Canada - 2018 navigation, HD Traffic

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-18, 09:05 AM
johnhey
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Canada - 2018 navigation, HD Traffic

This question is ONLY for Canada.
I was in dealer (Toronto) to test drive Luxury 2018 NX with navigation, however the navigation was not showing Traffic data on the map (green,yellow and red lines).
The sales person said because this is a DEMO car and Enform is not registered to anyone, you do not see the HD traffic.
That was strange because HD traffic info suppose to come from HD radio and it is free.
I was wondering if Canadian drivers have traffic info in their navigation map.
Old 02-19-18, 05:19 AM
Eduskator
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Knowing that they voluntary disable the remote start system on the key fob (which is installed on almost every 2017+ vehicles BTW and should be a FM transmitter) when Enform is not active (in other words, when you don't pay), I wouldn't be surprised to see that they do the exact same thing with other components such as the traffic on the GPS.

Lexus might also have decided to get its traffic data from Enform instead of the HD radio. We'd have to ask an engineer. lol
Old 02-20-18, 08:42 AM
johnhey
Pit Crew

So, can any 2018 NX owner in Canada confirm they have traffic data in their navigation? (with or without active Enform subscription)
Old 02-20-18, 12:39 PM
heffnerlex
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

The sales person was correct, in order to get live traffic to show up on the maps, the vehicle must first be registered with Enform. Also, they don't register the demos, because that would start the Enform free trial.
Old 02-20-18, 12:57 PM
johnhey
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by heffnerlex
The sales person was correct, in order to get live traffic to show up on the maps, the vehicle must first be registered with Enform. Also, they don't register the demos, because that would start the Enform free trial.
Does this mean than after free subscription live traffic will stop working?
i still like to know if it is even available in Canada. I mean anyone is using it now to confirm?
Old 02-20-18, 01:35 PM
LOLjasonW
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by johnhey
i still like to know if it is even available in Canada. I mean anyone is using it now to confirm?
pulled directly from lexus's canadian site

https://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/about/...ormIntroducing Lexus Enform. Thoughtful connectivity and peace of mind technology at your fingertips and at your service 24/7. Connect to the music you love, stay in touch with your passions and pastimes, find out where you are and where to go, and rest easy knowing that there’s a live Enform Response Agent a button push away. It’s one more way to experience how Lexus creates amazing. Available now on the 2018 Lexus LC, 2018 NX, 2018 LS, 2018 RC and 2018 RC F.

with the Enform not being setup for a customer none of that info will come across. It seems with the release in Canada they have everything running through Enform
Old 02-20-18, 02:06 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 692 Posts

I can't tell you for sure how things work in Canada, but, in the US, the basic Enform App Suite is free and does not require a subscription, and the Enform App Suite includes things like destination search, Pandora, traffic info, weather info, etc. What requires a paid subscription is the Enform remote, destination assist, safety connect, and service connect.

Trending Topics

Old 02-21-18, 08:38 AM
heffnerlex
Pit Crew

No, live traffic will still work. The free subscription is only for things like Safety Connect (4 years free trial) or Destination Assist (1 year free trial). I find it silly that you need to register with Enform to get the live traffic to work..

Yes, live traffic is available in Canada in zones where HD radio with live traffic is available. You do not need to be tuned to the specific radio channel that supports live traffic however. If you live in Toronto or any major city in Canada, the live traffic should work no problem on the 2018 NX.
Old 02-21-18, 09:39 AM
johnhey
Pit Crew

No, live traffic will still work. The free subscription is only for things like Safety Connect (4 years free trial) or Destination Assist (1 year free trial). I find it silly that you need to register with Enform to get the live traffic to work..

Yes, live traffic is available in Canada in zones where HD radio with live traffic is available. You do not need to be tuned to the specific radio channel that supports live traffic however. If you live in Toronto or any major city in Canada, the live traffic should work no problem on the 2018 NX.
Still no 2018 NX owner from Canada responded that they actually have it in their car, see it and use it.
Till then we assume live traffic on map (2018 NX) in Canada is a myth !!!! (perhaps some pictures to prove it will help)

Last edited by johnhey; 02-21-18 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-21-18, 11:49 AM
heffnerlex
Pit Crew

The following users liked this post:
johnhey (02-21-18)
Old 02-21-18, 12:13 PM
johnhey
Pit Crew

that is hard proof, thanks
Old 02-22-18, 03:42 AM
sarhento
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

No, live traffic does not work in my 2018 NX 300 Sport F3. It is supposed to. I might go to dealership and have them check and configure.
Old 02-22-18, 07:09 AM
LOLjasonW
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

So I contacted a Canadian Rep and this is the jist of what i was told
"happy to jump in here. I'm in the Connected Vehicle Technology group supporting Lexus in Canada. HD Traffic is indeed a supported service for 2018 NX Series in the Canadian market. While HD coverage is not as widespread as in USA, there is IP backup.
It's Internet Protocol, in this case via the vehicle's DCM"

also forwarded me a list of hd stations for "up north" https://hdradio.com/canada/find-hd-r...nadian-station
Old 02-22-18, 11:34 AM
Eduskator
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do we know if the vehicle's DCM is only enabled via Enform? That would explain why a subscription is required...
Old 02-22-18, 12:04 PM
sarhento
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What’s DCM?

Quick Reply: Canada - 2018 navigation, HD Traffic