NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

10 speakers sound system

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-17, 12:00 PM
TonySpark
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 10 speakers sound system

hey guys, I'm new to this channel and yeah..i just bought a 2017 nx luxury and that 10 speakers system is hum kinda horrible..looks like the subwoofer is way lacking in power (for low frequencies) and front door speakers are way too ''boomy''. I'm guessing the amp is lacking power (if it has one ??) and I feel like the rear door speakers are weak too. I didn't expect a sound system so disappointing for this amount of money.

Any suggestions ? Thanks !
Old 11-16-17, 01:34 PM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

add a sub.
Old 11-19-17, 11:17 AM
MissEllie
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus definitely dropped the ball on the NX sound system. My old RX and ES with the premium sound is much better. There is a thread in the NX forum where someone upgraded their entire system, check it out.
Old 11-19-17, 11:59 AM
JLEXNX
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeh I had the same problem with my nx’s 10 speaker system. So I had my two front doors and tailgate (soon back two doors) sound deadened and added a AudioControl lc2i to help with bass roll off (I was getting it around 50 to 51?) and a Rockford Fosgate P300-10 powered subwoofer. And wow what a difference, the two subs the pioneer 8 inch oem and the RF 10 inch together make the system sound like it should have.
Old 11-21-17, 03:06 PM
dentate
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lexus offers Mark Levinson sound system at least in Canada on every one of their vehicles save for the CT and the NX. I have always ordered it on my RX and to my ears, it is wonderful. One thing that is holding me back from ordering an NX is the lack of an ML offering (that and only available in black interior save for the F sport where the seats are much too narrow for me) as i consider the 10 speaker sound system just ok. I keep telling my dealer about this and I am constantly told it is a price point argument and Lexus wants to target their top of the line NX at a certain price to stay competitive with other similar vehicles. ML has been developped even for the redesigned 2018 as was evident on the initial video offered on here. It is strange for Lexus to hold firm on that as a similar-sized Audi Q5 seems to have no difficulty charging more for their Bang and Olufsen system. In my humble opinion, the Audi is also better looking. One of the issues is I have found from my time in FL that very few American customers will opt for the additional charge for ML but to those folks I say, give it a listen. I have been a steady Lexus buyer since 2004 but find the seats on the new RX are very uncomfortable and are quite unsupportive for me....so Audi is garnering a close look with good seats, great styling and an available B & O sound system. Lexus, are you listening to a 17 year customer?

dentate,
Oshawa, ON and Port Charlotte FL.
Old 01-03-18, 10:28 AM
TonySpark
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JLEXNX
Yeh I had the same problem with my nx’s 10 speaker system. So I had my two front doors and tailgate (soon back two doors) sound deadened and added a AudioControl lc2i to help with bass roll off (I was getting it around 50 to 51?) and a Rockford Fosgate P300-10 powered subwoofer. And wow what a difference, the two subs the pioneer 8 inch oem and the RF 10 inch together make the system sound like it should have.
Sounds nice ! Where did you get your signal from for your line out converter ?
Old 01-03-18, 01:06 PM
Calikicker
Driver School Candidate

Default Better sound with stock speakers

So I was also disappointed with the speakers in my 2018 nx 300h. I was very close to changing out the speakers but am in a bit of hurt from many other things done to the nx. I really sat down and played with the stock eq and balancer on the car as well as the eq on my galaxy note 8 (poweramp app highly recommended). I played around with many combinations between the car's eq and the eq on my note 8. A newer phone with newer Bluetooth tech helps with audio quality over Bluetooth as well.

So here's the formula that is working great for me. I keep volume on my phone maxed out and set the eq to flat. I set the bass up slightly and leave treble at 0. As for the car eq, I lower everything, having bass lowered slightly even more so. The biggest help is to also fade some of theusic more towards the front so the sub doesn't get overworked. Here are pictures to better get an idea. My friend even thought I got a system in my car. Hope this helps

Forgot to mention I play music with volumes played at high 40's and maxing out at low 50's on these settings. I like my music LOUD

Last edited by Calikicker; 01-03-18 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Update
Old 01-03-18, 09:19 PM
ramses974
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

where do you see the 8 inch oem pioneer in the NX ? can you make a pic to see them please , it seems that it is very different from the first gen lexus NX where the subwoofer was in the trunk and not good
Old 02-11-18, 06:25 AM
highvoltag
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys,

New to this forum. I have a little over a week left to pick up my LCertified 2015. Anyway, I currently have a CT200h that I installed a PPI amp and a sundown audio 10” sub. I installed this to be 100% stealth.

I want ant to do this same with the NX after I pick it up. I am assuming there is an amp with inputs to it near the sub in the hatch. Has anyone else done this and has pictures?

fyi, I know I have to build a new fiberglass enclosure.
Old 02-11-18, 12:16 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by dentate
I have been a steady Lexus buyer since 2004 but find the seats on the new RX are very uncomfortable and are quite unsupportive for me....so Audi is garnering a close look with good seats, great styling and an available B & O sound system. Lexus, are you listening to a 17 year customer?
Lexus has had several press releases and interviews at auto shows that freely state they are courting a younger audience. It is very possible that younger audience doesn’t have the same disposable income as the older audience that has been a fan of Lexus in the past so the premium audio systems may not sell as well in that market. They probably have skinnier butts too so perhaps the seats fit them better. Just speculating here...
Old 02-11-18, 01:25 PM
highvoltag
Driver School Candidate

The issue with that though process is, younger people are the ones that will upgrade the system if they feel it doesn’t sound as good as expected. The older folks are hard of hearing, so wasting money on putting a great sounding system in a LX or GX is ignorant.
Old 02-13-18, 09:02 PM
ravim
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks!
I will try this out. I was wondering what the best config should be between my phone’s eq and the car’s.

Originally Posted by Calikicker
So I was also disappointed with the speakers in my 2018 nx 300h. I was very close to changing out the speakers but am in a bit of hurt from many other things done to the nx. I really sat down and played with the stock eq and balancer on the car as well as the eq on my galaxy note 8 (poweramp app highly recommended). I played around with many combinations between the car's eq and the eq on my note 8. A newer phone with newer Bluetooth tech helps with audio quality over Bluetooth as well.

So here's the formula that is working great for me. I keep volume on my phone maxed out and set the eq to flat. I set the bass up slightly and leave treble at 0. As for the car eq, I lower everything, having bass lowered slightly even more so. The biggest help is to also fade some of theusic more towards the front so the sub doesn't get overworked. Here are pictures to better get an idea. My friend even thought I got a system in my car. Hope this help

Forgot to mention I play music with volumes played at high 40's and maxing out at low 50's on these settings. I like my music LOUD

Old 02-14-18, 05:14 AM
Eduskator
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm guessing the subwoofer is not adjustable independently? Personally, I like bass in speakers at 0 and sub a little higher. The sound system in my IS250 2011 premium was awesome and it wasn't even the ML. Guess they cut in the quality somewhere since.
Old 02-19-18, 10:34 AM
Calikicker
Driver School Candidate

Default How are the settings for you

Originally Posted by ravim

Thanks!
I will try this out. I was wondering what the best config should be between my phone’s eq and the car’s.

​​​​​​Curious to know what you think of the settings. The audio system limits power to the sub to prevent it from blowing out. Throwing the sound a bit to the front, away from the sub greatly improved the muddy rattle for me, but i find myself still wanting more kick
Old 11-23-19, 04:43 PM
David2512
Driver School Candidate

​​​​​​Hi looking to get a RF p300-12, does the lc2i make a big difference compared to a standard LOC