NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

1st Lexus dealership service experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-18, 11:04 AM
Newnx
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1st Lexus dealership service experience

I dropped my 2018 NX to do a 1st 5000 miles servies at Lexus dealership yesterday. Normally they will only do a tire rotation, top windshield fuild and multipoint inspection. When I got a car, they told me they accidentally drained the engine oil, but I have noticed they didn't change oil filter. Is it okay not changing oil filter when flushed the engine oil? Also they did not top my windshield fuild, either. I really were not impressed the services they performed. Based on those neglected works, I am not sure what other items were missing during the services.

Also dose anyone know how to correctly check oil capacity? Just would like to make sure they put enough engine oil.

Thanks.

Last edited by Newnx; 06-02-18 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-02-18, 11:08 AM
jdt
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Newnx
I dropped my 2018 NX to do a 1st 5000 miles servies at Lexus dealership yesterday. Normally they will only do a tire rotation, top windshield fuild and multipoint inspection. When I got a car, they told me they accidentally drained the engine oil, but I have noticed they didn't change oil filter. Is it okay not changing oil filter when flushed the engine oil? Also they did not top my windshield fuild, either. I really not impressed the services they performed. Based on those neglected works, I am not sure what other items were missing during the services.

Also dose anyone know how to correctly check oil capacity? Just would like to make sure they put enough engine oil.

Thanks.
my question is....how does the dealership "accidently" drain the engine oil?
Old 06-02-18, 11:28 AM
Newnx
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jdt
my question is....how does the dealership "accidently" drain the engine oil?
According to the paperwork, they put 10K services, instead of 5K. My best guess is once they realized this is only 5K services, they stop doing what 10K services supposed to do.
Old 06-02-18, 01:49 PM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I dropped my 2018 NX to do a 1st 5000 miles servies at Lexus dealership yesterday. Normally they will only do a tire rotation, top windshield fuild and multipoint inspection. When I got a car, they told me they accidentally drained the engine oil, but I have noticed they didn't change oil filter. Is it okay not changing oil filter when flushed the engine oil? Also they did not top my windshield fuild, either. I really were not impressed the services they performed. Based on those neglected works, I am not sure what other items were missing during the services.

Thanks.
There are several manufacturers now that recommend doing the filter every other oil change. I don’t do that but they are not going to harm your engine with what they did. To check the oil level, park the car on a level surface and shut it off for 10 to 20 minutes. Then pull the dip stick, wipe it off, reinstall it fully, then pull it out and look at it. The oil level should be at the top of the hash mark.
Old 06-02-18, 09:46 PM
reposado2
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Skip all future 5k service.
Old 06-04-18, 03:05 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,128 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by reposado2
Skip all future 5k service.
Agree it is a tire rotation.
Old 06-06-18, 11:18 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Usually the lowest paid and the least experienced grease monkey is the person doing your oil change UNFORTUNATELY. THIS IS TRUE ACROSS THE BRANDS FROM THE BIG THREE DEMOSTICS TO HIGH END IMPORTS (EURO BRANDS INCLUDED).

Thanks.