NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Refreshed 2018 Lexus NX

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-17, 06:01 AM
Tmymck
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Torii
look at new rav4...that will tell you much info.
I traded my 2017 RAV4 Limited for a 2015 NX F Sport. I loved the RAV but felt like I was driving a girl car the more I drove it. It had all the safety features on it. Loved the active cruise.
Old 05-13-17, 02:50 PM
dentate
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For me, a Lexus must have the Mark Levinson sound system. I can see the name on the centre area on the show car. ML has always been available but for some reason (price point I was told) Lexus chose to not offer it. I know even on RX's, USA customers rarely order it but all of my Lexus vehicles have had it since 2006. The redesigned Audi Q5 has a wonderful Bang & Olufsen sound system available. So there is good competiton for the NX if Lexus chooses to not offer it. It will be a determining factor for me to purchase one. As well, someone at Lexus Canada HQ has determined that Canadians only desire black interiors, which I hate...they are simply too dark and too hot ( I am a snowbird and winter in Florida) They do offer a saddle brown that has brown seats and armrests and the rest is black with the exception of the headliner, which is another different colour....wow 3 colours in the interior -- Barnum and Bailey here i come!

The new larger navi display seems on first glance a radical departure from the current display with much smaller fonts and is almost a carbon copy to what is offered in the new Q5...In Lexus models from 2010 onwards, navigation went to split screen displaying upcoming (major) highway exits along with rest stops and those were offered in km/miles and minutes til arrival... I test drove a 2017 RX ( the 2016 had it though) a couple of days ago and was unable to activate that feature...and wonder if it will be offered on the new NX --if not, it is a huge take away in my book.

Lexus, wake up...if Audi, BMW and Mercedes can flog different coloured interiors (beige, grey) as well as upgraded sound systems, why can't you? By the way, USA customers are offered much more choice of interior colours than Canadians are --not to mention Enform --yes Audi has the Audi connect system. It costs zero dollars more to Lexus to offer us the same interior choices. Neither BMW nor Mercedes are on my shopping list....but Audi is garnering a close look. I would prefer to stay with the brand I know but Lexus Canada, could make that an easy decision for me. I have had 6 Lexus vehicles since 2004 so I think that qualifies me as a somewhat loyal customer. Lexus, are you listening to what people want or are you just going to offer us what you think we should have?

dentate
Oshawa, ON and
Port Charlotte, FL
Old 05-13-17, 06:41 PM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

Dunno what you're talking about...there's saddle tan leather and rioja red as well as black available in Canada. The red is beautiful.
Old 05-14-17, 05:14 AM
dentate
Driver

What I am talking about is the non F-Sport model, which i would never ever remotely consider because of the more narrowly-contoured seat, harsher ride and more polarized exterior styling - but thats just me. Only F-Sport gets Rioja Red, the non F-Sport is offered with black everywhere inside with the exception of the headliner or saddle tan as i mentioned on the seats, armrest and a third colour on the headliner. I am simply not interested in a 90% or a 75% black interior. Even your Rioja Red is 75% black inside. They manage of offer the NX in the USA with at least the Creme leather interior that not only has creme coloured seats and panel insert on the door but as well some creme bits on the instrument panel but i cannot speak to the colour of the headliner. Even on the Rioja red or with the saddle tan - only the actual seat face is the alternative colour with many areas including the rear centre armrest being black - which is what i am would like to avoid. I hope I clarified that for the poster above. It is possible to maintain a lighter coloured interior in pristine condition but i will admit it does take a bit of work.

dentate
Oshawa, ON and
Port Charlotte, FL
Old 05-14-17, 07:22 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 716 Likes on 524 Posts

Just for reference, here is a photo of the inside of our Creme interior. It still has a great deal of black, but the seats are mostly creme, as is the headliner. The door panels are about 50/50 black/creme. The combination is very tasteful and we enjoy it. I do agree with your opinion on the all-black interiors. My wife and I dislike that color and find it much harder to keep looking clean than previous lighter or parchment interiors. Our ES is the first black interior that we ever had. We dislike it so much that we actually considerd eating the first year depreciation and replacing it after just one year. Unfortunately, my wife did not like the chocolate brown trim they have gone to starting with the 2016 model year so we stayed put.

Creme NX interior
The following users liked this post:
TorontoIS (05-17-17)
Old 05-14-17, 04:17 PM
dentate
Driver

Thanks Doug for that great pic....Now, if Lexus Canada would only step up to the plate and allow that as one of the colour choices for us, i would pair it with Matador just as you did. Am I correct, when i believe that your headliner is also the same creme colour?

Thanks

dentate Oshawa, ON &
Port Charlotte, FL
Old 05-14-17, 04:24 PM
dentate
Driver

Doug
I also noticed after i posted that yours has the navigation. Tell me when you go on the interstate highways, does your Nav go to split screen and display the upcoming highway exit info or can it be programmed to do that? I am coming from a series of RX's and they have all done that since 2010 --even my 2012 IS350 convertible did it.

Thanks,
dentate Oshawa, ON &
Port Charlotte, FL
Old 05-15-17, 09:21 AM
batchelor
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Mine does exactly what you have described automatically.
Old 05-15-17, 05:59 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 716 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by dentate
I also noticed after i posted that yours has the navigation. Tell me when you go on the interstate highways, does your Nav go to split screen and display the upcoming highway exit info or can it be programmed to do that?
Yes, that is correct. Also, the headliner is the same creme color. That was actually what I meant to illustrate with the photo. And yes, it's a great combo with the Matador Red Mica.
Old 07-07-17, 11:20 AM
abhishek12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have an idea when it's going to be on sale?
Old 07-08-17, 04:04 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Toymom
I've mentioned I work for Toyota/Lexus. In our system where we order our lease vehicles (on hold till September) is the catalog for the 2018 NX models. I was looking at it and while there are no prices yet, I noticed that on the 2018 NX 300 you can get a riojah red interior on the non-sport models now. I liked the white/red combo but it was previously only available on the sport model. The flaxen (tan) interior is now called glazed caramel. No new exterior colors.
rioja red is an option on non f-sport models? i hope they do that across the lineup if this is true
Old 07-08-17, 05:46 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,119 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by dentate
What I am talking about is the non F-Sport model, which i would never ever remotely consider because of the more narrowly-contoured seat, harsher ride and more polarized exterior styling - but thats just me. Only F-Sport gets Rioja Red, the non F-Sport is offered with black everywhere inside with the exception of the headliner or saddle tan as i mentioned on the seats, armrest and a third colour on the headliner. I am simply not interested in a 90% or a 75% black interior. Even your Rioja Red is 75% black inside. They manage of offer the NX in the USA with at least the Creme leather interior that not only has creme coloured seats and panel insert on the door but as well some creme bits on the instrument panel but i cannot speak to the colour of the headliner. Even on the Rioja red or with the saddle tan - only the actual seat face is the alternative colour with many areas including the rear centre armrest being black - which is what i am would like to avoid. I hope I clarified that for the poster above. It is possible to maintain a lighter coloured interior in pristine condition but i will admit it does take a bit of work.

dentate
Oshawa, ON and
Port Charlotte, FL
Could not agree with you more about the two tone dark interior. Lexus must realize like the exterior, some buyers want light color exteriors and interiors. This pic is not parchment interior. At least 60% of the interior is black.
Attached Thumbnails Refreshed 2018 Lexus NX-img_0074_61bb0abe5776eca8d63c4a1f6afffff1722171ce.png  
Old 07-08-17, 06:24 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Originally Posted by Freds430
Could not agree with you more about the two tone dark interior. Lexus must realize like the exterior, some buyers want light color exteriors and interiors. This pic is not parchment interior. At least 60% of the interior is black.
that's cheateau interior color
Old 07-08-17, 06:25 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

It looks like it. There wasn't anything in the catalog for the 2018 RX or IS models yet.
could you possibly share a pic of the rioja red on the non f sport in the catalog? it seems really exciting to hear!! even if you have to blur our certain things if you don't mind
Old 07-09-17, 06:16 AM
trailhiker
Driver School Candidate

Sorry no pics, it's call a Vehicle Catalog Report and it's just text. Another change I see is they are offering a Power Back Door w/Kick Sensor.
Is the power door with kick sensor an optional add on or standard on the 18 hybrid?

Quick Reply: Refreshed 2018 Lexus NX