NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

2020 Color and Trim Suggestion?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-19, 04:26 PM
Ezpz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2020 Color and Trim Suggestion?

Hey guys, I'm from Canada and I'm hoping you guys can give me some feedback/suggestions.

Can't decide between Ultra White/Red(Interior), Black/White(Interior) or Atomic Silver/Red(Interior). For Trim I'm leaning towards sports 2 but for a few couple of grand I can get sports 3 with variable suspension, not sure if that's worth it.

Also any tips what additional accessories/add-ons I should get for my car? This is my first ever car I'm ever gonna own, I still have my L license, main reason I went for sports 2 is the blind spot monitoring and Rear Traffic Alert would be really useful for a new driver like me.
Old 12-31-19, 04:50 PM
2017FSport
Advanced

Received 157 Likes on 111 Posts

I have a 2019 Atomic Silver/Red interior F Sport. Here's a quick pic, but I don't have any of the interior, but I knew without a doubt I wanted Circuit Red.

Old 12-31-19, 05:01 PM
Ezpz
Driver School Candidate

Wow that look's amazing. These wheels you have are aftermarket? The ones I test drove were not this pretty. How much did they cost?
Old 12-31-19, 05:11 PM
Moisture
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

Went through a very similar dilemma as you. I ended up going for black exterior with red leather interior and I am very happy with my decision. Other then maybe the silver I don't really like the way this car looks in other colours. The car drives excellent without the adaptive suspension so I don't think it is necessary.
Old 12-31-19, 05:12 PM
2017FSport
Advanced

Thank you! They are aftermarket Asanti Black Label Sigmas 20x9. They retail for about $350 each but I have a friend who sells to me at wholesale.
Old 12-31-19, 05:21 PM
Ezpz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Moisture
Went through a very similar dilemma as you. I ended up going for black exterior with red leather interior and I am very happy with my decision. Other then maybe the silver I don't really like the way this car looks in other colours. The car drives excellent without the adaptive suspension so I don't think it is necessary.
Black was originally my choice but when I saw it on night time, I didn't even recognize it. it just look like any other compact SUV. its hard to see the details and curves during night time. Definitely looks amazing on daytime and if its clean tho.

Originally Posted by 2017FSport
Thank you! They are aftermarket Asanti Black Label Sigmas 20x9. They retail for about $350 each but I have a friend who sells to me at wholesale.
Damn, I feel like these are game changer. I'm not sure how are they gonna look on black/white if I ever get these color but definitely getting my hands on these.
Old 12-31-19, 05:26 PM
2017FSport
Advanced

I am sure they will look just as good. I actually have my NX lowered on RS-R Down Springs. So that helps with the looks in my opinion.
Old 12-31-19, 06:02 PM
Moisture
Lead Lap

Good point. Me personally, I did not like the way the lines on the car looked with the other colours. I almost thought it was ugly. Lexus also uses such a fantastic quality black pearl paint and it looks so good with the red leather. Overall, I am very pleased with the car. The ride was much more firm than expected (although probably its because the shocks still need to wear in) and while its obviously very comfortable and stable at speed, I was quite impressed with how good the handling is for a car that everybody says is not the sportiest. The engine is great for a turbo 4, I found it to be quite responsive with minimal turbo lag and the transmission mapping is quite smart. All in all, I am happy with the car.

The only thing I would change is the engine (should be between 2.2-2.5L displacement) and I think the transmission could use an extra gear or two. Also, the steering is lacking in feel but that's probably just because I am used to my other car, a Mazda 6, which has wonderful steering feel especially for a new car. I am not sure the F-sport package was worth the extra money so I didn't opt for it. I did get a good deal on paint protection film from the Lexus dealer, which I gladly accepted to protect the dark paint.
Old 12-31-19, 06:30 PM
2017FSport
Advanced

If you think the handling is good on yours, then the F Sport would certainly impress you. The adaptive suspension and stiffer steering once clicked into Sport+ mode is really nice. It might not be "worth" the extra money to some but I personally wouldn't own this car (or any other Lexus) without it. I don't know if you guys get the F Sport option in Canada but you should certainly take a test drive in one if you haven't.
Old 12-31-19, 06:53 PM
Moisture
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2017FSport
If you think the handling is good on yours, then the F Sport would certainly impress you. The adaptive suspension and stiffer steering once clicked into Sport+ mode is really nice. It might not be "worth" the extra money to some but I personally wouldn't own this car (or any other Lexus) without it. I don't know if you guys get the F Sport option in Canada but you should certainly take a test drive in one if you haven't.
Well what would you consider to be tight handling?

For me, the steering should be heavy (or at least feel stable if it is light) and offer precise feedback. The suspension should be firm with excellent body control while still maintaining a level of dampening. It's about achieving the right balance between the response associated with firm suspension paired with dampening/ compliance that ultimately soaks up road imperfections. The best of both worlds. As it is stock. the car seems to achieve that balance quite well for me, so I didn't feel the need to opt for F-sport. Based on what I saw, it was mostly cosmetic upgrades anyways and would have cost me $13000 worth of random stuff just to get the adaptive suspension. If handling is ultimately your priority, the NX300 shouldn't be your first choice.

Also, tires will obviously make a big difference. lightweight wheels with a thinner sidewall and something other than Michelin Primacy tires will make a big difference.
Old 12-31-19, 07:17 PM
2017FSport
Advanced

Originally Posted by Moisture
Well what would you consider to be tight handling?

For me, the steering should be heavy (or at least feel stable if it is light) and offer precise feedback. The suspension should be firm with excellent body control while still maintaining a level of dampening. It's about achieving the right balance between the response associated with firm suspension paired with dampening/ compliance that ultimately soaks up road imperfections. The best of both worlds. As it is stock. the car seems to achieve that balance quite well for me, so I didn't feel the need to opt for F-sport. Based on what I saw, it was mostly cosmetic upgrades anyways and would have cost me $13000 worth of random stuff just to get the adaptive suspension. If handling is ultimately your priority, the NX300 shouldn't be your first choice.

Also, tires will obviously make a big difference. lightweight wheels with a thinner sidewall and something other than Michelin Primacy tires will make a big difference.
The steering gets significantly stiffer. I can't speak on the suspension stiffness alone, because mine is lowered and that adds to the stiffness. Plus I have 20" wheels and tires. So mine isn't exactly factory anymore. I am not sure what all the drive modes give you to be honest. I click it over in Sport+ and just enjoy the car a lot more than normal mode. I didn't buy this car to be a corner carver or anything like that. It does all I need it to do. The specifics I leave up to the engineers. But I understand different people need different things. I wanted the F Sport package because I liked it. I liked the grille and front fascia better. It's as simple as that really.
The following users liked this post:
Vitveet (01-01-20)
Old 01-01-20, 05:46 PM
ross7777
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I’m a big fan of the AVS. Note that this also has a custom mode where you can create your own driving mode. For example I have it set to Sport+ shifting with normal suspension. Sometimes that Sport+ suspension can be a little stiff.

Sport+ mode with AVS is like driving a different vehicle vs the normal driving mode.
2017FSport (01-01-20)
Old 01-03-20, 10:46 AM
slypx
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Here it is Atomic Silver with Circuit Red Interior

Moisture (01-03-20)
Old 01-04-20, 10:15 AM
fredw1
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Slypx-
Is that a wind deflector?
Old 01-04-20, 10:18 AM
fredw1
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Red is not my thing, so I went with the black interior. The Atomic Silver is nice, with the appearance varying between silver and gold, depending on the lighting conditions. I owned black cars for 15 years, and it took a lot of time to keep them looking nice, especially in the winter.

Quick Reply: 2020 Color and Trim Suggestion?