what might well be what puts the NX back into the running for me as a replacement for my GX.
Old 04-19-17, 06:31 AM
screen
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmmm. I believe the PCS and LDA are available on the NX, but PCS only on the ones equipped with NAV
Lexus safety system is certainly not available on the NX
Old 04-19-17, 06:38 AM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TorontoIS
I wonder whether or not North America will get the NX with these new features and changes.
Judging from the history... no. U.S. will probably get some watered down features. Ex: no vent seats, no AVS, no mark levinson option etc... lol

Last edited by aztr0; 04-19-17 at 06:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
zkl2003 (04-19-17)
Old 04-19-17, 06:39 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by screen
Hmmm. I believe the PCS and LDA are available on the NX, but PCS only on the ones equipped with NAV
Lexus safety system is certainly not available on the NX
Yes, the PCS is supposedly available on the 2017 NX, but finding an NX that actually has it is virtually impossible. For the last 4 months, I've regularly been checking the inventories of every Lexus dealer within 200 miles of me. During that time, I've found one PCS-equipped NX at one of those dealers, and it was in a color that was not acceptable to me. Similarly, it is virtually impossible to find an NX with the Luxury Package, even though it is supposedly available. The reality is that Lexus has been building and shipping virtually no NXs with the Luxury Package and/or with the Lexus Safety System.
Old 04-19-17, 08:15 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
Yes, the PCS is supposedly available on the 2017 NX, but finding an NX that actually has it is virtually impossible. For the last 4 months, I've regularly been checking the inventories of every Lexus dealer within 200 miles of me. During that time, I've found one PCS-equipped NX at one of those dealers, and it was in a color that was not acceptable to me. Similarly, it is virtually impossible to find an NX with the Luxury Package, even though it is supposedly available. The reality is that Lexus has been building and shipping virtually no NXs with the Luxury Package and/or with the Lexus Safety System.
Why can't you just order one? That can't be done neither?
Old 04-19-17, 08:33 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I honestly think Lexus should make the premium headlights standard across all models. It is a defining feature for the brand IMO, similar to BMW's halos and Acura's jewel LEDs.
The following 2 users liked this post by yardie876:
TechNut (04-19-17), TorontoIS (04-19-17)
Old 04-19-17, 08:40 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
I honestly think Lexus should make the premium headlights standard across all models. It is a defining feature for the brand IMO, similar to BMW's halos and Acura's jewel LEDs.
I TOTALLY agree. Why cheapen out on us? make them all standard will also lower the cost.
Old 04-19-17, 09:27 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
Why can't you just order one? That can't be done neither?
Sure I could order one, but, before I buy a car, I want to have a chance to drive it, carefully examine it to make sure that there was no transit damage, make sure that there are not production faults, etc. Further, when you custom order a car, you can expect to end up with discounts from MSRP that are only a fraction of what they would be if you bought a car out of a dealer's inventory because hold backs and other direct incentives from Lexus to dealers only apply to cars in the dealer's inventory. Also, I have no interest in buying a car now and having to wait 4 months to get it if, for no other reason, I would be buying a car that is several months further into the model year and one for which pricing would be likely somewhat lower at the time of delivery than it would be at the time when I ordered it.

For me, the bottom line is that there are plenty of vehicle choices out there. If I would have to special order a Lexus vehicle to get the one I want, I'd prefer to look elsewhere to buy a new vehicle from a dealer's inventory from a different manufacturer. There are lots of things about the NX that appeal to me, but the car's appeal isn't so great that I would be willing to jump through hoops to get one equipped the way that I want it to be equipped.
Old 04-19-17, 11:10 AM
jdt
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The rear looks a lot better with the stretched tail lights. The bigger display is also a plus. Not too sure about the button layout on the centre console though....I prefer the current model's layout. The headlights look great but I still think the current triple beam LED lights look fantastic as well. The side grills on the front bumper definitely add more sportiness and aggression to the front as well....but I still prefer the cleaner look on the current f-fsport model. Overall, the refresh looks great.....just wish they changed the wheel size and made it at least 19 inches.
Old 04-19-17, 11:11 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

It also appears that the grill logo is illuminated—just like Mercedes has. Cool.
Old 04-19-17, 11:31 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by RXSF
...the new horizontal slat spindle grill is a HUGE upgrade over the current beak
It appears that is only on the hybrid model.
Old 04-19-17, 11:32 AM
NXOwner
Racer

I'm curious as to what the front looks like on a non-F-Sport/non-Hybrid model.
Old 04-19-17, 11:43 AM
screen
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Current generation there is no difference in the appearance of the vehicle between the nx200t and nx300h

I'd assume lexus will follow the same
Old 04-19-17, 12:37 PM
CrazyChino
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I wonder if the ac controls and rear black lower bumper valence and exhaust tips and tailights will be interchangeable with the current nx f sport

ideas are already flying in my head if it does. Lol

Quick Reply: Refreshed 2018 Lexus NX