NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

How to reset the key fob to "normal" door opening

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-20, 08:02 AM
16fsport2
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default How to reset the key fob to "normal" door opening

The normal process to me is that only when I put my hand to the door handle, with the key in my pocket, the NX will open automatically.

This week, I don't know if I did anything, just when I approach the SUV, it opens by itself; I did not have to insert my hand to the door handle. It seems fine that way until I lock the car, and if I don't walk away quick enough, the car unlocks itself again.

How can I reset the key fob to previous door opening method?

I am thinking of removing the battery and re-insert to reset?

I just remember when writing this post, last week or earlier, there was a message on the dash about the key fob battery is low. Would that be the signal, so that I need to replace the battery?

Thanks!
Old 01-16-20, 09:33 AM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 16fsport2
The normal process to me is that only when I put my hand to the door handle, with the key in my pocket, the NX will open automatically.

This week, I don't know if I did anything, just when I approach the SUV, it opens by itself; I did not have to insert my hand to the door handle. It seems fine that way until I lock the car, and if I don't walk away quick enough, the car unlocks itself again.

I just remember when writing this post, last week or earlier, there was a message on the dash about the key fob battery is low. Would that be the signal, so that I need to replace the battery?

Thanks!
Since you had that battery low message, I would first change it’s battery and see if it fixes your locking problem. We got the battery low message last week but I don’t think it affected the locking.
Old 01-17-20, 10:54 PM
NudleBoy
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 16fsport2

Thanks!
I had the same issue. For me, it’s usually the cold air mixed with snow and ice. Sometimes when I just wash my car this happens. I noticed you’re also in Ontario so you’re probably experiencing the same thing I do.

I had no solution except making sure the door handles are free from ice and snow and that’s about it.
Old 01-18-20, 10:04 AM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Is it possible that there is a layer of ice on the back side of one of the door handles and it’s sensing the ice as if your hand was on the back side of the handle? That might give you the odd unlocking that you experienced.