NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Side Viewing Mirror Shaking/Vibrate

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-20 | 09:39 AM
paulleeRN
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BriD6
They told me the same thing, then the next time I test drove WITH them and the guys reaction was “ohhh I see what you’re talking about, wow” but because it’s common they don’t even try to look at it?

I provided the service bulletin but am still waiting to hear back. I will have to press the issue because it drives me crazy. Glad for you that you are at least used to it at this point.
please give us an update when you hear back from them. will reference it the next time im going to bring my nx for service. it is still annoying but i have to ignore it as much as i could. it just keeps adding up. sigh.
The following users liked this post:
BriD6 (09-23-20)
Old 08-19-21 | 04:34 PM
F21SPORT
Driver School Candidate

I know it's an old thread but I was looking for answers about same issue and it seems it's been happening for years, we got our 2021 f sport with dimmable folding mirrors and it shakes a lot on driver side, passenger not that bad, I was at dealership yesterday and of course they couldn't replicate the issue, another issue I have is when backing up and hit the brake there is a noise coming from driver back wheel or so I think and of course they couldn't replicate my issue, my first Lexus and not happy with those things, I grab a loaner and gave me a regular 2021 nx 300 and does the same shaking but not the noise when backing up.
I'm new here BTW!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by F21SPORT:
BriD6 (08-19-21), paulleeRN (08-20-21)
Old 08-19-21 | 05:18 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

There has been a similar issue with mirrors on the Toyota RAV4. The shaking/vibrating seems to vary from one moment to the next. At first, I thought that it was related to temperature changes, but I'm not certain of that.

In any case, Toyota does have a service bulletin for this. The repair involves replacing the bolts that mount the mirror housing to the door. In order to do that, the interior door panel needs to be removed. Then, several other things need to be uninstalled. Then, larger holes need to be drilled in the door sheet metal to accommodate the larger bolts. Finally, everything needs to be re-assembled.

While my Toyota dealer was willing to do the repair (with coverage from the warranty), I decided that I was not willing to take the chance that, with uninstalling and re-installing multiple parts, drilling bigger holes, etc., I could end up with rattles that were more annoying than the vibrating mirror, and, thus, I decided to live with the vibration.

Considering that this has been an issue for years with the NX and with at least 2 generations of the RAV4, I have to wonder why Toyota and Lexus have not changed their production specs to use the larger bolts when the car is being built.
BriD6 (08-19-21)
Old 08-19-21 | 06:21 PM
BriD6
Driver School Candidate

I have opened two cases about this. Everyone needs to call Lexus and complain formally and keep at it but everyone gives up. They specifically told me unless more ppl complain about it they really won’t look into it. Still battling with them and even considering opening up a different case to have them potentially buy back the vehicle.

Feel free to message me.

EDIT:

IRONICALLY - I also hear that sound with the wheel when I’m driving relatively slow and step on the brake. Wow. I can’t send you a message so please send me one if you are open to it.

Originally Posted by F21SPORT
I know it's an old thread but I was looking for answers about same issue and it seems it's been happening for years, we got our 2021 f sport with dimmable folding mirrors and it shakes a lot on driver side, passenger not that bad, I was at dealership yesterday and of course they couldn't replicate the issue, another issue I have is when backing up and hit the brake there is a noise coming from driver back wheel or so I think and of course they couldn't replicate my issue, my first Lexus and not happy with those things, I grab a loaner and gave me a regular 2021 nx 300 and does the same shaking but not the noise when backing up.
I'm new here BTW!!!

Last edited by BriD6; 08-19-21 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-19-21 | 10:36 PM
Mjs61084
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by F21SPORT
I'm new here BTW!!!
No! There is no fix for the mirror. Also, get ready because all of your calipers will start making that noise and they all “fire” at different times. I fought with them many times about the calipers as well. They claim it has something to with the calipers moving back and forth. They took a used CPO out and told me it made the same exact noise which means it’s normal. I tried to open a case with Lexus and their response was that all of these things weren’t defects, but that they were characteristics of the vehicle. Honestly, I wouldn’t waste my time because you’ll just be irritated and set up for disappointment.
Old 08-20-21 | 04:28 AM
BriD6
Driver School Candidate

See, but that’s why if we all aren’t persistent, they won’t budge. You should call and open a case even if you only waste 15-20 minutes you’ll possibly get us closer to making them fix this. Without everyone doing that, we literally have nothing.

Call +1 (800) 255-3987 ask to open a case, tell them about which dealer is BULL****TING you and tell them about the service bulletin for the SAME issue, and say how unhappy you are.

Things don’t get addressed unless there is a big enough push unfortunately.

Originally Posted by Mjs61084
No! There is no fix for the mirror. Also, get ready because all of your calipers will start making that noise and they all “fire” at different times. I fought with them many times about the calipers as well. They claim it has something to with the calipers moving back and forth. They took a used CPO out and told me it made the same exact noise which means it’s normal. I tried to open a case with Lexus and their response was that all of these things weren’t defects, but that they were characteristics of the vehicle. Honestly, I wouldn’t waste my time because you’ll just be irritated and set up for disappointment.
Old 10-30-21 | 07:18 PM
jsymaco
Driver School Candidate

Default 2021 nx300

[QUOTE=Newnx;10585469]2018 NX 300 , My driver side mirror dose shake, too. Exactly same problem. Passenger side is perfectly okey. A technician from Keyes Lexus told me jjst today 10.30.2021 a lot of complaints regarding the driver side mirror. Same old issue.
BriD6 (10-31-21)
Old 02-27-22 | 08:33 PM
jsymaco
Driver School Candidate

Default 2021 nx300

Originally Posted by paulleeRN
thanks! just want to make sure that issues that i observe are common to ease my disappointments. don't get me wrong, the nx is a beautiful car and i do really love it. but i traded my Tucson for my Nx, and tbh, my Hyundai Tucson has "more". hopefully i can adapt sooner with the shaking.
same is you as you. Dealership says its normal, since when?😤