NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

2019 Lexus NX 300 Audio Build - Helix, Audison, Focal

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-19, 05:24 AM
Torii
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

that umik 1 mic is perfect for using rew software. https://www.roomeqwizard.com/
The following users liked this post:
NipponCDN (07-10-19)
Old 07-10-19, 09:25 AM
mps2220
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by NipponCDN
The PAC APH-TY02 interface adapter arrived today. Wasn’t sure it would work on the 2019 but after matching things up it seems it will - too bad Lexus and PAC use opposite numbers for their pins....

I wish I found this before I chopped my wires
NipponCDN (07-11-19)
Old 07-16-19, 02:09 AM
NipponCDN
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Finished the installation without any blow fuses or unexpected puffs of smoke

Misson accomplished, did not cut one factory wire thanks to running my own speaker wires and the harness above. When it comes time to be removed all that will be left is the sound deadening.

Now the real time consuming part, tuning the system. Going to watch a bunch of tutorials and between the HELIX software and REW I should end up with an awesome sounding system.

Plug and play harness before wiring

Installed and all looks pretty much factory.

All the speakers are in, pillars came out pretty sweet.

Power distribution under the seats.

Amps just fit, will add a fan later if there are any issues with over heating.
Old 07-25-19, 01:45 AM
Rozay604
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Are u running active? also fyi those amps get really hot. I remember they had a fan kit for these amps when i use to run them.
Old 07-27-19, 05:04 PM
NipponCDN
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rozay604
Are u running active? also fyi those amps get really hot. I remember they had a fan kit for these amps when i use to run them.
System is fully active. So far no heat issues, knock on wood.
Old 03-08-20, 05:18 PM
NipponCDN
Driver School Candidate

I was asked how to get at the amp. This post is useful - enjoy

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...nk-panels.html

Old 04-11-20, 11:35 PM
MattNXF
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

As with many, I have not been impressed with the factory system nor with the ML system that I could have selected upon purchase (I am in Japan) so I have been piecing together the system for my NX over the past few months and gathering the information needed to do so. Almost all the gear is in, waiting on the Helix DSP.3 and minidsp microphone for the RTA function, then build will start in July.

I'll document my steps here for others to reference in the future. Have a look at the design and, if you have any advice for me, I am all ears.

Customization points:

1. Tweeters will be in custom-built A-pillars covered in black Alcantara.
2. Dash speakers will be trimmed to fit in the factory locations (2 mounting tabs removed)
3. Doors will be fully dampened and speakers mounted with Alpine KTX-Y171HD adapters plus RKFR6 fast rings.
4. Helix DSP.3 and Audison amplifiers to be installed under the rear seats.
5. Subwoofer to be in a small sealed box in the hatch that can be moved to under the false floor when space is needed (I play hockey and golf ).
6. URC.3 remote to be installed in the small pocket above the factory radio for remote subwoofer control and other functions.
7. All speakers will have new 14 gauge wiring with exception of the front right dash to be ran through the telematics unit for hands-free.
8. Use PAC APH-TY02 amp-speaker connection interface - I want to be able to return this system back to factory condition when I sell it off so this allows me to leave all factory wiring intact and system removal plug-n-play.
Does your Lexus NX have the 10.3" display with NAV? I was looking into using this harness, but their website said it doesn't work with the 2018 Lexus NX 300 with navigation system.

Using this harness, did you only lose the audio navigation notifications??

Thanks

Matt
Old 04-12-20, 05:04 PM
NipponCDN
Driver School Candidate

Mine is the newer system and it works fine. Just have to be careful wiring it up as the labeling is different. See above in my post for details. Still have Ann the Navi commands etc.
MattNXF (04-12-20)
Old 04-16-20, 01:00 AM
kimsia
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi NipponCDN,

Would you mind to share how and where you put the sub in the system, I wanna have the idea how to utitlize the space bcos I do cycling.

Cheers
Old 04-16-20, 01:02 AM
NipponCDN
Driver School Candidate

I don’t have a spare tire so it’s in there under the false floor.
Old 04-16-20, 11:53 AM
mps2220
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by kimsia
Hi NipponCDN,

Would you mind to share how and where you put the sub in the system, I wanna have the idea how to utitlize the space bcos I do cycling.

Cheers

Old 04-20-20, 02:25 AM
NipponCDN
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mps2220
I don’t have a spare so it is there:

Old 04-22-20, 09:14 PM
kimsia
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to both of you, NipponCDN and mps2220, for sharing the idea..
Old 04-28-20, 01:30 PM
MattNXF
Rookie

As with many, I have not been impressed with the factory system nor with the ML system that I could have selected upon purchase (I am in Japan) so I have been piecing together the system for my NX over the past few months and gathering the information needed to do so. Almost all the gear is in, waiting on the Helix DSP.3 and minidsp microphone for the RTA function, then build will start in July.

I'll document my steps here for others to reference in the future. Have a look at the design and, if you have any advice for me, I am all ears.

Customization points:

1. Tweeters will be in custom-built A-pillars covered in black Alcantara.
2. Dash speakers will be trimmed to fit in the factory locations (2 mounting tabs removed)
3. Doors will be fully dampened and speakers mounted with Alpine KTX-Y171HD adapters plus RKFR6 fast rings.
4. Helix DSP.3 and Audison amplifiers to be installed under the rear seats.
5. Subwoofer to be in a small sealed box in the hatch that can be moved to under the false floor when space is needed (I play hockey and golf ).
6. URC.3 remote to be installed in the small pocket above the factory radio for remote subwoofer control and other functions.
7. All speakers will have new 14 gauge wiring with exception of the front right dash to be ran through the telematics unit for hands-free.
8. Use PAC APH-TY02 amp-speaker connection interface - I want to be able to return this system back to factory condition when I sell it off so this allows me to leave all factory wiring intact and system removal plug-n-play.
Can you elaborate by what you meant, "exception of the front right dash speaker to be ran through the telematics unit for hands-free." What wires are you leaving connected on the OEM amplifier to keep the hands free telematics?
Old 04-28-20, 01:41 PM
MattNXF
Rookie

Round 2 today at the left side - goals were:

1. Run 4 guage power wire down the left side
2. Run URC control cable
3. Run left hand side speaker wires - 14 guage x3

Well I thought it would take 2-3 hours.....was so kidding myself.

Lexux, um Toyota, thanks for making access through the firewall next to impossible to reach without disassembling the car. About 5 cuts later and a lot of cussing I was able. I don’t care how much a pro charges you to do this job, its worth every penny!

Behind the glove box on the left side, Japan spec car, had to take these off to access the hole to the engine bay.....grrrr

This is the access behind the last picture. There is a hole provided to run wire on the right where my blue lead wire is, problem is the other side is sealed and impossible to access without blood loss..

The other side. Had to take photos with the phone to see what I was doing, you cannot see in here!

Inside the cabin - ran the 4 guage from inside to the engine bay. Lots of 4 letter words used...

Tucked the power wire low and on the floor - above and to the left is the 3 speaker wires and URC cable (wrapped in cloth tape) that fit nicely into a channel available.

The tweeter pods are looking sweet, the Alcantara adds a bit more luxury to the dash.
When you were using the laser tweeter aiming tool for the a-pillars, what point in the car did you choose to aim the laser at to mount the direction of the tweeters?

Quick Reply: 2019 Lexus NX 300 Audio Build - Helix, Audison, Focal