Rear USB charge ports and other amenities Lexus chose to omit

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-22, 05:44 PM
littlehome
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about canbus

Hi!
Sorry to bother you again , but definetely you have a incredible knowledge about the nx and I don't know anyqhere else where get the info.

I've bought a affermarket parking sensors that in theory is fully compatible with the lexus/toyota system it show the info in the multinformation display like the original one,
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...35714c4dfhVN5L

The problem is that when the device arrived the harness to connect the device to car canbus don't match any conectors of my car , the seller is barely helping , so i'm trying to find the solution by myself. The harness onlty connect two cables a canbus+ and a canbus - ) so I think that is posible that even the harness connector don't match I can just connect the cables I I know where are this canbus+ and canbus negative in the feet or under steering wheel area, cause as far as i understand the canbus is a data bus that can be connected in any place.
I attach the image the seller send me where is posible to see the connector and the canbus + canbus - cables

Thank you very much

Old 04-27-22, 06:35 AM
n0v8or
Intermediate

Received 159 Likes on 108 Posts

Those connectors are located above the steering column and may be difficult to access.
The CANBus wires are also available at the Data link (OBD2) port. Wire colors are shown in the attached image.
Toyota refers to CANBus lines as "CANH" and "CANL", not "+" and "-". My guess is CANH is equivalent to CAN+.

Old 04-27-22, 02:34 PM
littlehome
Driver School Candidate

Hi )) thank you again ! I have tried using the obd conector when I put the canbus cables the device turn on a led but nothing appeared when reverse , in theory dirtanc3 indicator must appear in information screen, i saw in car manual that there is button next ti steering wheel ti activate/deactivate parking sensor maybe the lack of this button is why the sensor dont activate, I don't know if possible to fins where this button is connected and install this. Or maybe the device isn't adequate for my car, unfortunately the seller is not helping at all.
Old 04-27-22, 05:36 PM
n0v8or
Intermediate

My NX does not have a physical switch to activate / deactivate parking sensors. Park sensor activation and deactivation is accomplished by menu selection on the small LCD screen located between the tachometer and speedometer.
Have you tried reversing the CANH and CANL connections?
It is possible some software must be installed before the new CANBus node can be recognized. Perhaps the seller can answer that question.
Old 05-01-22, 12:36 AM
littlehome
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by n0v8or
My NX does not have a physical switch to activate / deactivate parking sensors. Park sensor activation and deactivation is accomplished by menu selection on the small LCD screen located between the tachometer and speedometer.
Have you tried reversing the CANH and CANL connections?
It is possible some software must be installed before the new CANBus node can be recognized. Perhaps the seller can answer that question.
Hi I 've tried reversing canh and canl and even less result , with canh and canl in correct position at least the led of the device blink (so I guess is doing something) but no radar screen anywhere , I was reading that the canbus of the obd port have like some restrictions is not exactly like the same other canbus conector , also the device have 4 dips that maybe need to be set in a specific way. unfortunately the seller is giving 0 support, maybe i will try all 16 posible combinations and see if any works. Also i was wondering that maybe if i find the place where the original car radar system is connected try to connnect there , maybe it make some difference.

Well car DIY requires lot of patience))

Again thank for all
Old 05-03-22, 05:04 PM
n0v8or
Intermediate

To maintain network bandwidth and noise immunity, Toyota uses special expansion modules to add nodes to the CAN network, There are ~8 of these expansion modules in the NX, which Toyota refers to as "CAN Junction Connectors". Most are located behind the instrument panel near the steering column. To access them, you will probably have to remove a section of the instrument panel below the gauge cluster. Videos that show how to quickly remove NX instrument panel pieces can be found on the Beat-Sonic web site.

The expansion module to which the parking sensor system would be connected is labeled I95 on the network wiring diagram. You and find this diagram here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p704p144er...AN%29.pdf?dl=1

Drawings of the locations of the NX CAN junction connectors can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qaue3rk7bq...ctors.pdf?dl=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5vvdli85m...ctors.pdf?dl=1
Old 05-03-22, 06:18 PM
littlehome
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by n0v8or
To maintain network bandwidth and noise immunity, Toyota uses special expansion modules to add nodes to the CAN network, There are ~8 of these expansion modules in the NX, which Toyota refers to as "CAN Junction Connectors". Most are located behind the instrument panel near the steering column. To access them, you will probably have to remove a section of the instrument panel below the gauge cluster. Videos that show how to quickly remove NX instrument panel pieces can be found on the Beat-Sonic web site.

The expansion module to which the parking sensor system would be connected is labeled I95 on the network wiring diagram. You and find this diagram here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p704p144er...AN%29.pdf?dl=1

Drawings of the locations of the NX CAN junction connectors can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qaue3rk7bq...ctors.pdf?dl=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5vvdli85m...ctors.pdf?dl=1

Thanks to this information i was able to find the connector and works , thank u very muuuch !!
I just need to know wjhere the original front and back connectors radars sensors are located and I will be able to install them.
i know I'm asking a l'or to you but could you send me a pixture of your front and back numbers so i can see the position ? 🙈🙈
Old 05-03-22, 07:37 PM
n0v8or
Intermediate

Old 05-03-22, 07:45 PM
littlehome
Driver School Candidate

Oh wow that is perfect , thanks !!
Old 07-17-22, 06:56 AM
Carhealth
2nd gear

Default They are in Cluster connection the pink and white wire

Originally Posted by littlehome
Hi!
Sorry to bother you again , but definetely you have a incredible knowledge about the nx and I don't know anyqhere else where get the info.

I've bought a affermarket parking sensors that in theory is fully compatible with the lexus/toyota system it show the info in the multinformation display like the original one,
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...35714c4dfhVN5L

The problem is that when the device arrived the harness to connect the device to car canbus don't match any conectors of my car , the seller is barely helping , so i'm trying to find the solution by myself. The harness onlty connect two cables a canbus+ and a canbus - ) so I think that is posible that even the harness connector don't match I can just connect the cables I I know where are this canbus+ and canbus negative in the feet or under steering wheel area, cause as far as i understand the canbus is a data bus that can be connected in any place.
I attach the image the seller send me where is posible to see the connector and the canbus + canbus - cables

In cluster connection, you can find can bus wire in color white/ can- and pink/ can+
Thank you very much