HUD alignment problem... Calling Canadians or any model with HUD

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-18, 05:55 AM
slypx
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Default HUD alignment problem... Calling Canadians or any model with HUD

My brand new 2018 NX300 F Sport have a horizontal alignment problem in the HUD
The right side is slightly lower than the left side probably 3 to 5 degrees... Anyone else with this?
If you have the tach or eco mode displayed, it is a horizontal line at the bottom and it becomes really obvious
Going to get the dealer to look at it next time there, but in between, any comments or similar experience and solution ?

PS, there is no manual horizontal adjustment available to user, only vertical (up and down), brightness and mode
Old 03-28-18, 07:26 PM
slypx
Driver

Here’s a picture of the problem... don’t worry, my brick wall is well aligned !!

Old 03-29-18, 03:48 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll have to check it when I drive next time. If there is a problem it hasn't been noticeable or bothersome to me.
The following users liked this post:
slypx (03-29-18)
Old 05-11-18, 07:01 PM
slypx
Driver

Just as a follow up, NX is at the dealer for a couple of days for 1st month check and minor adjustment including the situation with HUD. They called me back today, they recognized that it is an issue and it is misaligned but it's the first time they see this (my luck !) and also to to let me know it's going to take time, they have to dismantle the dashboard !! Will go into mid-week next week for sure. Driving around in a courtesy IS300 AWD Premium 2017 ... good car with prime engine (V6), in all I like it except that my road bike doesn't fit in it !!
Old 05-15-18, 10:07 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would be nervous about squeaks and rattles after the dash has been taken apart
Old 05-16-18, 03:36 AM
slypx
Driver

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Sylvan
I would be nervous about squeaks and rattles after the dash has been taken apart
I am !!!!!!
Old 05-27-18, 09:48 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Let us know how it turns out, I’ll have my fingers crossed for you.
Old 05-28-18, 05:45 AM
slypx
Driver

** Update May 28**

NX stayed at the dealer for 3 weeks (had the one month maintenance and small scratch remove also) and it turns out that at least an other NX F-Sports Series 3 with HUD on the lot has the same issue ... just glad it's not only mine. Fellow Canadians, if you have HUD, check the horizontal alignment (If you have an issue, PM me, I'll give you my dealer contact so yours can reach out to him)

After numerous trial and error manoeuvre, dealer contacted the engineering dept ... just before dismantling the dash... turned out tho be a good thing !

Dealer was told not to dismantle the dash as originally plan (which wasn't done after all - thank god for the squeaks and cracking avoidance !) as their is no dealer replacement part, were told it is a solid optical block.
Dealer was also told that the Toyota/Lexus "internal software" Tech Stream (If I'm not wrong) has the ability to correct the horizontal alignment by +/- 3%.

Although the feature is present in their software, once connected to the on-board computer, there is no action occuring once the command is push (send) to the car ... They tried it with the other NX on the lot too without success. Seems like a software issue or car firmware issue

Got my car back last Friday while software and car engineer works on a software/firmware issue/solution which can take a while ...

Glad to get my NX300 2018 back but it also allowed me to drive 2 other Lexus during that time. 1st had an IS which I loved but my bike wouldn't fit in it ... Then got a 2017 NX loaner for a week which I loved too but was a lower grade version than mine and didn't had all of my 2018 features. Nice cars anyway !

Thanks all
Old 05-29-18, 04:10 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to take so long to get back to you, but my HUD is also not level.
Old 05-29-18, 04:30 AM
slypx
Driver

Originally Posted by TorontoIS
Sorry to take so long to get back to you, but my HUD is also not level.
So model year 2017 is affected too ... Will let you know when I have an update and if they come up with a solution ... If you do on your side, please let me know
Old 05-29-18, 04:06 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

I noticed even the GS and my past RX F Sport had the same "characteristic" so I just thought it was by design. In short my 2015 NX had the slant too...

Old 05-29-18, 04:09 PM
slypx
Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I noticed even the GS and my past RX F Sport had the same "characteristic" so I just thought it was by design. In short my 2015 NX had the slant too...
Humm... interesting ... seems to be a larger of a problem than I thought ...
Old 05-29-18, 08:42 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

No way I have to look at mine, I have OCD so I think I would have noticed if it was off.
Old 06-15-18, 09:04 AM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Mine is also slightly off, did they get a fix yet. I wish I had never read this thread I am super OCD but hadn’t noticed it until I really looked and it’s only slightly off but it’s still off...
Old 06-16-18, 04:33 AM
slypx
Driver

Originally Posted by Sylvan
I wish I had never read this thread ...

Sorry man !!!!

No solution yet, see details above... Was told at the dealer that this could take weeks/months ...
We're talking TechStream software and/or on-board firmware correction/update/rewriting, testing, approval, etc ...
I guess someone would like to look at the production line and supplier too ...
So, you know the delays in such a situation ... and that is if they ever come up with a solution ..

Glad to know I'm not the only one with the issue and glad they were able to reproduce it with an other NX in the lot ...

Frankly, I can live with it... but when you pay 60 000 CDN$ for a car coming from Lexus you have expectations ...!

Time will tell - I will keep updating this post when I have significant information on the situation

Quick Reply: HUD alignment problem... Calling Canadians or any model with HUD