NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Android auto coming to Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-20, 01:57 PM
tkhan84
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When I went for service last week my service advisor was not aware of an Android Auto update/retrofit coming to pre-2020 models, but didn't outright say it's not happening given that CarPlay did eventually come to older models.
Old 06-08-20, 07:37 PM
Krishprabz
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tkhan84
When I went for service last week my service advisor was not aware of an Android Auto update/retrofit coming to pre-2020 models, but didn't outright say it's not happening given that CarPlay did eventually come to older models.
i had the same comments from my service advisor as well last week.
Old 06-15-20, 10:24 AM
Jezza819
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This weekend I made my first lengthy trip using Android Auto for navigation and I have to say I really like it much better than the factory navigation. It was about 400 miles round trip with no interstate travel. I could see where if I was doing a lot of interstate driving I might miss the exit indicators on the factory system but other than that I really do like the way Android Auto works.
Old 06-15-20, 12:43 PM
End1ess
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

must be nice to have AA in your NX ah?
Old 06-16-20, 01:54 PM
Jezza819
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by End1ess
must be nice to have AA in your NX ah?
Ouch, sorry about that. My bad.
Old 07-03-20, 03:28 PM
tkhan84
Rookie

I sent an email to Lexus Canada inquiring about Android Auto coming to Canada for older model year NX, got the same response someone else posted earlier. My brother upgraded his iPhone recently and gave me his old one so I could use it for CarPlay, I just have to turn on WiFi hotspot on my Android phone when I get in the car.

We would like to take this opportunity to confirm that Android Auto is now available on certain 2020 model year vehicles. However, there are no plans to make Android Auto available for vehicles that were not equipped with this option at time of manufacturing.

We would also like to inform you that Lexus Canada and Lexus Australia are two separate entities; therefore, vehicle information and options are different. For details on the options available for Canadian vehicles, we kindly suggest visiting our website at www.lexus.ca.

We understand, however, that it is not always possible to meet the expectations of all guests. Therefore, we always appreciate receiving comments like yours, as this is how we can make improvements if necessary.
The following users liked this post:
corinvest (07-04-20)
Old 07-04-20, 08:58 AM
End1ess
Pit Crew

yes, same here for Carplay the down side cannot use bluetooth making phone call.
Old 07-04-20, 05:55 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by End1ess
yes, same here for Carplay the down side cannot use bluetooth making phone call.
That must be an Android thing, yes? iPhone Bluetooth calls work well with CarPlay.
Old 07-04-20, 07:39 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

. .

Last edited by NXOwner; 07-04-20 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-05-20, 07:59 AM
tkhan84
Rookie

Originally Posted by NXOwner
That must be an Android thing, yes? iPhone Bluetooth calls work well with CarPlay.
I think the issue he's describing, which I have as well, is that using a spare iPhone with no data tethered to another phone with data prevents the other phone from connecting to the car by Bluetooth.
Old 07-06-20, 07:52 AM
End1ess
Pit Crew

yes, only allow one connection at a time USB or Bluetooth only. After awhile I gave up on Carplay just use my Android with Bluetooth. I am holding my breath for AA retrofit coming soon.
Old 08-23-20, 12:24 AM
JarlH
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Went by my local Toyota dealer last week (at whom I ordered and got my 2019NX300h) and asked about AndroidAuto update (I did show them screen dumps on the phone from the au. site) so they did some surfing on their computer and stated that the file to update my "10inch navigate plus" sound system weren't available yet but would be in a month or so. Shall return with more info when it's been installed.
corinvest (08-23-20)
Old 08-23-20, 08:03 AM
arf1410
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JarlH
Went by my local Toyota dealer last week (at whom I ordered and got my 2019NX300h) and asked about AndroidAuto update (I did show them screen dumps on the phone from the au. site) so they did some surfing on their computer and stated that the file to update my "10inch navigate plus" sound system weren't available yet but would be in a month or so. Shall return with more info when it's been installed.
is this in the USA, or Sweden? and any idea as to the source your dealer got this info from? ie a random google search or some official Lexus communication?
Old 08-23-20, 09:41 AM
JarlH
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by arf1410
is this in the USA, or Sweden? and any idea as to the source your dealer got this info from? ie a random google search or some official Lexus communication?
Sweden, (as my profile indicates), no I had no view of their screen content. They are licenced to work on Lexus cars,
https://www.lexus.se/retailers/lexus-service-vasteras/
so I would assume they were looking at official information. In any case I'll come back with news when I get it.
Old 09-04-20, 01:59 PM
arf1410
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tkhan84
I was speaking with Lexus Customer Care about an unrelated issue, and decided to ask the Android question while I had him on the line. He said he had an email dated Nov 2019, that stated the 2019 NX manufactured after Dec 2018, at the Tahara plant are able to update to Android Auto NOW. The ones manufactured at the Miyawika factory (unfortunately, mine) is not eligible. However, this info doesnt make much sense for a lot of reasons... but sharing anyway.
corinvest (09-04-20)

Quick Reply: Android auto coming to Lexus