NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Refreshed 2018 Lexus NX

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-17, 01:05 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by screen
Current generation there is no difference in the appearance of the vehicle between the nx200t and nx300h

I'd assume lexus will follow the same
The rear fascia is different in the current models.
Old 04-19-17, 05:22 PM
zkl2003
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by batchelor
Great video, definitely like the turn signal LED's on the front!
The only problem I am worry about is it might not come to U.S market! The RX turning light should be like that too, but they took it off in U.S! Hope it comes with all the feature that it should.
Old 04-19-17, 05:25 PM
zkl2003
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by aztr0
Judging from the history... no. U.S. will probably get some watered down features. Ex: no vent seats, no AVS, no mark levinson option etc... lol
That is so true! U.S version is so different. such as the IS triple LED light didn't come, and as well as the RX turning light are different than other country and so on....
Old 04-19-17, 07:06 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

Things I've heard/seen so far and am hoping for:

New triple lights for the nx (offered on the IS but not in North America)

pano view monitor (saw a photo of the interior with a pano view button

larger and more intuitive and new navi and screen (hopefully it's a bit better like on the new LC)

Lexus safety system ( nice that it is standard, does it come with intelligence clearance sonar?)

kick the rear bumper to open/close trunk (they have this on the rav4 so its a no brainer it should be on a luxury vehicle)
Old 04-19-17, 07:31 PM
batchelor
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I like what I see here, more evolution than revolution. A lot of the features are available on the top end models in Canada, but some nice convenience features, interior updates and potential exterior changes. Not enough to have me lusting, but I like the direction they are going. Perhaps the next evolution will occur when I am ready to trade in or update.
Old 04-19-17, 09:23 PM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

Well this is all pretty good news...nothing about it other than maybe the bigger nav screen and maybe some of the sound deadening/nvh stuff is making me wish I had a 2018 over my Canadian 2016 F Sport 3 which already is fairly loaded.
Old 04-19-17, 09:28 PM
CebsJr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
Bigger screen, better noise control, avs, better tuned...I like it....

this is trouble...

*Wipes sweat from forehead* this is trouble indeed my friend....
Old 04-19-17, 09:35 PM
CebsJr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by no1SomeGuy
Well this is all pretty good news...nothing about it other than maybe the bigger nav screen and maybe some of the sound deadening/nvh stuff is making me wish I had a 2018 over my Canadian 2016 F Sport 3 which already is fairly loaded.

I agree. I have the Series 2, 2016 and I'm very happy with it. Maybe the lights, depending on how well they work. But that's a stretch, it'll be hard to beat those amazing triple beam LEDs.
Old 04-19-17, 10:06 PM
cFoo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
I TOTALLY agree. Why cheapen out on us? make them all standard will also lower the cost.
Because the marketing department in NA are all recycled ex GM, Ford marketers with the same mindsets of roadmaping features by limiting them and releasing one each year by playing with the packaging instead of allowing customers options. This is why Porsche is making a killing. Porsche profit on a car is 100x that of these other stupid marketers because they make all the money on accessories and options.
Old 04-19-17, 10:10 PM
cFoo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CebsJr
*Wipes sweat from forehead* this is trouble indeed my friend....
+1

We've been looking to replace our 1G RDX. Thankfully Acura kept killing themselves with boring crap so we've been holding out. The last NX was just too cheap and unpolished. This refresh hit the spot.
Old 04-20-17, 05:22 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

What I don't understand is the interior shot shows the F sport logo on the steering wheel but the gauges are analog and not the F sport gauges. Am I looking at this wrong? So is that interior shot with the analog gauges a non F sport model or is that the F sport interior?
Old 04-20-17, 06:36 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
What I don't understand is the interior shot shows the F sport logo on the steering wheel but the gauges are analog and not the F sport gauges. Am I looking at this wrong? So is that interior shot with the analog gauges a non F sport model or is that the F sport interior?
The NX F Sport never got the digital F Sport for some reason.
Old 04-20-17, 10:12 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TorontoIS
I wonder whether or not North America will get the NX with these new features and changes.
That is the question. And if we do get all the goodies this time around, how much more will it cost us.

As for me, it's too little to late. As nice of an upgrade that is, my heart now belongs to the Range Rover Velar.

Last edited by tresmith00; 04-21-17 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-21-17, 02:12 PM
jimbug
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tresmith00
As nice of an upgrade that is, my heart now belongs to the Range Rover Velar.
Wow! $60K for one with the features on my $32k CPO 2015 NX200t! Love the look of Range Rovers, but I have too many friends with them that complain about very expensive maintenance. To be honest when I bought my first Lexus RX300 eight years ago for my daughter, I thought that I was headed down an expensive road due to maintenance expenses. I guess I discovered that was a wrong perception of a luxury vehicle, and Range Rover may be less expensive to maintain than I realize.
Old 04-21-17, 05:36 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbug
Wow! $60K for one with the features on my $32k CPO 2015 NX200t! Love the look of Range Rovers, but I have too many friends with them that complain about very expensive maintenance. To be honest when I bought my first Lexus RX300 eight years ago for my daughter, I thought that I was headed down an expensive road due to maintenance expenses. I guess I discovered that was a wrong perception of a luxury vehicle, and Range Rover may be less expensive to maintain than I realize.
lol. Everyone I know who has a Range Rover loves them but only if you lease them. They would NEVER buy.

Quick Reply: Refreshed 2018 Lexus NX