NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Rear Hatch Won't Open Using Dash Button

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-19, 04:31 PM
BePretty
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I step out of my vehicle, in park, engine turned off, I should be able to open my vehicle with the fob in my pocket. This is basic logic. No amount of obtuse programming will convince me otherwise. Another possible safety aspect is when I fly off a bridge and the front of the vehicle is downward due to engine mass, water is entering the vehicle , the windows do not work because someone has locked them and the battery is now short circuited disabling all electrics including windows.I've floated to the surface next to the rear door, where my groceries are now floating because I paid to much for an expensive poorly programmed vehicle. I want out...right now before I drown...where is the handle?
Old 02-02-19, 04:36 PM
gompka
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Horrible example, because the water pressure would prevent you from opening any doors regardless of manual handle or not, you would have to break a window. The car and trunk do open fine with the fob in your pocket from the outside, not sure I get what your saying there.
Old 02-02-19, 04:41 PM
BePretty
Driver School Candidate

Your knowledge of the principles of physics is simply astounding. I am sure your grade school teachers were suitably impressed. Unfortunately, when parked outside, not typically the trunk does not open with fob in pocket which is, in fact, the issue being described. How do you suggest I get my groceries? Break the window? Or is the air pressure too high?
Old 02-02-19, 04:44 PM
gompka
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by BePretty
Your knowledge of the principles of physics is simply astounding. I am sure your grade school teachers were suitably impressed. Unfortunately, when parked outside, not typically the trunk does not open with fob in pocket which is, in fact, the issue being described. How do you suggest I get my groceries? Break the window? Or is the air pressure too high?
No the issue with opening the doors first is when using the inside button to open the trunk. it should work fine with the fob, if it doesn't you should go see your dealer.
Old 02-02-19, 05:18 PM
BePretty
Driver School Candidate

No...Neither FOB nor button with doors open or closed although there was a magnificent LEXUS like beep sans notifications on dash.
Old 02-03-19, 08:41 AM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by BePretty
No...Neither FOB nor button with doors open or closed although there was a magnificent LEXUS like beep sans notifications on dash.
My rear door will open with the FOB in my pocket by holding the button on the rear door for a couple of seconds. It will also open if I use the FOB and hold the FOB trunk button for a couple of seconds. If I’m in the car and the doors are unlocked, the button on the dash will open the rear door if I hold it a couple of seconds. It will not open if the doors are all locked. If yours does not do this, you need to visit the dealer and let them fix your car.
Old 02-03-19, 11:45 AM
fredw1
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

My rear door opens when the vehicle is locked, from either the fob or the rear handle. It always opens (under any conditions) from the button on the dash.

What I find frustrating is that when trying to open via the rear handle, sometimes it takes several tries to get the hatch to open. Even though I'm pressing the left side of the button, sometimes it wants to lock the vehicle, even it it's already locked. My wife had an RX350, with a rear-door hydraulic assist, but no electronics. That worked every time, and without the annoying (and very loud) beep.