NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Genuine / Legitimate Lexus OEM Factory Service Documentation

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-18, 10:22 AM
winglesss
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Genuine / Legitimate Lexus OEM Factory Service Documentation

Back in the dinosaur days it was possible to purchase a genuine Factory Service Manual (FSM) for the specific vehicle year and model. That FSM contained all the details and information required to properly repair and maintain that vehicle in a telephone book sized volume (a reference also to the dinosaur days). Those days are gone. It is not possible to purchase a FSM for current vehicles.

The FSM information for current vehicles is available to dealership service technicians through a web browser. That is good for them, but sucks for the vehicle owner.

A search for service documentation reveals many options from scary illegitimate sources, none of which I would be comfortable installing onto my computer.

A Lexus source was located that provides access to vehicle-specific factory documentation for a reasonable cost. The Lexus Australia Service Information and Repair Manuals web site offers access to factory documentation for a selected time interval for a fee. They sell access for a day, a week, a month or a year. Note the listed amounts are in Australian dollars, US dollars are less than those indicated amounts. That web site lists operating system requirements and browser requirements. My Windows 10 Home computer is not listed as compatible, but it worked fine. My Google Chrome browser is not listed as compatible, but it worked fine.

It is possible to make plain PDF documents for the pages of interest to create a local repository of useful service information. Note that creating those documents is very labor intensive. It requires going to each page individually, creating each PDF individually, naming each PDF individually, saving to an appropriate local hard drive directory structure and then moving on to the next document.

The web site is much better than those manually-created plain PDF documents. Each page on the web site has hot links throughout all the text and images, permitting a click to bring up the selected information. Not so w/ the manually-created PDF documents.

The web site permits selection of vehicle-specific documentation at several publication dates. Those publication date options permit selection of information appropriate to different model years. The web site permits access to: October 2014; September 2015 and September 2016 for the NX200t, plus access to: July 2014; October 2014; September 2015 and September 2016 for the NX300h.

Note that I have zero affiliation and that I have zero agreement w/ the web provider. This is provided for informational purposes only.

The following users liked this post:
UngBuck (08-02-19)
Old 03-23-18, 06:45 AM
gompka
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

This looks pretty much just like https://techinfo.toyota.com, i recently got the $15 access for 2 days to TIS and it has what looks to be the same information you are looking at.
The following 2 users liked this post by gompka:
antonio98 (03-25-18), winglesss (03-23-18)
Old 03-24-18, 08:33 AM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

Yup. I subscribed to techinfo for a few days, figured out their structure, and then wrote a little program that automatically extracted the entire thing for the NX out to local html pages (I'm a software architect). Was pretty simple to do.

Often you can find the entire manuals in PDF form out on the internet, I got ones for my rav4 and my mazdaspeed 3 this way...but there wasn't an NX one that I could find yet.
Bempa (03-27-18)
Old 03-26-18, 07:34 PM
loanshark
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by no1SomeGuy
Yup. I subscribed to techinfo for a few days, figured out their structure, and then wrote a little program that automatically extracted the entire thing for the NX out to local html pages (I'm a software architect). Was pretty simple to do.

Often you can find the entire manuals in PDF form out on the internet, I got ones for my rav4 and my mazdaspeed 3 this way...but there wasn't an NX one that I could find yet.
Any chance you can do this for the GS?
Old 03-27-18, 08:19 AM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

I could but 1) I would have to sign up for techinfo again, 2) I really shouldn't distribute the content (not legal).
Old 03-27-18, 10:15 AM
VVTiBob

Received 268 Likes on 204 Posts

Exactly. We don’t condone discussions about copyright infringement. So please stop that portion of the conversation.
winglesss (03-28-18)
Old 03-28-18, 04:56 AM
winglesss
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There is zero need for copyright infringement.

Even though it is not possible to purchase a printed FSM, Lexus has made their factory documentation available at a reasonable cost.

The US site permits 2-day access for $15 and the Australian site permits 1-day access for ~$13 (USD). IMO, these charges are very reasonable.

It was possible for me to make a local repository w/ much more information than I need in much less than a day.

Yes, a better solution is to create a local web site copy, using something like Microsoft Visual Studio but I don't have that software or those software skills.
Old 06-25-24, 04:28 PM
lojackfty
Intermediate

Received 221 Likes on 104 Posts
Default Help

Originally Posted by no1SomeGuy

Can you share a method that i can use to download the Factory Service manual