NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

This could be the NX killer!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-18, 08:13 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,142 Likes on 739 Posts
Default This could be the NX killer!!!

Having coming from Acura's for over 20 years I know them well. We switched over five cars ago to Lexus and love everyone of them. Wife has a 2015 RX450h and we were waiting on the 2018 NXh. She wanted something a little smaller. Early saw pics of a panoramic roof and heads up display but found out these were only available outside the United Stares. WHAT!!! This RX looks great. No two tone seats, no overwhelming front grill, HUD, panoramic roof, Android Auto and Apple Play and love the clean look of no shifter sticking up six inches. Wake Up Lexus.

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/20...more-acronyms/
Old 01-16-18, 08:34 AM
ML350BT
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
Having coming from Acura's for over 20 years I know them well. We switched over five cars ago to Lexus and love everyone of them. Wife has a 2015 RX450h and we were waiting on the 2018 NXh. She wanted something a little smaller. Early saw pics of a panoramic roof and heads up display but found out these were only available outside the United Stares. WHAT!!! This RX looks great. No two tone seats, no overwhelming front grill, HUD, panoramic roof, Android Auto and Apple Play and love the clean look of no shifter sticking up six inches. Wake Up Lexus.

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/20...more-acronyms/
Same here. Was waiting for NX with hope to get premium sound and panoramic roof. Both are not available in NX. Shame.
RDX looks like a winner now. Also Infinity QX50 is coming too.
With RDX I wish Acura to keep old V6 vs new turbo 2.0L this one is too small and will be very noisy. Other than that I like what I see but we need to take it for a ride ))
Old 01-16-18, 08:45 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ML350BT
Same here. Was waiting for NX with hope to get premium sound and panoramic roof. Both are not available in NX. Shame.
RDX looks like a winner now. Also Infinity QX50 is coming too.
With RDX I wish Acura to keep old V6 vs new turbo 2.0L this one is too small and will be very noisy. Other than that I like what I see but we need to take it for a ride ))
We will wait for their hybrid. On the MDX the hybrid is $1,500 more. Acura tunes their hybrids for more power than better gas mileage. Will be quiet, I am sure with an EPA guessing of 29 city 30 highway.
Old 01-16-18, 11:00 AM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

Meh...there are plenty of better equipped vehicles already on the market than the NX. I'll stick with the vehicle that's proven to be reliable.
The following users liked this post:
GlenK (01-17-18)
Old 01-16-18, 08:16 PM
NXblue
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=ML350BT;10083724.......
With RDX I wish Acura to keep old V6 vs new turbo 2.0L this one is too small and will be very noisy. Other than that I like what I see but we need to take it for a ride ))[/QUOTE]

You do know the older RDX's had the 2.3L 4 cyl. turbo from model years 2007-2012! It was faster than the NX200t, but also WAY noisier, interior seemed like slightly better made
material than a base honda. Not bad, but no where CLOSE to the interior of the NX200t. I know, I had 3 RDX's & left Acura when they went away from the turbo to the V6.
Overall, the NX is better than the RDX's, at least the ones I had. I had a 2007, 2008, & 2012 RDX's. Love the NX for what it is. All auto manufactures will have better quality, choices,
packages, etc. for they're top model over a lower one. It's called market protection for they're top models!.
The new RDX looks good, but time & a ride will tell!
Old 01-16-18, 09:40 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Not a fan of the digital gear selector. It's way too big... Looks like the navigation in Acura finally updated from 2000 though.
Old 01-17-18, 06:01 AM
Floorance
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm def not a fan either of the digital gear selector, the location is just odd to me and reminds me of a NEST thermostat. I'm sure it will sell well, seems to compare nicely to the NX, but a killer? tad bold and def click-bait worthy to say but I'd venture to say its worth a look for those shopping for an NX. One thing about the new Acura's that bug are the angry front ends, but looks are subjective. Since its a prototype, its hard to judge till the final product is released. One thing I'm sure that won't come over are the side mirrors, they seem way to small to be functional, a product of some auto show concept parts bin. Not even the new NSX has mirrors are that sleek (only in preproduction). One opportunity I think they dropped the ball was on the cockpit. They are still using dials vs the new current crop of digital ones (Audi Virtual Cockpit, Lexus Digital Dash, Mercedes, Volkswagen, etc). That means the third gen RDX won't have it, it would've been a big step and win over the NX. ( I still shake my head on why the NX can't have the IS F-sport instrumentation). Maybe its me, but the RDX looks like if an Infiniti QX60 and C-RV had a love child and then had plastic surgery to resemble the face of a MDX.
Old 01-17-18, 12:39 PM
ML350BT
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NX is a very cool little SUV but missing a lot of options for premium car: Sound, Moon roof, 7 or 9 gears tranny, 6 is very old.
Digital cockpit aka Audi is nice but I like the old style.

Another good looking small SUV which I personally can't wait to try is QX50
Only one concern over it is the new engine type

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2019-...-starts-37545/
Old 01-17-18, 04:13 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ML350BT
NX is a very cool little SUV but missing a lot of options for premium car: Sound, Moon roof, 7 or 9 gears tranny, 6 is very old.
Digital cockpit aka Audi is nice but I like the old style.

Another good looking small SUV which I personally can't wait to try is QX50
Only one concern over it is the new engine type

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2019-...-starts-37545/
Could not do Infiniti based on reliability.
Old 01-18-18, 07:35 AM
rVague
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Acura reluability

Could not do Infiniti based on reliability.
Acura reliability isn’t too hot either
Old 01-18-18, 07:40 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rVague
Acura reliability isn’t too hot either
Point well made but Acura falls on reliability with their sedans. the RDX and MDX have always rated well on reliability. Consumer Reports rates the RDX as one of the most reliable vehicles. J D Power rates the RDX second in reliability in it's category.
Old 01-18-18, 10:09 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,546 Likes on 1,817 Posts

That new RDX looks like the current CRV - no need to wait if you want one.
Old 01-18-18, 10:35 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikemu30
That new RDX looks like the current CRV - no need to wait if you want one.
As I mentioned above will wait for the hybrid. So CRV and RDX different engine, different interior and different exterior besides no panoramic roof and HUD on the CRV but beside that very similar. To your point the RAV4 and NX look alike so why pay $15,000 more for an NX.
Old 01-18-18, 12:13 PM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I saw the RDX redesign. I'm intrigued. When I got the NX, I didn't have a child. But now that I have a stroller and other things to pack in and maybe if / when another kid comes along... the NX just isn't going to cut it. The RDX and NX were the two cars I compared while making my purchase in 2016, the RDX's look at that point was just old. Now with this refresh, I'm more inclined to think about a trade in... with my old 04 RX. I'll have to take a look at this thing when its at the NY auto show. I've never dealt with that drive selector before, but I've heard car reviewers complain that it is awkward. Also, the RDX has a lot of safety features, bells and whistles than my fully loaded 2016 NX has lol. I remember when Lane Departure wasn't even available. Cooled seats in an F-Sport? What's that? As for reliability. My first car was a used Honda Accord 98 V6 coupe that I bought with 101k on gauge. Drove it many years to 270k, regular maintenance, was still on its original transmission. Finally just gave it away in 2016, when I got the NX. So I'm not too worried about Honda/Acura's reliability.

Last edited by aztr0; 01-18-18 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-18-18, 01:03 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,546 Likes on 1,817 Posts

As I mentioned above will wait for the hybrid. So CRV and RDX different engine, different interior and different exterior besides no panoramic roof and HUD on the CRV but beside that very similar. To your point the RAV4 and NX look alike so why pay $15,000 more for an NX.
NX and RAV4 look pretty different to me.

Quick Reply: This could be the NX killer!!!