Search this Thread

Old 03-22-19, 08:17 AM
slypx
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Exclamation Lexus OEM DashCam - SD card info

Hi All

Just a quick info on the microSD card capacity:

If you want to add additional capacity to your recordings and achieves in your Lexus OEM dash cam by changing the OEM 8 Gb supplied MicroSD card, the system doesn't accept more than 32 Gb card capacity.
This information is nowhere to be found in the Canadian version of the online or hard cover user guide
Got the info after reaching out to my dealer and Lexus Canada as I wanted to use a 128 Gb card and the system refuse to work
Got a 32 Gb this morning, formatted the card into the required format (FAT32) and it worked like a charm, adding 4x the capacity of archives on the card before achieving it on my computer when needed
The following users liked this post:
Sn0ball (07-10-24)
Old 03-22-19, 09:28 AM
codenko
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting. I didn't even know Lexus offered a dash cam...looks like a chinese rebrand though. I went with Blackvue DR750s on my wife's NX and I've been pretty pleased with the results.
Sn0ball (07-10-24)
Old 03-22-19, 11:31 AM
slypx
Driver

Originally Posted by codenko
...looks like a chinese rebrand though....
Wrong ... The product is from the worldwide company Fujitsu and not from an obscured Chinese company. Of course it was rebranded on the surface with a Lexus logo but we can see the Fujitsu name, model, etc... (see pictures below)
It has great features, a great app to connect thru wifi (it has his own hotspot) from am mobile device and a great desktop (Mac and PC) app too

It's available here in Canada, it's hard wired and fully guaranteed for the standard 4 years Lexus warranty - Got mine for free in the buying deal with 4 years of warranty, can't beat that deal

Quick facts on the dash cam can be found here : http://www.e-iserv.jp/top/driverecor...df?da=20170927

Lexus marketing video of the dash cam can be viewed here

Brand, model and Lexus part #

Last edited by slypx; 03-22-19 at 02:28 PM.
Sn0ball (07-10-24)
Old 03-22-19, 01:58 PM
yvan_es350
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sly, C'est quoi le module à gauche de la DashCam? As tu d'autre photos que tu pourrais montrer plus de détails? J'aimerais comparer la grosseur de la caméra à comparer avec le miroir vue de face. Merci
Old 03-22-19, 02:24 PM
slypx
Driver

Originally Posted by yvan_es350
Sly, C'est quoi le module à gauche de la DashCam? As tu d'autre photos que tu pourrais montrer plus de détails? J'aimerais comparer la grosseur de la caméra à comparer avec le miroir vue de face. Merci
Hi Yvan, it's 2 X 3 inches in size.... (See pics) and left to the dash cam it's the long range antenna for the aftermarket remote starter and left of the antenna it's the humidity sensor

Sn0ball (07-10-24)
Old 03-22-19, 02:45 PM
yvan_es350
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Merci Sly. I may buy it. The Camera price listed on Lexus.ca is $581CDN. Wonder how much rebate I could get from the dealer ?
Old 07-05-20, 11:50 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 56 Posts

Would someone post a part number?

Thanks,
Randy B
Old 07-06-20, 02:48 AM
slypx
Driver

Originally Posted by Randy B
Would someone post a part number?

Thanks,
Randy B
Hi Randy
In one of my pictures above where you see a lot of numbers, the portion « PK6A3-33HL0 » is the part number
The following 2 users liked this post by slypx:
Randy B (07-06-20), Sn0ball (07-10-24)
Old 07-06-20, 08:41 AM
End1ess
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

is the OEM DashCam uses micro USB power? I wonder if I can get power from the OEM dashcam for other brands?
Old 07-06-20, 09:39 AM
slypx
Driver

Originally Posted by End1ess
is the OEM DashCam uses micro USB power? I wonder if I can get power from the OEM dashcam for other brands?
From what I see on mine, it’s hardwired and power might be coming from behind the mirror
Sn0ball (07-10-24)
Old 07-06-20, 02:44 PM
End1ess
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

That's what I am trying to do tap power from the mirror to make it a bit more clean look. I am current running a wire from the passenger side to the armrest USB.
Sn0ball (07-10-24)
Old 07-07-20, 08:52 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I have a 3rd party dashcam powered by usb. It was fairly easy to tuck the usb cable under the roof liner, down the passenger pillar, under the the glove compartment, then under the edge of the center console then up and into the center console.

After I did mine, it was easy to do my wife's IS250, then daughter's RX350. While it would certainly be convenient for manufacturers to offer a usb plug up there, I was able to achieve a fairly clean look (surprising for my clumsy hands).
Old 02-07-21, 10:24 PM
Choezin
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Post How to use a 128GB microSDXC card in the Lexus DashCam

Originally Posted by slypx
Hi All

Just a quick info on the microSD card capacity:

If you want to add additional capacity to your recordings and achieves in your Lexus OEM dash cam by changing the OEM 8 Gb supplied MicroSD card, the system doesn't accept more than 32 Gb card capacity.
This information is nowhere to be found in the Canadian version of the online or hard cover user guide
Got the info after reaching out to my dealer and Lexus Canada as I wanted to use a 128 Gb card and the system refuse to work
Got a 32 Gb this morning, formatted the card into the required format (FAT32) and it worked like a charm, adding 4x the capacity of archives on the card before achieving it on my computer when needed
I managed to use a 128GB microSDXC card in the Lexus DashCam. Here is how I did it in case anyone is interested.
  1. Used a
    SanDisk High Endurance Card 128GB microSDXC card SanDisk High Endurance Card 128GB microSDXC card
    designed for dash cams. Bought on
    Amazon Amazon
    for CDN$ 26.38
  2. Formatted the SanDisk card to FAT32 (it comes pre formatted to EXFAT, however that format does not work in the Lexus DashCam in my experience)
  3. Copied all the files from the original 8GB card that came with the DashCam to the new SanDisk card
  4. Inserted the new Sandisk card in the Lexus DashCam (N.B. ignition must be off and DashCam powered off while inserting or removing the SD Card).
  5. Green light turned on the DashCam and blinked for about a minute before it went solid and the camera beeps to indicate ready status
  6. Thats it now I have 128GB available to store DashCam Videos. I've tried it and it works fine so far. If I experience any problems I'll update here.
The following 2 users liked this post by Choezin:
gamma742 (02-09-21), vraa (02-09-21)
Old 02-18-22, 10:44 AM
ngfriend
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interested in purchasing oem Lexus dashcam

Originally Posted by slypx
Wrong ... The product is from the worldwide company Fujitsu and not from an obscured Chinese company. Of course it was rebranded on the surface with a Lexus logo but we can see the Fujitsu name, model, etc... (see pictures below)
It has great features, a great app to connect thru wifi (it has his own hotspot) from am mobile device and a great desktop (Mac and PC) app too

It's available here in Canada, it's hard wired and fully guaranteed for the standard 4 years Lexus warranty - Got mine for free in the buying deal with 4 years of warranty, can't beat that deal

Quick facts on the dash cam can be found here : http://www.e-iserv.jp/top/driverecor...df?da=20170927

Lexus marketing video of the dash cam can be viewed here https://youtu.be/DJeVaNgU7uY

Brand, model and Lexus part #
I was wondering what is the year make and model of your Lexus? I have a 2019 Lexus es300H and I live in Los Angeles and they don't have this dashcam in stock. However, they have this dashcam in Canada. I'm kinda doing some research to see if there is any difference from the Canadian version and US version? I think one of the moderators said there was no difference and it should work fine.
Old 12-06-23, 09:39 AM
2023RX350PP
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Choezin
I managed to use a 128GB microSDXC card in the Lexus DashCam. Here is how I did it in case anyone is interested.
  1. Used a
    SanDisk High Endurance Card 128GB microSDXC card SanDisk High Endurance Card 128GB microSDXC card
    designed for dash cams. Bought on
    Amazon Amazon
    for CDN$ 26.38
  2. Formatted the SanDisk card to FAT32 (it comes pre formatted to EXFAT, however that format does not work in the Lexus DashCam in my experience)
  3. Copied all the files from the original 8GB card that came with the DashCam to the new SanDisk card
  4. Inserted the new Sandisk card in the Lexus DashCam (N.B. ignition must be off and DashCam powered off while inserting or removing the SD Card).
  5. Green light turned on the DashCam and blinked for about a minute before it went solid and the camera beeps to indicate ready status
  6. Thats it now I have 128GB available to store DashCam Videos. I've tried it and it works fine so far. If I experience any problems I'll update here.
Thank you for the instructions. I was missing the step to reformat the SD card to FAT32. The new 128GB card is now working.