NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Retrofitting of millimeter wave radar and PCS installation

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-18, 11:53 PM
harrysmith
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retrofitting of millimeter wave radar and PCS installation

This is my first post but for two years I have been reading this forum extensively.
I am retrofitting the millimeter wave radar and PCS of my NX, obviously at my own risk.
Firstly, I verified that all wires and connector were available in the car, then I step by step bought the following ítems:
* Millimeter wave radar
* Driving support ECU
* Left side driver switch for PCS
* Buzzer
* Steering Wheel cruise control actuator and radar distance switch
Once everything I mentioned above was installed, the PCS is recognize and the distance can be configure in the display for short, médium and large distance. NO DTC is raise in the ECU. However, the millimeter wave radar do not seem to be operative even it can be calibrated using techstream. I must mention that both the PCS and millimeter radar ECU can be configure using techstream. The PCS do not detect any obstacle in froant and the Radar Cruise is not operative.
Any advice would be welcome, as well as documentation to understand if any chance to have it operative and calibrated.
Thank you guys.
Old 10-04-18, 05:36 AM
gompka
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

i don't have experience with this exact situation, bit i do know that all the ecus in the car should talk to one another and that for example when changing they key/securoty ecu it was to be actuated or married to the car.
Old 10-05-18, 01:30 PM
ukrkoz
Racer

Received 224 Likes on 201 Posts

Basically, this^^^^^. You need to reflesh the ENTIRE system to recognize PCS. And thing being, you likely end up seeing dealer and dealer may raise eyebrows and 1. decline, as that becomes their liability and 2. do a warranty note on your vehicle.
Some things better off left to (pricey) dealers.
Old 10-07-18, 12:05 PM
harrysmith
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ukrkoz
Basically, this^^^^^. You need to reflesh the ENTIRE system to recognize PCS. And thing being, you likely end up seeing dealer and dealer may raise eyebrows and 1. decline, as that becomes their liability and 2. do a warranty note on your vehicle.
Some things better off left to (pricey) dealers.
Thank you very much for your replay and your comments. I suppose that when you said reflesh you really said reflash. Couriously I retrofit the parking sensors including the Clearance ECU and it was completely recognized by the car. Obviously it do not depend on decurity systems.
In the case of the PCS and DRCC, everything is fine but the DRCC apperas as "without" when using the GTS. However, the Driving Support system ECU works fine as well as the radar.
Is there any chance to activate the DRCC using Techstream?
Old 07-19-20, 01:45 PM
harrysmith
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation some help

I need some help.

I installed the following system in my car:
* Millimeter wave radar
* Driving support ECU
* Left side driver switch for PCS
* Buzzer
* Steering Wheel cruise control actuator and radar distance switch

Unfortunately, it does not work completely as the camera is also needed but the connector is not available, so by the moment I give up.

The problem is that when I uninstall the millimeter radar and the Driving support ECU, the main ECU shots DTC about loosing connection with the uninstalled ECUS, U1104, ... Using techstream its impossible to erase them unless I install again the driving support ecu and radar.
I would like to eliminate these systems in the Main ECU (I suppose some data is stored so it looks for it in every ignition). Anyone knows how to proceed in this case? I suppose some reset or a reprogramming of the ECU. I can do some reset using techstream but I am not going to reprogram my ECU. Any piece of advice?

Thank you very much in advance.