NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Planning to purchase this 2015 NX200t

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-18 | 07:41 AM
apdimitri
Rookie

Default Planning to purchase this 2015 NX200t

Hi all,
Like the title says, I have found a deal on a 2015 NX200t with 15k miles but looks too good to be true. Here are the listings:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...7363/overview/
https://www.gravityautossandysprings...00t-c-2490.htm

A couple of questions I have:
1. The price is $26,985 "Online Special Price". Is this too good to be true? I spoke with the dealer and they add a $900 paint protection warranty which I am going to try to get out of.
2. The carfax shows that it was a lease from Miami FL and then all of a sudden it is for sale in Atlanta GA. Wouldn't lexus get the car back after the lease and sell if as certified after the process given that it only has 15k miles?
3. What are some red flags I can look for when I go to check the vehicle out on Saturday?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by apdimitri; 02-14-18 at 08:56 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-14-18 | 08:03 AM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Just because the carfax is clean, doesn't mean there wasn't an accident on it that was not reported. I bet the car was damaged/flooded or something and bought at auction.
Old 02-14-18 | 08:28 AM
apdimitri
Rookie

Originally Posted by no1SomeGuy
Just because the carfax is clean, doesn't mean there wasn't an accident on it that was not reported. I bet the car was damaged/flooded or something and bought at auction.
Thats what I was thinking but wouldn't the carfax show sold at auction? I've seen that on a couple of cars I was looking at
Old 02-14-18 | 08:40 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Originally Posted by apdimitri
Hi all,
Like the title says, I have found a deal on a 2015 NX200t with 15 miles but looks too good to be true. Here are the listings:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...7363/overview/
https://www.gravityautossandysprings...00t-c-2490.htm

A couple of questions I have:
1. The price is $26,985 "Online Special Price". Is this too good to be true? I spoke with the dealer and they add a $900 paint protection warranty which I am going to try to get out of.
2. The carfax shows that it was a lease from Miami FL and then all of a sudden it is for sale in Atlanta GA. Wouldn't lexus get the car back after the lease and sell if as certified after the process given that it only has 15k miles?
3. What are some red flags I can look for when I go to check the vehicle out on Saturday?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
1 - Price seems fair. This car has PCS/DRCC so it is a rare find. You still have 21k miles and 19 months (whichever comes first) left of full warranty
2- Just like purchased car, a leased car can be returned/traded anywhere.
3 - I ran the history from Lexus Drivers site and it looked good.

11048 Miles Date: 06/08/2017
REPAIR# 0590619
REPORTED BY: Lexus of North Miami
SERVICE: 10K MILE SVC
DESCRIPTION: 10K MILE SVC ~ ~CUSTOMER REQUESTS A 10K MILE SERVICE ~ ~CUSTOMER REQUESTS A 10K MILE SERVICE ~ ~PERFORMED A 10K MILE SERVICE PER CUSTOMER'S REQUEST
SERVICE: 15-17 NX200/300H BRK
DESCRIPTION: 15-17 NX200/300H BRK ~ ~SPECIAL SERVICE CAMPAIGN GLP REMEDY NOTICE CERTAIN 2015-2017 LEXUS NX200T/NX300H BRAKE HOLD SYSTEM REPROGRAMMING. THERE IS A POSSIBILITY BRAKE HOLD SYSTEM MAINTAINS BRAKE APPLICATION WHEN THE SHIFT LEVER IS IN A FORWARD OR NEUTRAL GEAR POSITION WITH BRAKE ~ ~THE REMEDY INVOLVE AN INSPECTION AND, IF NECESSARY, A REPROGRAMMING OF THE SKID CONTROL ECU. ~ ~COMPLEGTED
SERVICE: NON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE
DESCRIPTION: NON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE ~ ~FREE MULTI POINT INSPECTION ~ ~ ~ ~COMPLETED MULTI POINT INSPECTIONNON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE ~ ~----- I HEREBY CONSENT TO RECEIVE AUTOMATICALLY-DIALED AND/ OR PRE-RECORDED TELEPHONE CALLS OR TEXT MESSAGES, FROM LEXUS OF NORTH MIAMI AT THE TELEPHONE NUMBER(S) I HAVE PROVIDED. LEXUS OF NORTH MIAMI MAY PLACE SUCH CALLS TO: (1) NOTIFY YOU REGARDING YOUR ~ ~

5777 miles Date: 08/11/2016
REPAIR# 0549489
SERVICE: 5,000 MILE SERVICE
DESCRIPTION: 5,000 MILE SERVICE ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~COMPLETED
DESCRIPTION: NON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE ~ ~FREE MULTI POINT INSPECTION ~ ~ ~ ~COMPLETED MULTI POINT INSPECTION

12 miles Date 09/08/2015
REPAIR# 0501803
SERVICE: 3M DOOR EDGE GUARD
DESCRIPTION: 3M DOOR EDGE GUARD ~ ~ ~ ~INSTALL 3M CLEAR DOOR EDGE GUARD. ~ ~PERFORM AS REQUESTED
SERVICE: INT NITROFILL(PDI)
DESCRIPTION: INT NITROFILL(PDI) ~ ~ ~ ~NITRO FILL ~ ~COMPLETED NITRO FILL
SERVICE: NEW CAR PREP
DESCRIPTION: NEW CAR PREP ~ ~ ~ ~
DESCRIPTION: NON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE ~ ~ ~ ~
SERVICE: PRE DELIVERY INSPECT
DESCRIPTION: PRE DELIVERY INSPECT ~ ~RED TEAM ~ ~PRE DELIVERY INSPECTION ~ ~COMPLETED PRE DELIVERY INSPECTION
The following users liked this post:
apdimitri (02-14-18)
Old 02-14-18 | 09:04 AM
apdimitri
Rookie

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
1 - Price seems fair. This car has PCS/DRCC so it is a rare find. You still have 21k miles and 19 months (whichever comes first) left of full warranty
2- Just like purchased car, a leased car can be returned/traded anywhere.
3 - I ran the history from Lexus Drivers site and it looked good.
One concern I have is flooding since the vehicle was around the Miami area. Is there something specific I can look for to determine flooding without pulling up carpets and such? For what reason might someone return the car elsewhere after a lease?
Old 02-14-18 | 11:18 AM
Eduskator
Pole Position

Wouldn't this show on the carproof report? I mean, unless the person who bought it after the 1st owner repaired it by himself without claiming anything, which I highly doubt unless damages would have been really minor, it would show...

Dealers aren't always putting on their lot the car they buy as trade-ins or when they get them back at the end of their lease, they sometimes sell them right away to a 3rd party. Dealerships don't ''own'' leased car. Lexus Corporate does.

Last edited by Eduskator; 02-14-18 at 11:21 AM.
The following users liked this post:
apdimitri (02-14-18)
Old 02-14-18 | 11:26 AM
apdimitri
Rookie

Originally Posted by Eduskator
Dealers aren't always putting on their lot the car they buy as trade-ins or when they get them back at the end of their lease, they sometimes sell them right away to a 3rd party. Dealerships don't ''own'' leased car. Lexus Corporate does.
But usually, the carfax would show a title change, right? I'm wondering why none of that is showing up
Old 02-14-18 | 03:16 PM
highvoltag
Driver School Candidate

<div style="text-align:left;">Honestly, to me it looks like a good deal. Not an outstanding deal though. The nav screen has the typical issue, but since you are still under warranty, get it fixed asap. I would look more closely for a CPO car. 6 year/unlimited miles warranty. It is worth the extra couple grand IMO. </div>
Old 02-14-18 | 05:17 PM
Eduskator
Pole Position

Originally Posted by apdimitri
But usually, the carfax would show a title change, right? I'm wondering why none of that is showing up
I unfortunately can't confirm that, but I doubt it would count as an ''owner change'' if a company would buy a car that's been owned by only 1 person and sell it to the next owner. I'm not even sure if they're considered ''owners'' or simply the middleman between real life owners. Again, not sure at all. Did you call Carfax? They might be able to help!

As for the price, I don't believe it's that much of a deal, but still a decent price if it's in good condition! If it can help and as a comparative, there is one 2015 fully equipped (F-Sport + all available options) with 36k miles for 38k$ CND (equivalent to 31k$ USD), but we are in two different markets so it's not really relevant.

Last edited by Eduskator; 02-14-18 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-14-18 | 05:46 PM
apdimitri
Rookie

Originally Posted by Eduskator
I unfortunately can't confirm that, but I doubt it would count as an ''owner change'' if a company would buy a car that's been owned by only 1 person and sell it to the next owner. I'm not even sure if they're considered ''owners'' or simply the middleman between real life owners. Again, not sure at all. Did you call Carfax? They might be able to help!

As for the price, I don't believe it's that much of a deal, but still a decent price if it's in good condition! If it can help and as a comparative, there is one 2015 fully equipped (F-Sport + all available options) with 36k miles for 38k$ CND (equivalent to 31k$ USD), but we are in two different markets so it's not really relevant.
Okay I see what you are saying about the owner change. I haven’t been able to find anything for $26,985 equipped like this one with that low of miles. Thanks!
Old 02-15-18 | 05:03 AM
Eduskator
Pole Position

Then that's your cue Oh and, please let me (us) know how you like the vehicle if you end up getting it. I'm planning on getting the F-Sport version in a near future.
Old 02-15-18 | 05:52 PM
jimp
Driver School Candidate

The first listing states leather, second indicates new Lux. That is a major cost difference!