NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

why my NX200t will be my last

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-19, 11:24 AM
nx200tbwb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
It is, the fact that its not to your taste doesn't mean it isn't a superior vehicle to the NX. Its superior in many ways, and many if not all of your quality issues are solved in the RX.

The RX by the way is also a FWD vehicle.
yes, judging by its price, its way superior. Anyways, to each his own.
Old 02-01-19, 11:26 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,962 Posts

If you dislike your NX that much, you should just trade it on something that you enjoy.
Old 02-01-19, 11:27 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

User interface is not your cup of tea, normal.
Poor design choices fair enough
The engine and torque steer....its a FWD biased Awd system normal.

I think BMW is the way for sure for your issues. I suggest you do research on a used X4 maintenance costs, maybe lease a new one. In addition get extended seat time in similar MY BMW (they also tend to go by build date on how options work so mid year things can change).

At the price point the NX comes in at, its tradeoff. Not putting the blame on your complaints, but I would check the competitors in the same price range before I decide that the Lexus is incapable of making a proper entry CUV
Old 02-03-19, 06:42 AM
ukrkoz
Racer

Received 225 Likes on 202 Posts

How easy it is to, hiding behind faceless internet, tell someone - go trade, get whatever. Every operation of such nature is financial loss to owner. And it's not few hundred bucks, it's thousands.
It'll make my day, when I shall see post like this: Hey, OP, I understand your concerns. Why don't you determine exactly what is that makes you happy vehicle wise, and I shall cover the costs of you trading in your car and obtaining that other one? I'll be glad to oblige
Any volunteers? Surely, Lexus bunch has plenty of means, right?
Old 02-03-19, 08:34 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ukrkoz
How easy it is to, hiding behind faceless internet, tell someone - go trade, get whatever. Every operation of such nature is financial loss to owner. And it's not few hundred bucks, it's thousands.
It'll make my day, when I shall see post like this: Hey, OP, I understand your concerns. Why don't you determine exactly what is that makes you happy vehicle wise, and I shall cover the costs of you trading in your car and obtaining that other one? I'll be glad to oblige
Any volunteers? Surely, Lexus bunch has plenty of means, right?
Which is why people need to approach the purchase of a car with more care than they do. Take extended test drives, keep one for a day or overnight. People walk into the dealer, drive a car for 10 minutes with a salesman talking their ear off, and buy it...its foolish. No car company can design a car that will delight everyone.

With that said, life is too short to drive something you dislike if you're somebody who enjoys cars. At some point, if you're that unhappy you should just swallow the loss and trade it in. I've done that multiple times in my life, in fact I cheaped out and bought a 2015 LS460 low on options, and I hated that I didn't have the options and things I wanted so I traded it on a better optioned new 2017 LS460L. I lost a lot of money, but I'm happy driving around every day. Learned a lesson, option a car right the first time.
Old 02-03-19, 08:44 AM
ross7777
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Which is why people need to approach the purchase of a car with more care than they do. Take extended test drives, keep one for a day or overnight. People walk into the dealer, drive a car for 10 minutes with a salesman talking their ear off, and buy it...its foolish. No car company can design a car that will delight everyone.

With that said, life is too short to drive something you dislike if you're somebody who enjoys cars. At some point, if you're that unhappy you should just swallow the loss and trade it in. I've done that multiple times in my life, in fact I cheaped out and bought a 2015 LS460 low on options, and I hated that I didn't have the options and things I wanted so I traded it on a better optioned new 2017 LS460L. I lost a lot of money, but I'm happy driving around every day. Learned a lesson, option a car right the first time.
Agreed. The car I had before the NX was a used base G37X. I loved the way it drove so much I bought it the same day without trying anything else. Turns out it’s not a practical car for two kids.....I also realized too late it didn’t even have Bluetooth audio. 50k miles later I was done. I wanted a loaded SUV.

I test drove nearly a dozen vehicles before buying the NX. Nothing is perfect but it met all my needs at the price I wanted to pay.
Old 02-03-19, 11:43 AM
tincan13
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a 2017 NX200t a couple of weeks ago. I traded in a 2013 RX350 for it. Granted, the NX200t does not have all the options, plushness, nor the soft ride of the RX350 -- I prefer the handling and stiffer ride of the NX200t. But, neither did the RX350 have everything that was in the RX350. The two things I do NOT like about the NX200t are the placement of the start / off button and the seat selection button under the door arm rest. I looked at several comparably sized/priced SUVs -- Mercedes Benz GLA-250, BMW X1, Audi Q3 and Q5 2.0t, Toyota RAV4. The NX200t was the car that matched the most of the important items on my "laundry list" and so I purchased the NX200t. My advice to you is make a "laundry list" of what is important to you, check out a number of cars in your price range, check off the items on your list, and go with that one.
Old 02-03-19, 12:42 PM
ross7777
Lead Lap

Yes the memory seat button placement is dumb but after linking the settings to our remotes we don’t touch them anymore.
Old 02-03-19, 01:09 PM
tincan13
Driver

Originally Posted by ross7777
Yes the memory seat button placement is dumb but after linking the settings to our remotes we don’t touch them anymore.
I didn't know they could be linked to the remote. As I said, we just got the car and are still unfamiliar with all the settings. My wife and I both drive the car and each of us has a different seat setting and must set the seat position using the buttons when we enter the car. Can you tell me how to link the setting to the remote? Thanx in advance.
Old 02-03-19, 01:50 PM
ross7777
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tincan13
I didn't know they could be linked to the remote. As I said, we just got the car and are still unfamiliar with all the settings. My wife and I both drive the car and each of us has a different seat setting and must set the seat position using the buttons when we enter the car. Can you tell me how to link the setting to the remote? Thanx in advance.
I don’t recall off the top of my head. I had to check the manual. You have to keep one remote in the vehicle at a time and hold down one of the buttons in the car. After you do that for both remotes, when you unlock the door with the remote it will use the settings tied to the remote.
Old 03-30-19, 10:02 AM
ssn571
Driver School Candidate

Just bought a NX in November. I agree with a lot of what you say, however, in the balance, we really like the car. Ah, the price we pay for being hopelessly middle-class trying to hit the big times. One thing I don't agree with is the sunroof size....we were glad it was smaller.
Old 03-30-19, 06:41 PM
MKenM
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

SW17LS you speak from experience based on everything but owning a NX as you don't show it in your signature. So your experience doesn't count here (no offense intended) My RC far and away is a much better car as were ES's previously owned. I do hate the touchpad and the fact that Toyota's infotainment electronics are just short of archaic. I would never buy another Lexus SUV they are over rated. I'll go back to Mercedes or BMW or maybe explore a new Lincoln SUV. No more Toyota's for me (except for my RC)
Old 03-30-19, 08:33 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MKenM
SW17LS you speak from experience based on everything but owning a NX as you don't show it in your signature. So your experience doesn't count here (no offense intended) My RC far and away is a much better car as were ES's previously owned. I do hate the touchpad and the fact that Toyota's infotainment electronics are just short of archaic. I would never buy another Lexus SUV they are over rated. I'll go back to Mercedes or BMW or maybe explore a new Lincoln SUV. No more Toyota's for me (except for my RC)
I have not owned an NX, but I have driven them several times. Your RC and your previous ES sedans were built to a higher standard than your NX. If you drive other entry level luxury SUVs in the segment, the NX is very comparable (I.e. none of them are terribly nice)
Old 04-01-19, 05:10 AM
Torii
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

well in a few years maybe we will all be driving electric cars
Old 04-01-19, 07:45 AM
crankshaft
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Torii
well in a few years maybe we will all be driving electric cars
Oh yeah! Gas prices will plummet!