NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

2017 lexus nx oem remote starter available?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-20, 04:12 AM
ACP84
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2017 lexus nx oem remote starter available?

Does anyone know if Lexus offers an OEM remote starter for the 2015-2017 models?
Im in Canada so not sure if this is available.

Thanks
Old 07-07-20, 05:26 AM
MysteryT
Driver School Candidate

If you can prove you own the car you can use the Lexus Enform App to remote start your car from your phone. I bought a used 2016 and have yet to send in the paperwork but plan to someday.
Old 07-07-20, 05:39 AM
ACP84
Driver

Originally Posted by MysteryT
If you can prove you own the car you can use the Lexus Enform App to remote start your car from your phone. I bought a used 2016 and have yet to send in the paperwork but plan to someday.
That works with the older NX's too? I thought it would have to have a built in remote starter for that to work no?
Old 07-07-20, 07:02 AM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by ACP84
That works with the older NX's too? I thought it would have to have a built in remote starter for that to work no?
If you were in the US then definitely. Remote start is a subscription based service. But does Canada offer Lexus Enform services?
Old 07-07-20, 07:33 AM
End1ess
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Lexus Enform remote start app only works in 2020 for Canada.
The dealer can help you install hardware remote start for 2015-2017
Old 07-07-20, 02:40 PM
Lexuswiz
Instructor

Received 182 Likes on 169 Posts

If OEM Lexus isn't available for you, look into Viper SmartStart. I have it on my 2016 and love it.
Old 07-07-20, 03:26 PM
slypx
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

I have a 2018 and I’m in Canada. The Enform remote start option is not available in Canada on models prior to 2020 like mentioned. Bought the car brand new and added the remote option from Lexus, which is an aftermarket solution, but as I bought it from them, it included the 4 years/80 000 km Lexus warranty. There are numerous aftermarket solution out there, you just want to make sure it is compatible with your Lexus.

On a side note, as I read a couple of time on this forum (and my car acts like that too) most remote solutions will shut the car off once you open a door when ready to leave, which seems to be a Lexus security feature. It won’t let you sit in it and activate all functionalities without going thru the whole starting cycle like other cars do.
Old 07-08-20, 06:33 AM
ACP84
Driver

Originally Posted by slypx
I have a 2018 and I’m in Canada. The Enform remote start option is not available in Canada on models prior to 2020 like mentioned. Bought the car brand new and added the remote option from Lexus, which is an aftermarket solution, but as I bought it from them, it included the 4 years/80 000 km Lexus warranty. There are numerous aftermarket solution out there, you just want to make sure it is compatible with your Lexus.

On a side note, as I read a couple of time on this forum (and my car acts like that too) most remote solutions will shut the car off once you open a door when ready to leave, which seems to be a Lexus security feature. It won’t let you sit in it and activate all functionalities without going thru the whole starting cycle like other cars do.
May I ask how much you paid for the remote start at the dealership? and did it tie in to your OEM REMOTE KEY FOB?
Old 07-08-20, 07:04 AM
slypx
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ACP84
May I ask how much you paid for the remote start at the dealership? and did it tie in to your OEM REMOTE KEY FOB?
Separate and additionnal remote.
Got it for free in the buying négociations, their list price was 899$ !!! Would not have paid that amount !
Old 07-08-20, 07:26 AM
ACP84
Driver

Originally Posted by slypx
Separate and additionnal remote.
Got it for free in the buying négociations, their list price was 899$ !!! Would not have paid that amount !
Wow thats quite high if paid out of pocket...I wonder if there are any solution that offer IN FOB PROGRAMMING to keep everything within one remote.
Old 07-08-20, 09:50 AM
End1ess
Pit Crew

you can check out aftermarket remote starters.

I installed 12volt on my 2018 it's easy and I know nothing about car mechanic. I had some help finding the ports from people in this thread. It's plug and play you can remove it anytime and works with your OEM fob. Downside is one way you have to see your car to know if trigger the start.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...2018-nx-2.html
The following users liked this post:
Lexuswiz (07-08-20)
Old 07-08-20, 11:43 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 869 Likes on 655 Posts

While carrying an extra side remote seems inelegant be aware that the Lexus remote has
a shorter range than many other brands of keyless fobs. When paying extra to get the "OEM"
starter just to slim down your pocket/purse you will then be limiting your RS to '80.

Various aftermarket RS with separate fobs have much longer range and some are "two-way"
Your button press sends a signal one way to start the car and then the car sends back a signal
two way to alert you that the car has started. Some include run time, outside temp and gimmicky
graphics with a car outline puffing exhaust smoke!
Old 07-08-20, 03:52 PM
Lexuswiz
Instructor

Received 182 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by End1ess
you can check out aftermarket remote starters.

I installed 12volt on my 2018 it's easy and I know nothing about car mechanic. I had some help finding the ports from people in this thread. It's plug and play you can remove it anytime and works with your OEM fob. Downside is one way you have to see your car to know if trigger the start.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...2018-nx-2.html
+100. This.

I have this kit and added a viper smartstart module to it, amazing combo and the range is virtually unlimited as long as the car and my iPhone have LTE service. $100/year is worth it for 2-way remote start, GPS tracking, and car status.
Old 07-08-20, 04:21 PM
End1ess
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Lexuswiz
+100. This.

I have this kit and added a viper smartstart module to it, amazing combo and the range is virtually unlimited as long as the car and my iPhone have LTE service. $100/year is worth it for 2-way remote start, GPS tracking, and car status.
Cool I didn't know you can add other brand module. Do you know if Fortin Evo-Start2 will work? This one doesn't have a yearly fee.
Old 07-09-20, 09:45 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

I installed the 12VoltSolutions module recently and it works great with the oem key fob. There is a bluetooth module you can add on that can provide network enabled remote start from anywhere using your phone. The key fob alone is good enough for me.

Quick Reply: 2017 lexus nx oem remote starter available?