NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Rear USB charge ports and other amenities Lexus chose to omit

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-22, 04:29 PM
n0v8or
Intermediate

Received 159 Likes on 108 Posts

You are correct. Switch white wire to Ground to unlock; switch violet wire to Ground to lock. This convention is often called "negative trigger". The switched current is low, so a relay is not required.
First image shows the location of the wires within the passenger door.
Second image shows the position of the lock / unlock wires in the cable-to-cable connector. If you have located the correct connector, the white and violet wires should be at the identified terminals.

Old 03-24-22, 07:52 PM
n0v8or
Intermediate

Relative to your photo, the Toyota connector drawings are as viewed from the opposite end (NOT where the wires enter).
I think you have identified the correct connector, and the Lock / Unlock switch wires are as marked below:

Old 03-27-22, 12:42 AM
littlehome
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n0v8or
Relative to your photo, the Toyota connector drawings are as viewed from the opposite end (NOT where the wires enter).
I think you have identified the correct connector, and the Lock / Unlock switch wires are as marked below:

Hi!!) Really really thank you if you never ever decide to visit the sunny barcelona I debt you a beer , after many time having the device and being unable to install it or find some workshop who want to make for me i was able to do it, Curiosly the open works with the ground on the conector but for the closing i need to take a different ground from other connector , i needed to follow the cable from the door panel to under the feet , in any case now when relay closes the two cables entering to button i makes the open /close.
Is far to be perfect cause :
- If I lock the car with the remote it doesn't work the passenger buttons don't work so I cannot unblock witht the mobile proximity
- When I close with the remote the indicators bleep and the mirrors fold but if i close with the app only block the door

But more or less is functional maybe i will try to find how to make the indicators turn on so i will have some feedback that the car is closed with the mobile.

Thank you very much and have a good day.

Old 03-27-22, 07:17 PM
n0v8or
Intermediate

Toyota and Lexus ground wires are usually white with a black stripe. Exceptions to this color convention are rare.
Evidently, locking the vehicle with the remote disables the manual lock/unlock switch, perhaps as a theft deterrent.
You could try using the lock and unlock wires from the key cylinder located in the drivers door handle. If your NX has push-button start, you can test by removing the mechanical key from the fob.
The wires from the lock cylinder switch terminate at connector MI-2, located in the left cowl (foot) area. Refer to the attached image. The body of connector MI-2 is gray in color.
Just as before, momentarily switch the wires to ground.
Test first, because grounding the pink wire may require 2 pulses and may unlock all doors EXCEPT the drivers door. You can change a parameter so that only 1 pulse is required.

The visual indicators are turned on with software when the remote receiver detects a lock or unlock command. Since you are bypassing the remote receiver, no indication occurs. You might be able to operate some exterior lights with relays provided with the Carchabi device.

Old 03-27-22, 08:12 PM
littlehome
Driver School Candidate

Toyota and Lexus ground wires are usually white with a black stripe. Exceptions to this color convention are rare.
Evidently, locking the vehicle with the remote disables the manual lock/unlock switch, perhaps as a theft deterrent.
You could try using the lock and unlock wires from the key cylinder located in the drivers door handle. If your NX has push-button start, you can test by removing the mechanical key from the fob.
The wires from the lock cylinder switch terminate at connector MI-2, located in the left cowl (foot) area. Refer to the attached image. The body of connector MI-2 is gray in color.
Just as before, momentarily switch the wires to ground.
Test first, because grounding the pink wire may require 2 pulses and may unlock all doors EXCEPT the drivers door. You can change a parameter so that only 1 pulse is required.

The visual indicators are turned on with software when the remote receiver detects a lock or unlock command. Since you are bypassing the remote receiver, no indication occurs. You might be able to operate some exterior lights with relays provided with the Carchabi device.

Yes is absolutely logical behavour but for my "hack" makes carchabi less useful cause if for some reason i block the car with the remote it doesn't open later with the carchabi , ok is not huge issuie cause after all what i'm looking for is to use the mobil to automatically lock/unlock the car but would be better is always unlock it. I will take a look to your suggestion using that new conector in the drivers door . About indicators with relay , carcachabi have a specific relay with this , the difficult is find which wires of the car use to turn on the indicators , i think i must use cables that connected to the button you push to turn on emergency warnings located in the center console ,but i need to investigate where are they.also when i use the remote car turn on outisde car light some seconds to help you in the night and i lost this using the charchabi, in any case this are details the main function works pretty good thanks to you.

Old 03-31-22, 01:32 PM
n0v8or
Intermediate

You can access the emergency warning ("hazard warning") switch wires at the climate control panel connector; terminals 9, 11, and 14. Detailed procedure to remove the climate control panel can be found in the video linked below. The actual removal occurs at 7 minutes, and the connector can be seen at the far end of the panel.

The 3 wires of interest are labeled by Lexus as GND (terminal 14), HAZ (terminal 9). and LJB (terminal 11). I do not know if operating the switch closes the circuit between terminals 9 and 11, or between terminals 9 and 14. If you unplug the connector, you can operate the switch and check terminals 9, 11, & 14 for low resistance with an Ohmmeter.

Old 03-31-22, 11:30 PM
littlehome
Driver School Candidate

You can access the emergency warning ("hazard warning") switch wires at the climate control panel connector; terminals 9, 11, and 14. Detailed procedure to remove the climate control panel can be found in the video linked below. The actual removal occurs at 7 minutes, and the connector can be seen at the far end of the panel.

https://youtu.be/e_ujR6s-Aio

The 3 wires of interest are labeled by Lexus as GND (terminal 14), HAZ (terminal 9). and LJB (terminal 11). I do not know if operating the switch closes the circuit between terminals 9 and 11, or between terminals 9 and 14. If you unplug the connector, you can operate the switch and check terminals 9, 11, & 14 for low resistance with an Ohmmeter.

ooh Wow!! thank you very much!!! you're incredible i will take a look and try to make that the indicators show the opening/close , by any chance you have any idea how to send the command to opne/close the mirror ?? When I close with the remote the fold automatically , would be fantastic to be able to make the close to when i close with mobile and charchabi ))))) I making thing step by step more complicated ))

Old 04-01-22, 06:54 AM
n0v8or
Intermediate

To fold (close) mirrors - switch terminal 18 (Dark Green wire) to Ground.
To unfold (open) mirrors - switch terminal 21 (light Green wire) to Ground.

Old 04-06-22, 02:46 PM
littlehome
Driver School Candidate

To fold (close) mirrors - switch terminal 18 (Dark Green wire) to Ground.
To unfold (open) mirrors - switch terminal 21 (light Green wire) to Ground.

Hi again ) I've found the folding cable and works ,if i ground it folds the mirrors ,unfortunately need continous ground to keep them closed if i interrupt the grounding they unfold, so i cannot use the open/close reles activated by charchabi cause is only a pulse.(they close to open 1 second) my poor electronics knowledge tells me i need to install kind of biestable reles I've tried to find something on internet adecuated for this but for now I haven't found it.
Now I have other idea )) the lexus have a "welcome home light system" (don't know how is exact name in english, is a system that when car sttoped if you push the car long light control) the car lights stays opened 30 seconds giving you some light when you left the car) I was thinking if would be able to find this cable and it work with ground signal I would be able make the lights stay on 30 seconds when opening/closing with carchabi.
About using the cables of key cilinder i wasn't able to make them work , but i think that probably won't be useful for my proposit cause when I unlock with the cilynder the car alarm beeps till i start the car.

Thanks for all you coperation in my little project.

Old 04-06-22, 05:47 PM
n0v8or
Intermediate

Are you able to obtain something like this in España? It is shipped to buyers from China.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/27522413806...CABEgIT2PD_BwE
Old 04-06-22, 06:15 PM
littlehome
Driver School Candidate

Are you able to obtain something like this in España? It is shipped to buyers from China.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/27522413806...CABEgIT2PD_BwE
I think yes , I can order it directly from China

€ 3,89 20%OFF | DC 6-24V Flip-Flop Latch Relay Bistable Self-locking Low Pulse Trigger Module Integrated Circuits Dropship
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vd9tOM

Last edited by littlehome; 04-06-22 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-08-22, 05:03 PM
n0v8or
Intermediate

A disadvantage of that product is the relay coil may remain energized during all times when the car is locked. The battery could therefore become depleted .
A dual-coil relay would be a better choice, because there is zero current consumption in both states of the relay.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3271...rch-mainSearch

Old 04-12-22, 03:54 AM
littlehome
Driver School Candidate

Default Vacc

Hi , by any chance do you know a cable on the driver's seat pedal connector i can find voltage than only works when car is on (ACC) ? Thanks!!
Old 04-13-22, 01:50 PM
n0v8or
Intermediate

Violet wire on terminal 13 of connector MI-4 is ACC, fused at 5 Amps.
If your NX has the memory seat / mirror option, this wire may not be installed.

Old 04-17-22, 01:37 AM
littlehome
Driver School Candidate

Violet wire on terminal 13 of connector MI-4 is ACC, fused at 5 Amps.
If your NX has the memory seat / mirror option, this wire may not be installed.

Thank you very much )

Quick Reply: Rear USB charge ports and other amenities Lexus chose to omit