NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Nuluxe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-18, 08:22 AM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyChino

Maybe it is harder to see all of the creases in the photo, but from what is visible I actually don't consider it that bad at all for a 1-2 year old Lexus. Considering it is mostly at the edge of the seat, I think the NuLuxe is conforming to some foam bunching up where your the back of your legs would rest. The is some creasing there for sure but seems pretty minimal. They make NuLuxe look more and more like real leather. Without feeling it, your perforated NuLuxe looks just like my perforated semi-aniline, other than the color.
Old 08-11-18, 08:32 AM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

How do you tell if you have leather or nuluxe? We have a 2015 with the premium package. The window sticker does not say which we have. All of the seats still look new after 30K miles except for two very slight creases on the drivers seat.
Old 08-11-18, 04:51 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,014 Likes on 693 Posts

Originally Posted by olgzr
How do you tell if you have leather or nuluxe? We have a 2015 with the premium package. The window sticker does not say which we have. All of the seats still look new after 30K miles except for two very slight creases on the drivers seat.
If you have an NX with the premium package, your seating surfaces are NuLuxe. Only the NX with the luxury package has leather seating surfaces.
Old 08-11-18, 05:56 PM
Torii
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I have had lexus anilene leather car for 11 years...the seats were well broken in and thank goodness was decent leather or I could imagine seats with worn spots/tears.

Im not sold on nulexe as it seems just like cheap old vinyl seats with some color contrast and sewing craftsmanship. guess Im a guinnea pig...see if I change my toon in 8 years...
Old 08-12-18, 11:31 AM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Torii
I have had lexus anilene leather car for 11 years...the seats were well broken in and thank goodness was decent leather or I could imagine seats with worn spots/tears.

Im not sold on nulexe as it seems just like cheap old vinyl seats with some color contrast and sewing craftsmanship. guess Im a guinnea pig...see if I change my toon in 8 years...
I've had a lot of cars over the years with the cheap vinyl seats. The Nuluxe is nothing like the cheap vinyl. So far I’m impressed with it.
Old 08-13-18, 10:16 AM
V350
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

My family has always had Lexus. I just got one myself. I am really impressed with Nuluxe. It has all the benefits of leather with farrrrr less upkeep. Just keep it clean and it seems to stay like new for a very long time. Bonus that I don't **** off my vegan friends.
The following users liked this post:
Palance (01-17-24)
Old 08-14-18, 04:11 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have always had semi aniline leather on my Lexus vehicles and loved the soft leather. Yes the side bolsters creased after a few years but the seats felt great. When I purchased my 2017 NX F-Sport last year leather was not an option so I ended up with Nuluxe. I have to admit that compared with the leather that was available on the NX the Nuluxe actually feels softer. In Canada semi aniline leather hasn't been an option and the regular leather isn't nearly as nice.
Old 12-23-23, 09:47 AM
jmpdws
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Definitely Leather

Originally Posted by Koetsu
You might check to see if the leather seating areas are part of a Luxury package. If so, you are also getting real wood trim on the doors which is a definite upgrade from the plastic in the base model. Probably some other goodies in the $2.5k, as well. Nulux is good, but I still prefer leather, IMHO.
Originally Posted by Wineslayer
Hi I'm about to buy a 2019 NX300, but I've never had a car with synthetic leather. I've narrowed it down to one with the nuluxe and one with leather. I'm just not sure if the extra $2.5k is worth the upgrade.

If you have the nuluxe, would you mind commenting on your thoughts? Would you buy nuluxe again or go back to leather?

Thank you!
I have always had leather and liked. Now have nuluxe. Bought 2017 NX Lexus and nuluxe is wearing out on bolsters of Driver's seat mainly. Nuluxe was wore through to black fiber and foam underneath. Wanted to get repaired and found out it cannot be removed and replaced like real leather. All they can do is clean and dye it. But this was discovered too late. Repair man cut out a sample to match the color. Somehow it affected the heated part of the seat now it ​​​​​no longer works! They have tried to fix it but can't. Taking to Lexus next week to see if they can fix heated driver seat. If they can't fix it, May have to buy a whole new seat! Have only owned the car 2 1/2 months. This is a now a nightmare. Don't get nuluxe you can't repair or reupholster it like real leather.
Old 12-25-23, 02:06 PM
miop4000
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

I have a leather interior 2015 NX with 100,000 miles. The only issue with the interior was cracking of the material on the armrest. I’m sure the armrest is not leather but vinyl (sorry Nuluxe). $750 US for OEM replacement at the dealer.

I also have a a RCF with semi-analine leather. Butter smooth but highly prone to bubbling and creasing. Had driver’s seat replaced under warranty.

The leather in the NX is a good balance between quality feel and long term durability.