NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Differences between NX300 LUXURY and NX300 + Premium, Nav Packages???

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-19, 02:04 PM
My450H
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Differences between NX300 LUXURY and NX300 + Premium, Nav Packages???

Hi All,

I'm looking to buy a 2020 NX.

I'm a little confused about the differences between (A) NX300 LUXURY and (B) NX300 regular + Premium, Nav Packages.

According the lexus.com, A is a trim with the Premium, Nav packages by default? Plus "a perforated leather–trimmed interior" that isn't available in B?

Are A and B one and the same? If not, what do I miss if I go with B?

Thanks.
Old 09-24-19, 02:14 PM
Bylan
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

This would be a great way to compare the differences between what is optional and what is standard for the Luxury and non-luxury models: https://www.lexus.com/compare
The biggest difference I see is the fact that the Luxury has a full leather interior, and the non-luxury can only be optioned with Nuluxe (synthetic leather) interior. Also the Luxury model w/navigation requires the Mark Levinson sound system and the non-luxury lets you choose Navigation with or without Mark Levinson.
The following users liked this post:
My450H (09-24-19)
Old 09-24-19, 02:20 PM
My450H
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bylan
This would be a great way to compare the differences between what is optional and what is standard for the Luxury and non-luxury models: https://www.lexus.com/compare
The biggest difference I see is the fact that the Luxury has a full leather interior, and the non-luxury can only be optioned with Nuluxe (synthetic leather) interior. Also the Luxury model w/navigation requires the Mark Levinson sound system and the non-luxury lets you choose Navigation with or without Mark Levinson.
Thank you so much Bylan.

I have used that Compare site and a couple others from specific dealers but a compared car doesn't have the Premium, Nav packages added as my questions pertain to.

Your info is very helpful. I'm going to do more research.
Old 09-24-19, 03:23 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 725 Likes on 531 Posts

I am not certain of current configurations, but the 2016 Luxury models also included rain-sensing wipers and the Premium+nav only has intermittent wipers. You would need to confirm if this is still the case.
My450H (09-24-19)
Old 09-24-19, 04:01 PM
Bylan
Pit Crew

The online configurator unfortunately lacks a lot of information when you build a luxury and a non-luxury w/nav and premium package. My research tells me that Luxury models includes all the extras that come in the Premium package, as well as: leather seats and steering wheel, wood-trim for the interior, a power liftgate, the rain sensing wipers, and a heated steering wheel. Most of these extras would be options on a non-luxury model. I believe the non-luxury NX300 with the premium package would include heated/ventilated seats and the Blind spot monitor with rear cross traffic alert. So you dont get the heated/ventilated seats and such with the luxury package, which seems odd because those are definitely luxury features (they are included in the comfort package).
My450H (09-24-19)
Old 09-24-19, 05:21 PM
My450H
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bylan
The online configurator unfortunately lacks a lot of information when you build a luxury and a non-luxury w/nav and premium package. My research tells me that Luxury models includes all the extras that come in the Premium package, as well as: leather seats and steering wheel, wood-trim for the interior, a power liftgate, the rain sensing wipers, and a heated steering wheel. Most of these extras would be options on a non-luxury model. I believe the non-luxury NX300 with the premium package would include heated/ventilated seats and the Blind spot monitor with rear cross traffic alert. So you dont get the heated/ventilated seats and such with the luxury package, which seems odd because those are definitely luxury features (they are included in the comfort package).
Hi Bylan,

"HEATED AND VENTILATED FRONT SEATS" is specified under the Premium Package.

Only found in Luxury NX and nowhere else, not in any packages:
  • PERFORATED LEATHER–TRIMMED INTERIOR - I don't need
  • LINEAR BLACK SHADOW WOOD INTERIOR TRIM - I don't need
  • RAIN-SENSING WINDSHIELD WIPERS - I don't need. Never understood it.
  • HEATED STEERING WHEEL -- I don't need, living in So CA
  • POWER REAR DOOR - This I need. A $400 feature. Can be added as a option.
Old 09-25-19, 08:24 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Most of the base NX in my area are config. with all those options except for the leather seats and the ML system.
Old 10-24-19, 06:13 PM
Liphotoman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by My450H
Hi Bylan,

"HEATED AND VENTILATED FRONT SEATS" is specified under the Premium Package.

Only found in Luxury NX and nowhere else, not in any packages:
  • PERFORATED LEATHER–TRIMMED INTERIOR - I don't need
  • LINEAR BLACK SHADOW WOOD INTERIOR TRIM - I don't need
  • RAIN-SENSING WINDSHIELD WIPERS - I don't need. Never understood it.
  • HEATED STEERING WHEEL -- I don't need, living in So CA
  • POWER REAR DOOR - This I need. A $400 feature. Can be added as a option.
I'm confused. We just purchased a 2020 NX, supposedly Luxury Package. it has NAV and POWER REAR DOOR. Leather trimmed interior, but it does NOT have Rain-Sensing windshield wipers. It seems this is between models in some way?

We initially purchased a Premium package, but upon getting in the car & adjusting the seat, we learned it not NOT have MEMORY SEATS. We were told only the Luxury Package had memory seats (We had earlier been told that the ONLY difference between Premium & Luxury was the NAv system - we didn't need Nav so we went for Premium. Turns out there were many differences, and the seat memory was very important to us).

We've been surprised at what is NOT in the NX compared to both our prior RX, and our other car, a '15 SUbaru Legacy.
Old 10-24-19, 06:40 PM
Bylan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Liphotoman
I'm confused. We just purchased a 2020 NX, supposedly Luxury Package. it has NAV and POWER REAR DOOR. Leather trimmed interior, but it does NOT have Rain-Sensing windshield wipers. It seems this is between models in some way?

We initially purchased a Premium package, but upon getting in the car & adjusting the seat, we learned it not NOT have MEMORY SEATS. We were told only the Luxury Package had memory seats (We had earlier been told that the ONLY difference between Premium & Luxury was the NAv system - we didn't need Nav so we went for Premium. Turns out there were many differences, and the seat memory was very important to us).

We've been surprised at what is NOT in the NX compared to both our prior RX, and our other car, a '15 SUbaru Legacy.
That is very strange, the premium package explicitly adds the memory seats, among other stuff. The luxury package just adds full leather and a few things on top of all the extras in the premium package. What country do you reside in? I know there are a lot of differences between US spec NX's and Canadian spec NX's, for example. Although, the NX configurator says in small font below the premium package info that "Some packages may not be available in your area" so I guess it could vary by region, even within the US?
Old 10-24-19, 06:48 PM
Liphotoman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are in FLorida. Have leather (not the simulated leather), seat memory, ventilated seats, but not intermittent wipers and I belieeve we have a smaller nav screen.