NX 300 driver exterior mirror replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-20, 01:02 PM
vslxnx300h
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX 300 driver exterior mirror replacement

Hello,
My poor car got its mirror hit today - 2015 nx 300h. It was the driver exterior mirror and though the electrical still works, it's hanging like a broken neck. Since it's Saturday, I was only able to call one place for a quote. The Lexus dealer said $776.25 for the part and $189.00 for labor. LOL, I pretty much had a mini heart attack. So naturally I'm googling parts to verify this and on the Lexus website, they show $569 for the part but then state that the dealers can set the retail. I found the same OEM part painted for $369 but if I bought it, would the Lexus dealer be able to install it? Is that even possible? I was going to call them back but they closed at 2 pm and my mind is racing all over the place. I'm just looking for some affordable options or suggestions. If there are none, then I will suck it up and have Lexus fix it but during this covid time and job stability, really didn't want to spend that. Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
Vero

2015 nx 300h driver exterior mirror broken
Old 06-28-20, 08:21 AM
n0v8or
Intermediate

Received 159 Likes on 108 Posts

Cost of a new mirror depends on what features you have. Look here for a list of the various options and associated prices:
https://www.discountpartsmonster.com...utside-mirrors

Can you temporarily apply some strong tape so you can drive at moderate speeds without further damage to the mirror of door? You can also tape some rags around the mirror. This buys you time to consider repair options.

Any decent body or collision shop technician should be able to replace the mirror in less than 1 hour. Heck, I could do it in 30 minutes myself if the harness and connector are intact, because I have a set of nylon trim tools and have removed the NX interior door trim panels before. If interior door panel removal instructions are needed, check the month-old thread titled "Rear USB charge ports . . . " on page 2 of this forum. Once the door trim panel is removed, there is a plastic cover that snaps off to allow access to three nuts that retain the mirror to the door.
The following users liked this post:
vslxnx300h (06-28-20)
Old 06-28-20, 11:15 AM
vslxnx300h
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny you say that, I actually had some black velcro double stick strips and decided to try it out as a temporary fix. Drove around and over some bumps and it's holding up. I am able to adjust, move the mirror and the auto dim is working like normal as the electrical components are all in tact. Just need it to stay for a couple of weeks and then I will bite the bullet and get it fixed properly; the timing was just really bad right now with some unexpected bills. You are lucky you are able to fix things, my talents include burning a boiled egg, so I'm limited in what I can do. Thanks for your reply.

Sincerely,
Vero