NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Confirm if non fsport to fsport possible? Parts required

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-19 | 11:49 AM
doodoo
Pole Position

Default Confirm if non fsport to fsport possible? Parts required

Hello, I tried digging around and searching through forum with no clear answer besides the Non US version. I am looking to get a non fsport nx 2016. I would like to do a front conversion to fsport. I understand a new front bumper, grille, grille trim, lower silver valence (bumper guard), foglights. what else is needed to make this possible? Some parts can be reused such as parking sensors and emblem. I saw there was a member in California but they let the bodyshop handle ordering parts and doing all the work. Any info or sources would be greatly appreciated. Maybe there are some members who have attempted to do this now and have more input. Thank you
Old 03-20-19 | 04:28 PM
dacommitte
Rookie

Why just not get the F-Sport period? Seems like a lot of work and maybe you'll end up spending more on parts and labor to get the F-sport front end.
Old 03-21-19 | 10:02 AM
doodoo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dacommitte
Why just not get the F-Sport period? Seems like a lot of work and maybe you'll end up spending more on parts and labor to get the F-sport front end.
I prefer the ride and seats of the non fsport. Also some options such as ventilated seats aren't available in fsport until 2018.
Old 03-21-19 | 10:17 AM
dacommitte
Rookie

As the owner of a 15 NX Fsport I agree. I am not a fan of the seats either. I've never driven the base model so I can't speak for that but even after getting bigger tires and lowering the PSI on them the ride quality is still not the greatest on it. 65K miles later and I still love it though.
Old 05-09-19 | 11:41 AM
NxTGen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by doodoo
Hello, I tried digging around and searching through forum with no clear answer besides the Non US version. I am looking to get a non fsport nx 2016. I would like to do a front conversion to fsport. I understand a new front bumper, grille, grille trim, lower silver valence (bumper guard), foglights. what else is needed to make this possible? Some parts can be reused such as parking sensors and emblem. I saw there was a member in California but they let the bodyshop handle ordering parts and doing all the work. Any info or sources would be greatly appreciated. Maybe there are some members who have attempted to do this now and have more input. Thank you
Not sure if you're still interested in doing this but I did PM the guy who did this conversion and it cost him in excess of 3K. I've done some digging around and actually found what really needs to be done to make this happen. I will be trying this myself either this summer or next spring depending on funds and such. You'll need what is stated above but the under tray will need to be replaced as well as the front crash bar brackets as they are different from the F-sport to non F-sport models. THE only thing I am unsure of at this point is the front crash sensors as the crash bar brackets seem to be significantly longer on the F-sport. With this being said I found a relatively inexpensive route thru IKON motorsports. I called them and asked them about their F-sport front bumper conversion kit they sell for $700 with everything but the fog lights and such included, they said they should be producing more kits in the coming month and to keep checking back on their website for it to repopulate or give them a phone call. Let me know what you think or if anyone has any other input on this subject.
Also found another company but have not made contact with them. seems almost identical to IKON
https://www.altecdevelopment.com/col...-conversion-pp

F-Sport (see number 19)

(Non) F-sport (see number 22)

Last edited by NxTGen; 05-09-19 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-10-19 | 01:20 PM
kukudm
Pit Crew

Possible. I like the seats of base model better. F sport model seats felt little too hard. Suspension is more sporty on the F sport, may or may not be a good thing. I personally like the ride to be more compliant to the crappy streets in my area, ie soaking up the bumps and potholes
Old 05-10-19 | 04:17 PM
gilrebel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NxTGen
Not sure if you're still interested in doing this but I did PM the guy who did this conversion and it cost him in excess of 3K. I've done some digging around and actually found what really needs to be done to make this happen. I will be trying this myself either this summer or next spring depending on funds and such. You'll need what is stated above but the under tray will need to be replaced as well as the front crash bar brackets as they are different from the F-sport to non F-sport models. THE only thing I am unsure of at this point is the front crash sensors as the crash bar brackets seem to be significantly longer on the F-sport. With this being said I found a relatively inexpensive route thru IKON motorsports. I called them and asked them about their F-sport front bumper conversion kit they sell for $700 with everything but the fog lights and such included, they said they should be producing more kits in the coming month and to keep checking back on their website for it to repopulate or give them a phone call. Let me know what you think or if anyone has any other input on this subject.
Also found another company but have not made contact with them. seems almost identical to IKON
https://www.altecdevelopment.com/col...-conversion-pp

F-Sport (see number 19)

(Non) F-sport (see number 22)
IKON Motorsports Yelp Reviews... Wow better check it out closely before you order.
The following users liked this post:
NxTGen (05-10-19)
Old 05-10-19 | 05:29 PM
NxTGen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gilrebel
IKON Motorsports Yelp Reviews... Wow better check it out closely before you order.
Good looking out, Only reason I would consider trying it out or posting it is the cost effectiveness side of it. I did message them via eBay yesterday and they got back to me right away saying it may be 2-3 months but they're not sure when it would even be back in stock. Would definitely air on the side of caution. Worst case if you do buy from them use a credit card and if there's any problem with getting the wrong parts or returning it I would most certainly be disputing the purchase. Best case scenario you find a decent used bumper from a wrecked NX that hasn't been compromised in the front.