NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Lexus Enform problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-18 | 08:00 AM
jaybarbara
Rookie

Red face Lexus Enform problems

Well, my technical "expertise"has gotten me in trouble again!!
I downloaded the Enform and Enform app suite 2.0 onto my Iphone 6. So far, so good. Then I went to the car, (19 NX) and attempted to set up the audio system on the car. I screwed up something so bad along the way that I keep getting screen that says I need to update some damned thing or another, but when I OK the update it keeps telling me there is an error in the system and to try later. This has been the situation for the last 3 days--
I am at the point where I am so confused, I have no confidence that I didn't screw up the entire system. I have NO idea what to do and where to go to start to repair the damage I did.
What I would like to do is to remove (delete) the apps from my phone, remove (delete) the complete Enform platform from the car, and start from scratch. I know I can delete the apps from my phone with no problem,but I have no idea how (or even IF) I can delete the car's program.
I was never particularly enthused about Enform and the app suite 2.0 even before I attempted to set it up, but I thought I'd give it a try. Now, all I want is to be able to delete EVERYTHING and start over by going to the dealer and have them set it up!
I'm sure the audio system in the car is top notch, and the problems I have are my fault, but I now am SO daunted by it that I'm afraid to try anything!!
SO--here's my plan. I would appreciate it if one of you guys can tell me IF I can delete the program in the audio system. If so, HOW???
Then I will delete the apps in the phone. (I think I can handle deleting the apps on the phone all by myself, lol).

This SHOULD bring me back to square one, with no apps on the phone or on the audio system. Then I will go to the dealer"s tech advisor and throw myself at his feet and ask him to set it up for me.
I'm sure all you techies will get a big laugh at my situation, but from my perspective, it's pretty upsetting!
Thanks in advance for helping.
Jay
PS don't fall off the chair laughing at me,please!!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
Old 11-24-18 | 07:08 AM
JNI
Driver

The setting you are looking for is "Delete Personal Data" in the general settings menu. This will revert everything in the car to like new (radio presets, saved destinations, paired phones, etc.)
You might not have done anything wrong, there has been a lot of complaints about downloading the most recent update in NXs.
The following users liked this post:
jaybarbara (11-24-18)
Old 11-24-18 | 09:54 AM
jaybarbara
Rookie

Thanks a lot!!! It makes me feel less like a luddite!! I was about ready to sign up in the pre-kindergarten in my local school!!! lol
I think I managed to get this all set up, but I still have some doubts as to exactly how this will make my life better!!!
I'm from the old school, it's tough to let the idea that a car is both necessary for traveling and fun to drive go! This thing makes me feel like i'm still in school!
I've had it since Sept 15 and I'm finally starting to feel like I'm ahead of the curve as far as the tech is concerned! I have to admit, the safety features are really a step forward; that one thing alone was worth trading up!
Thanks again.
Jay
Old 11-25-18 | 05:44 PM
Roscol
Pit Crew

Been having same issue with iPhone 8. Working fine since taking possession of NX in June, then 2 months ago, message to update appears on screen, every time I try, gives “application download error”. Wait a few days, then it works.
But now, every week for last month, it’s doing the same, asking for update, then giving error.
Its my only complaint about this vehicle. Enform 2.0 is useless, period!
Old 11-29-18 | 07:32 PM
creation1
Driver School Candidate

Default Ipod not working after using Scout GPS

I used the Scout GPS app when I first got the car and it sucked...so I continued using Google maps on my phone - until today. After all these updates to Enform - which was also a pain in the *** to do because of all the error msgs - I thought I'd give it a try...did the "moving maps" option etc. It was fine until I tried playing music from my ipod again and The music does not play! The ipod is connected via USB and shows the songs in the display but when I press play nothing. I can only listen to music via BT from my phone. When I try to change modes..radio, BT etc, it doesn't even give me the "My ipod" option anymore. I deleted the Scout GPS app from my phone..hoping it would revert to my old settings but nothing changed. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Also, if u plug in my phone to charge, it gives me my iPhone option to play music but still not ipod option as before. I regret trying the GPS