NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

reset TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-20, 05:36 AM
mrscientst
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default reset TPMS

Hi, I bought another set of wheels/tires for our NX. The company that mounted the tires on the wheels said they use TPMS sensors that would allow me to only have to reset TPMS to have everything work correctly.

I switched out the stock wheel and tires, put on the new wheels and tires, and reset TPMS. It didn't work correctly, I see the warning light and no PSI.

I've been trying to reset the TPMS again, but when I attempt to reset the TPMS, nothing happens. No matter how long I hold down the reset button, it won't reset again. I tried disconnecting the battery to reset the ECU, but that didn't work.

How can I reset the TPMS again? Thank you.
Old 10-12-20, 11:41 PM
chivorn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrscientst
Hi, I bought another set of wheels/tires for our NX. The company that mounted the tires on the wheels said they use TPMS sensors that would allow me to only have to reset TPMS to have everything work correctly.

I switched out the stock wheel and tires, put on the new wheels and tires, and reset TPMS. It didn't work correctly, I see the warning light and no PSI.

I've been trying to reset the TPMS again, but when I attempt to reset the TPMS, nothing happens. No matter how long I hold down the reset button, it won't reset again. I tried disconnecting the battery to reset the ECU, but that didn't work.

How can I reset the TPMS again? Thank you.
I run on the same issue which TPMS disappears number on the screen which shows only dash line. If you found solution please share me some idea to get number of pressure in tire back. Thank you in advance.

Old 10-13-20, 10:02 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 318 Likes on 248 Posts

Does the new wheels have TPMS sensors?

If so, the vehicle doesn't recognize the TPMS IDs on the new wheel. It has to be programmed into the vehicle for it to see the readings.

Here's a video to explain more: