NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Help about packages, features and what to buy (2015)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-19, 09:25 AM
xiyejiy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help about packages, features and what to buy (2015)

Hey everyone

First time posting here. I'm about to buy a used lexus nx 300h. However i'm really unsure about the packages. As far as i have seen, there are 4 packages. Comfort, impression, luxury and f-sport. What exactly are the differences? I've noticed that every package "above" the comfort, has 2 more buttons on the right side of the steering wheel. Can anyone tell me what they are for?

Also, are there features that are a must-have that i should make sure the car has?

Basically the car i'm looking at right now is a comfort with 80'000 km for $27'000 from 2015, so i'd have more or less another 20'000km/1year of warranty. On the other hand there are models with the f-sport ot impression packages around 100'000km for the same price. So basically what i'm unsure is if these packages are worth the extra 20'000km and warranty i'd be missing out.

Thanks

(Sorry if the text is confusing)
Also, i'm from switzerland. If you guys want and it's allowed i can send a link of the car i'm interested to buy.
Old 10-27-19, 12:29 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 725 Likes on 531 Posts

I would be happy to offer assistance, but I’m afraid I cannot help much with the packages. Unfortunately, they vary by region so my hope is that someone from your region can offer help with that. Even between the US and Canada there are completely different packages. Here in the US we have Premium, Luxury and F-Sport. My best guess is that the extra buttons you have noticed on the steering wheel are for the Radar Cruise Control.

The one thing I can help with is the “must have” options. For my wife and I, it was the Blind Spot monitoring. SUVs and crossovers have a distinct blind spot and we have enjoyed that feature in our previous Lexus vehicles. Now that we have a 2019 vehicle, I would say the Lexus Safety systems and the panoramic cameras are a must have, but I don’t know if those options were available in your region on the 2015 models (the panoramic cameras were NOT available in the 2015 US vehicles but I believe the safety systems were options separate from the packages).

I hope that helps a bit. Sorry I couldn’t be more specific regarding your region’s options.
Old 10-27-19, 03:03 PM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Welcome aboard.

Here's a link from lexus.com and I chosed Switzerland as your home page:
You might find a dedicated section for your specific need.

https://de.lexus.ch/
Old 10-28-19, 10:45 AM
xiyejiy
Driver School Candidate

Yes you are probably right about the steering wheel buttons. It's a shame that most of the "comfort" packages here don't have the pre-crash security.

I guess the fact that the packages vary so much between regions is why i'm so confused. I can't find a place that tells me what the packages include in my region. From my research it looks like the "comfort" package is basically the "basic" model.
Features like blind-spot assistant seemed be available on the 2015 model, altho only on the luxury package or above.
To me it looks like most of the important feature save for 1-2 are already part of the basic package.

But then again. I haven't really found out what the "basic" package includes exactly. For example, do all packages come with keyless entry and keyless start? Do all packages come with a wireless charger (altho not really important). What's the difference between the navigation with a **** and the one with the mouse?

I have visited the swiss lexus site already, but i don't really know hoe comparable the 2019 model is with the 2015 model. And even if they were conparable, i still couldn't find the informations i was looking for.

Thanks
Old 10-28-19, 11:37 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 725 Likes on 531 Posts

Originally Posted by xiyejiy
Yes you are probably right about the steering wheel buttons. It's a shame that most of the "comfort" packages here don't have the pre-crash security.

I guess the fact that the packages vary so much between regions is why i'm so confused. I can't find a place that tells me what the packages include in my region. From my research it looks like the "comfort" package is basically the "basic" model.
Features like blind-spot assistant seemed be available on the 2015 model, altho only on the luxury package or above.
To me it looks like most of the important feature save for 1-2 are already part of the basic package.

But then again. I haven't really found out what the "basic" package includes exactly. For example, do all packages come with keyless entry and keyless start? Do all packages come with a wireless charger (altho not really important). What's the difference between the navigation with a **** and the one with the mouse?

I have visited the swiss lexus site already, but i don't really know hoe comparable the 2019 model is with the 2015 model. And even if they were conparable, i still couldn't find the informations i was looking for.

Thanks
Yes, I’m sure it isn’t easy since you are trying to compare packages between regions as well as differences between 2015 and 2019 models. Anyhow, in the US, the vehicle with the **** is the version that doesn’t have navigation. They all came with keyless start and the wireless charger was an option. There have been many complaints about the wireless charger, such as slow charging and the size being too small for many of the large smartphones.
Old 10-28-19, 11:38 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by xiyejiy

Thanks
The packages do not varies between regions, they are all the same coming out of the factory. Below is a link to all the packages for the 2015 NX300h. Lexus does things differently than other manufacturers. Each region gets about 3 option levels for each model, I believe the dealers get together and decide what these options are. In these 3 option levels, it can include a number of packages and individual options. If you want to vary from those 3 option levels, you will have to special order. My opinion is that this is not a customer oriented way to do business, it gives the consumers less choices but it benefits the dealers and Lexus.

https://www.lexus.com/documents/broc...X-Brochure.pdf
Old 10-29-19, 12:34 AM
xiyejiy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TechNut
Yes, I’m sure it isn’t easy since you are trying to compare packages between regions as well as differences between 2015 and 2019 models. Anyhow, in the US, the vehicle with the **** is the version that doesn’t have navigation. They all came with keyless start and the wireless charger was an option. There have been many complaints about the wireless charger, such as slow charging and the size being too small for many of the large smartphones.
I see. It looks like most of the vehicles here that have the kn-ob come with the navigation pack. This is probably due to the options/packages that the answer below this refers to.
While i think the wireless charger is/could be handy, it's definitely not a deal-breaker for me. My phone wouldn't fit anyway, so i'm assuming that either the lid wouldn't close completely or the phone would just be thrown around while driving.

Originally Posted by The G Man
The packages do not varies between regions, they are all the same coming out of the factory. Below is a link to all the packages for the 2015 NX300h. Lexus does things differently than other manufacturers. Each region gets about 3 option levels for each model, I believe the dealers get together and decide what these options are. In these 3 option levels, it can include a number of packages and individual options. If you want to vary from those 3 option levels, you will have to special order. My opinion is that this is not a customer oriented way to do business, it gives the consumers less choices but it benefits the dealers and Lexus.
https://www.lexus.com/documents/broc...X-Brochure.pdf
I see. This explains my confusion. It's pretty much impossible to really see what each option has. I have checked out the brochure you provided, and actually realized i had it already downloaded. What confused me were the different names for the packages.
The packages Lexus sells are:
  • Comfort Package
  • Premium Package
  • Luxury Package
  • Navigation Package
  • F-Sport Package
Now, what is being sold here in switzerland is:
  • 2WD (not really a package i guess)
  • Diamond
  • F-Sport
  • Business
  • Comfort
  • Excellence
  • Impression
So considering what you have said, i'm assuming that these "versions" sold here have one of the official packages and maybe some single options added?
Basically, since i haven't been able to find a single brochure for switzerland, it's pretty much impossible for me to really find out what these packages contain, and if it might be worth getting a car with 20'000 km more for the same price but with a better package.
I'm guessing my only option at this point is going to a Lexus garage, getting my hands on a brochure there and hope that it lists the packages/versions for switzerland.

Edit:

I stand corrected. I have found this brochure from 2014 (sadly in french, so i'll have to use translate for the parts i don't understand).
I'm linking it so you guys can take a look if you wanted to. On page 55 are the versions specific (i guess?) to switzerland.
https://www.autotechnique.ch/files/1...nx-08-2014.pdf

Looks like contrary to my belief, the "comfort version" isn't actually the basic version.
According to the pdf it goes:
  • FWD (basic package)
  • Impression
  • Business
  • Comfort
  • F-Sport / Excellence
With each of the version containing the lower version. So for example the Comfort version contains everything the business version contains and so on.

Last edited by xiyejiy; 10-29-19 at 12:50 AM.
Old 10-29-19, 05:25 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I am guessing in a small market like Switzerland, Lexus look at it as one region. Which means that there are probably 3 to 4 different option packages with fixed individual options. In cases like this, sometimes to get the option you want, you need to get the options you don't want.
Old 10-31-19, 02:29 AM
xiyejiy
Driver School Candidate

Yeah you are probably right. Well to be honest most packages sold here have a lot of things already. One thing many are missing however is the adaptive cruise control, heated steering-wheel and the blind spot security system. There are other "small" things that most of them are missing, but they are not that important to me personally.

Thanks everyone for the help