2017 NX200t F sport Triple Beam Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-17, 05:52 PM
samirm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 NX200t F sport Triple Beam Headlights

Hi,
I have a 2017 Lexus NX200t F sport with LED halogen lights and I separately ordered the triple beam headlights, I was just wondering is it possible for the dealer to install them without any problems or what advice do you all suggest
Thank you
Old 10-03-17, 04:03 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 716 Likes on 524 Posts

I would think the dealer could handle that but they might squawk a bit as they may not have a nice code telling them how many hours of labor to assign it when estimating the cost for you. However they are probably more likely to have the proper aiming equipment/procedures for the new lights. You may want to find out who your dealer recommends for collision repairs and get an estimate from them? They are likely going to be more flexible with something like this that the dealer will see as a "mod".

As as an aside, we have really enjoyed our triple LED headlights, one of the features that pulled us over the top when making our last purchase decision. There is some debate as to the distance of the throw from LED lighting in general, but we love ours and rarely hit the road with it anyway. We would have kept the RX if we did more highway driving, but we honestly felt the LEDs put out more light than the previous HIDs on the RX. And we were really on the fence until we took a test drive at night in the NX.
The following users liked this post:
samirm (10-03-17)
Old 10-03-17, 08:43 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I believe there's a thread where someone did that. It seemed to be a pain and there was some issue still. I want to say some error message kept popping up.
The following users liked this post:
samirm (10-03-17)
Old 10-03-17, 09:24 AM
samirm
Driver School Candidate

thank you both! the dealer just said they would try working on it today so lets see
Old 10-03-17, 11:52 AM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

The answer to your question is in your other thread on this same subject.
Old 10-03-17, 11:59 AM
samirm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ward6096
I would think the dealer could handle that but they might squawk a bit as they may not have a nice code telling them how many hours of labor to assign it when estimating the cost for you. However they are probably more likely to have the proper aiming equipment/procedures for the new lights. You may want to find out who your dealer recommends for collision repairs and get an estimate from them? They are likely going to be more flexible with something like this that the dealer will see as a "mod".

As as an aside, we have really enjoyed our triple LED headlights, one of the features that pulled us over the top when making our last purchase decision. There is some debate as to the distance of the throw from LED lighting in general, but we love ours and rarely hit the road with it anyway. We would have kept the RX if we did more highway driving, but we honestly felt the LEDs put out more light than the previous HIDs on the RX. And we were really on the fence until we took a test drive at night in the NX.
The dealer said they'd try working on it so lets see!
Old 10-03-17, 12:00 PM
samirm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by olgzr
The answer to your question is in your other thread on this same subject.
Old 10-03-17, 12:01 PM
samirm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by typocl
I believe there's a thread where someone did that. It seemed to be a pain and there was some issue still. I want to say some error message kept popping up.
Old 10-04-17, 11:04 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 225 Likes on 179 Posts

Good luck...someone else on this forum tried to make the conversion at the dealer and the dealer couldn't do it without having an error message on the dash. The person reverted back to stock.
Old 10-04-17, 06:11 PM
Floorance
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by samirm
Why ask a forum about your issue just to ignore the advice? It's been proven not to work as a "Plug and Play" type modification yet you keep responding with "the dealer said". Dealers say alot of things, I'm sure they are more than capable of completely retrofitting for $$$$. But if it was as simple as buying a set of triple LED headlamps and plug and play install it is not, or you would have already done so and so would alot of other members on this forum (not just for NX, but GX etc). I'm sure this is a case of buyers remorse, buying something without knowing it can even be done.
Old 10-05-17, 08:15 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Floorance
Why ask a forum about your issue just to ignore the advice? It's been proven not to work as a "Plug and Play" type modification yet you keep responding with "the dealer said". Dealers say alot of things, I'm sure they are more than capable of completely retrofitting for $$$$. But if it was as simple as buying a set of triple LED headlamps and plug and play install it is not, or you would have already done so and so would alot of other members on this forum (not just for NX, but GX etc). I'm sure this is a case of buyers remorse, buying something without knowing it can even be done.
Because it's ALWAYS best to get multiple opinions. Not everyone that responds on a forum like this is right (or even knowledgeable), so sometimes you agree sometimes you don't. You try to weed out what you can, based on personal experience or other responses, but you almost always get different perspectives. That's the purpose of these things, isn't it?
Old 10-05-17, 09:32 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 716 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Because it's ALWAYS best to get multiple opinions. Not everyone that responds on a forum like this is right (or even knowledgeable), so sometimes you agree sometimes you don't. You try to weed out what you can, based on personal experience or other responses, but you almost always get different perspectives. That's the purpose of these things, isn't it?
I agree with Woodrow. After all, isn't the purpose of a discussion forum to ... discuss? I don't take it personally if my advice isn't taken and will fully admit that I am sometimes mistaken or just don't understand the issue. I am not a mechanic and do not consider my comments to be "expert" but rather just participating in the discussion from a perspective of opinion or past experience.
Old 10-05-17, 04:53 PM
Floorance
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ward6096
I agree with Woodrow. After all, isn't the purpose of a discussion forum to ... discuss? I don't take it personally if my advice isn't taken and will fully admit that I am sometimes mistaken or just don't understand the issue. I am not a mechanic and do not consider my comments to be "expert" but rather just participating in the discussion from a perspective of opinion or past experience.
I can understand what you two are saying, in the spirit of a forum and an open discussion, however I can agree to disagree on your opinion. The OP asked if the dealer could do it, was it easy and any advice people can suggest. The OP was given answers by others which are pretty clear that its not a simple install, and even pointed to those threads where he could find his answers, that it would cost an arm and a leg if possible. Those who tried have via plug and play as well got errors and issues. If the OP truly wanted to discuss how it could be done, he should phrase it that way. I'm all for searching for answers and helping the OP. However with the multiple responses from the OP in the same fashion the response is actually a disregard of everyone's advice and solutions. If you were just going to ask the dealer anyways as I said earlier "why ask a forum just to ignore the advice?"
Old 09-29-18, 11:21 AM
fredw1
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Floorance
I can understand what you two are saying, in the spirit of a forum and an open discussion, however I can agree to disagree on your opinion. The OP asked if the dealer could do it, was it easy and any advice people can suggest. The OP was given answers by others which are pretty clear that its not a simple install, and even pointed to those threads where he could find his answers, that it would cost an arm and a leg if possible. Those who tried have via plug and play as well got errors and issues. If the OP truly wanted to discuss how it could be done, he should phrase it that way. I'm all for searching for answers and helping the OP. However with the multiple responses from the OP in the same fashion the response is actually a disregard of everyone's advice and solutions. If you were just going to ask the dealer anyways as I said earlier "why ask a forum just to ignore the advice?"
I don't view this as ignoring advice. It's simply getting multiple opinions. Not every bit of "advice" in these forums is useful. Often, it's based on experience and specific set of circumstances, which may be different for different people. Some people need more opinions or reassurance than others.
Old 10-17-18, 09:07 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 769 Likes on 479 Posts

I would imagine some type of coding would need to be set via techstream to make the headlights work properly. Do the stock single projector lens act like the AFS lights? If no, then I could imagine you'd need steering sensor, harness, and all associated parts that the triple beam headlights do.

When I did a projector retrofit on our mercedes I needed to code the car using STAR (mercedes software) in order to properly tell the car that it had bi-xenons instead of normal halogen headlights. Without doing that they would flicker and throw codes. After doing that it looks and acts like stock.

-Nigel

Quick Reply: 2017 NX200t F sport Triple Beam Headlights