NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

2021 nx

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-20, 06:28 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
I’m aware of those articles, but they are mere speculation. I have also seen speculative articles in the other direction. With Lexus still mum on this in June when they should begin switching over production, it just seems unlikely. Since the names were only recently trademarked, the plug-in version could also come later in the product lifecycle. We will have to wait and see. I hope you are right, but the timing is way off. If you recall, the NX was introduced in April of 2014. I realize things are different or delayed this year with Covid-19, but for that same reason they may not get in a hurry to release a new model. All speculation and we will have to wait and see.

There is also the discussion that Lexus will begin producing NXs at their Ontario factory in 2021. This may factor into when they launch the next version. Retooling a production line sounds like a good time to fit that line for the next generation. Again, just idle speculation in the absence of any official news.
Old 06-17-20, 09:50 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by emtam
I'm really disappointed with Lexus. 2021 and still using the same engine from 2006? Come on. The IS needs a redesign, not a refresh. And then they axed the GS. Ugh.
That's how the Japanese make their cars so reliable, small changes. Unfortunately for the Japanese, the Germans have come a long way in reliability, VW and Porsche are a close second to Lexus, We always have a German and a Japanese car in my household, the German use to drive better and the Japanese car was more reliable but our newest editions of a Lexus and VW are closer than ever before when it comes to driving dynamic and reliability.
Old 06-17-20, 06:05 PM
garbo
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a youtube video discussing the 2022 NX. There has been much discussion about 4 or 5 different engine types. I have a 2015 RX350 and would consider the 2023 NX if it is really remodeled and not just refreshed. Then again I would love to see the next gen RX350. The Toyota Venza is very nice looking but we will see.

Old 06-20-20, 10:27 AM
theoryguy3
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The design is meh

Last edited by theoryguy3; 06-21-20 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-20-20, 07:52 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 318 Likes on 248 Posts

I use to be an Honda and Acura customer. For example, I had '14 TL and around 94K miles the cat starting showing up. It was also a timing belt not timing chain. I'm now also a Lexus member with 2 cars. Acura has been more focusing on styling, sportiness and performance but forgot about reliability lately.
Old 07-11-20, 04:45 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Anyone hear when the 21 NX will be out, and if it may be a short run with a redesign of the 22 NX? Or I could hope and the 21 NX will be a redesign with a late intro.
Old 07-11-20, 01:39 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Could this be the new 2021 Lexus NX-S (where "S" is for sedan)? 🤣 ...

2021 Lexus NX-S ("S" for sedan) 😉
Old 09-19-20, 08:48 AM
IS350USB
Driver

Received 63 Likes on 26 Posts

Can't wait to see the new NX!

Last edited by IS350USB; 09-19-20 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Wrong thread
Old 10-18-20, 09:37 AM
webra
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
That's how the Japanese make their cars so reliable, small changes. Unfortunately for the Japanese, the Germans have come a long way in reliability, VW and Porsche are a close second to Lexus, We always have a German and a Japanese car in my household, the German use to drive better and the Japanese car was more reliable but our newest editions of a Lexus and VW are closer than ever before when it comes to driving dynamic and reliability.
My German is not a VW but otherwise I have the same experience as you.
Old 10-18-20, 11:12 AM
my95tsi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2022 will be refresh

Last edited by my95tsi; 10-18-20 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-18-20, 01:11 PM
jer
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by my95tsi
2022 will be refresh
I thought the 2022 would be an entirely new model on a new platform?
Old 10-19-20, 06:45 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by garbo
Here is a youtube video discussing the 2022 NX. There has been much discussion about 4 or 5 different engine types. I have a 2015 RX350 and would consider the 2023 NX if it is really remodeled and not just refreshed. Then again I would love to see the next gen RX350. The Toyota Venza is very nice looking but we will see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1srGPwi-5I
In typical Lexus fashion, the headlights and grille are uglier, I get dizzy just looking at the grille. The rear is a toss up, not better looking but not uglier, side profiles are almost the same as the currently model. Look for the big improvements in the interior, I hope Lexus do not make the NX's interior look like the RX. Why must Lexus designers have to design their cars more and more radical looking? The classic Lexus is no more.
Old 10-20-20, 12:58 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,014 Likes on 693 Posts

Originally Posted by TechNut
Agreed. There has been absolutely nothing to suggest there will be a new NX model in 2021. The good news is that there are now numerous solid competitors in the compact luxury market. Frankly, the RAV4 is a good looking crossover and a solid alternative.
For several years I had thought about moving on from my aging 2005 GX. I have no need for a vehicle that is that big, and I thought that it would be nice to have newer technology and better fuel efficiency. But the GX had been such a dependable vehicle that I couldn't bring myself to move on.

This fall, however, I realized that, before the winter hit, I was going to need new tires, a new battery, and an oil change and that new brakes and possibly suspension work were not going to be far behind. I decided that it didn't make sense to put thousands of dollars into a vehicle that was now worth less than $10,000.

The NX had some appeal to me, but I was hoping that a 2nd generation NX would appear. When that didn't happen I started to look at the RAV4, and, a few weeks ago, I bought a 2021 RAV4 Limited Hybrid.

I couldn't be happier. The RAV4 is a perfect size for me. It has at least as much technology as the newest and best-equipped Lexus models. The fits and finishes on my RAV4 are about as perfect as can be, and there is not a rattle or squeak anywhere in the vehicle. There is virtually no tire, wind, or engine noise that enters the nicely laid out cabin. The ride quality of the vehicle, is, for my tastes, excellent. And, for my first 3 fuel fill-ups, I've averaged between 45 and 46 miles per gallon.

If a next generation NX is based on the RAV4, it should come with a lot of appeal. In the mean time, I'll be more than pleased with my RAV4.
Old 10-20-20, 04:27 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
For several years I had thought about moving on from my aging 2005 GX. I have no need for a vehicle that is that big, and I thought that it would be nice to have newer technology and better fuel efficiency. But the GX had been such a dependable vehicle that I couldn't bring myself to move on.

This fall, however, I realized that, before the winter hit, I was going to need new tires, a new battery, and an oil change and that new brakes and possibly suspension work were not going to be far behind. I decided that it didn't make sense to put thousands of dollars into a vehicle that was now worth less than $10,000.

The NX had some appeal to me, but I was hoping that a 2nd generation NX would appear. When that didn't happen I started to look at the RAV4, and, a few weeks ago, I bought a 2021 RAV4 Limited Hybrid.

I couldn't be happier. The RAV4 is a perfect size for me. It has at least as much technology as the newest and best-equipped Lexus models. The fits and finishes on my RAV4 are about as perfect as can be, and there is not a rattle or squeak anywhere in the vehicle. There is virtually no tire, wind, or engine noise that enters the nicely laid out cabin. The ride quality of the vehicle, is, for my tastes, excellent. And, for my first 3 fuel fill-ups, I've averaged between 45 and 46 miles per gallon.

If a next generation NX is based on the RAV4, it should come with a lot of appeal. In the mean time, I'll be more than pleased with my RAV4.
That’s great news. Congrats on your new ride. I am growing a bit frustrated waiting for them to do anything with the NX, but I am trying to be patient. Compared to our 2019 ES, the NX just seems a bit noisy and bouncy. I will continue to wait but there are several models I will investigate when we are ready to move on, including the RAV4. When we purchased the NX, the primary competitor was the Acura RDX. We liked the appearance of the NX better and the fact that it was available as a hybrid sealed the deal.
Old 10-20-20, 05:48 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,014 Likes on 693 Posts

Originally Posted by TechNut
Compared to our 2019 ES, the NX just seems a bit noisy and bouncy.
My impression of the RAV4 ride is that it is much like that of an ES, except that, with higher profile tires, it is actually a bit less harsh than that of my 2017 ES. The RAV4 is never going to be a "canyon carver", but it has a very compliant ride quality without being, as you said, "bouncy".

Quick Reply: 2021 nx