NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Scout gps link

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-18, 11:48 AM
kvanlaan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enform apps & Scout GPS finally working with iOS 11.2.6

At long last, the Enform apps and Scout GPS will work with an iPhone once you upgrade to iOS 11.2.6. Until now, the Scout GPS didn't work at all, and the Enform apps only worked if the phone was not charging.

Now it appears to work correctly. I can plug in the phone and the apps no longer grey out. If I use Scout GPS, it works as it should.

This whole situation has been pretty weird. I had two technicians from two different Lexus dealers working on this problem and neither had any idea what was going on. Both had assured me the IPhone would work with the apps and with Scout GPS. It seems Lexus should have known or did know about the problem since last September but chose not to tell any of their technicians. I found it to be a very bad customer experience overall, mainly because I spent so much time trying to resolve it and for a while being made to think that it was somehow my fault.
Old 02-25-18, 10:04 AM
MDLex2018
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the new iOS update on my iPhone X, Scout GPS link is working from the jump (Bluetooth or teathered=3D map) without having to do all the tricks that have been mentioned in prior posts. I don’t mind Scot and Enform 2.0 when they work properly. However, I wouldn’t mind having Apple CarPlay just because it looks aesthetically good and it incorporates the system that I know and love. I don’t know if it is only me but my only issues are that to have the moving maps working I have to keep the Scout app open. Also, frequently after 15 minutes, Scout disconnects on its own causing Enform 2.0 to freeze; and the only way to fix it, at least for me, is restarting the car so that the infotainment system reboots. Let me know if this is happening to anyone else or if there is a workaround or better yet if there is any word on CarPlay. Recently it seems like Lexus is working on every other app but Enform 2.0 which had an update two month ago, while Scout updated one month ago stating iOS 11.2 does not support moving maps. However, if I am not mistaken, Lexus did send an infotainment update a few weeks ago via cloud which could explain why Scout is somewhat working. I hope we get CarPlay.
Old 02-25-18, 10:40 AM
lewmandell
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 15-minute Scout GPS Link Timeout

The previous correspondent is quite right - with IOS 11.2.6 the moving maps will start pretty reliably if your iPhone is plugged into the usb cable. However, after about 15 minutes of use, the system will fail, leaving the driver without any guidance whatsoever. This is incredibly dangerous and, in my estimation, exposes Lexus to greater liability than the previous Scout incarnation which did not bring up the moving maps at all. On some occasions I have been able to unplug the iPhone in which case it has defaulted to the Scout without the moving map. I believe that at least once I have plugged it back in and have regained the moving map but it generally just eliminates every form of Scout GPS until the engine is restarted.

For safety purposes, I now use Waze and bring up Media on pause to get the Waze voice commands to come over the car speakers through bluetooth.