NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

CPO NX200t

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-20, 08:00 PM
BB4xl
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CPO NX200t

Hi, I am new here. My wife just got an NX200t CPO. We got it Tuesday 07/14.I have a few questions. We have never had a Lexus before and I am not sure if we go shorted on a few things. First when they prepped the car none of the service reminders were entered into the computer. The salesman tells me that when it needs service the message will tell us. If nothing is in the computer how will it tell us? Second there is no SD card in the nav slot. Should there be one? The nav system works and I am not sure what the card does and if she needs it. I see they are not cheap. Whoever did the prep on the car did a poor job. The tires were over inflated and were at 3 different psi. How accurate is the tire monitor? Washer fluid was way low. The dip stick was crammed in so hard I had one of the mechanics check it so I would not break the dip stick handle off. There were some dings in the paint. They told us they would fix them. When we got there to pick the car up you could see them still. The body guy told our salesman that’s as good as they get. I told him take off some money or we will forget the whole deal. Another guy fixed them.

It rained today and the wipers really streaked badly. I went back .The salesman told me that was a wear part. I told him I bought a CPO F150 from Ford and it had new wipers. So he finally gave me a set and I had to put them on. Mind you not the whole arm but the rubber refills. I know cars and truck pretty good. She really loves the car, but I want what she should get. It’s the old story now that they got our money we are on the pay no mind list. The Sales manager and the VP introduced themselves and told me to come see them If I have problems. I am not sure if I should go talk to them.

Sorry about the long ranting post I am just a little upset and am not sure what she should have gotten.
The following users liked this post:
ohara (08-24-20)
Old 07-16-20, 09:14 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 312 Likes on 244 Posts

CPO should replace the wipers, they did that before.

You can login to drivers.lexus.com and register your vehicle VIN then see what's done and what's not by the dealer as CPO.

Some vehicle go thru a reconditioning (sounds bad) if true.

What year did you get? For the Nav to work, there is already a microSD already.
Old 07-16-20, 10:11 PM
BB4xl
10th Gear

Originally Posted by websurfer
CPO should replace the wipers, they did that before.

You can login to drivers.lexus.com and register your vehicle VIN then see what's done and what's not by the dealer as CPO.

Some vehicle go thru a reconditioning (sounds bad) if true.

What year did you get? For the Nav to work, there is already a microSD already.
It is a 2017. 25,400 miles. Its All wheel drive. This was a lease turn in. It has a clean car fax. I know those can be fudged .I asked and they gave me a print out saying they did the 30,000 mile service. They did a 4 wheel alignment and put 2 new front tires on. I was going to call the service dept and see if I should enter the service into the cars computer in the maintenance folder

The SD card is missing, but it is working locally. Is the Sd card necessary? I am going tell her to register the car with Lexus tomorrow. Thank you for your reply.

Last edited by BB4xl; 07-16-20 at 10:14 PM.
Old 07-16-20, 10:15 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 312 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by BB4xl
It is a 2017. 25,400 miles. This was a lease turn in. It has a clean car fax. I know those can be fudged .I asked and they gave me a print out saying they did the 30,000 mile service. They did a 4 wheel alignment and put 2 new front tires on. I was going to call the service dept and see if I should enter the service into the cars computer in the maintenance folder

The SD card is missing, but it is working locally. Is the Sd card necessary? I am going tell her to register the car with Lexus tomorrow. Thank you for your reply.
If the SD card is missing, you should contact the dealer asap. It's easy to put in the SD card and get maps. The microSD is like $250 or so.
Old 07-17-20, 08:31 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 851 Likes on 644 Posts

Check more closely, if the SD chip is really missing the Nav will not work at all.
Do not try to read a media or photo SD chip, it will take time and money to reset!
Old 07-17-20, 08:45 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 716 Likes on 524 Posts

Regarding the tire pressure, for some reason this is very common of Lexus dealerships and many on these forums have commented on it. Even when you have it serviced they will inflate it over the pressure specified in the manual or door plate. I don't know why and I'm sure your speculation is as good as mine. It makes it ride slightly rougher but may help a small amount with handling and/or fuel economy. Again, just guessing. I believe the tire pressure monitor on the dash is fairly close, but there are numerous potential failure points so I still check it with a gauge. To be fair, I have never really found it to be off though so I have a good confidence and only check manually once in a while to verify.
Old 07-17-20, 11:42 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

CPO is all about the warranty, the rest is just marketing that portrays the image of a white glove inspection by a master technician when in reality it just goes through a quick safety check. Their checklist fails to address many of the finer details such as paint condition or broken interior items that should be apparent.

From my experience we bought a 2016 NX non CPO for my wife that was immaculate and my 2016 GS was CPO but needed some TLC. Luckily I was aware of everything ahead of time and only accounted for the warranty and not any "reconditioning" in the pricing. I laugh when I see the checklist and the items that passed when they clearly should have not.

Anyways enjoy the car, I love the NX and my wife does too.
Old 07-17-20, 01:16 PM
BB4xl
10th Gear

Thank you everybody. I did examine and the card is in the slot. It goes in so far I could not see it. My bad as they say. I played with the air pressure and got hem all to match . We'll see how long that lasts (lol). I told her to register with Lexus. So everything seems good.

I agree that the CPO program is just marketing. It is all about the warranty. That's what sold my wife. I have a F150 I bought CPO and it is working out for me. She is already in love with her NX so hopefully it will be a long trouble less affair.

Last edited by BB4xl; 07-17-20 at 01:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DampDuffer (07-18-20)
Old 07-17-20, 08:49 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Glad you were able to find the micro SD card.
I was going to tell you to look a little deeper because it's pretty thin and camouflaged...I had a hard time initially when I checked for mine.

CPO does give you an extra piece of mind should other things start to go wrong.

Congratulations to you and your wife on the NX
Old 07-18-20, 10:33 AM
BB4xl
10th Gear

At first i could not see the card. I have little experience with micro SD cards. The salesman emailed and said to take a pic. I went out with a tiny screwdriver and carefully pushed it in and there it was. The main reason she wanted the warranty, especially with al the electronics. She went with an extended warranty also. Its transferable or refundable. She is good for 6 years unlimited mileage. The way this is going she will probably want another Lexus when the time comes. So she can transfer it. THANK YOU everybody.
Old 07-18-20, 09:04 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Car forums are better known for posting problems/issues with the car and how to fix them.

So if you were to scour past 5 to even 10 pages back, you won't see much complaint (from a reliability standpoint) about the NX.
Old 07-20-20, 03:46 PM
jimbug
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

BMGS - was right on about the inspections being mostly marketing. Like your CPO I was a little disappointed at the not so perfect condition of my CPO 2015 NX200t when I purchased it three years ago. I was buying the highest mileage CPO NX AWD I could find at the time so I let it go at the great price and the great warranty. Over 125k on it now and it’s been a great vehicle so far. Hoping to get another 50-75k worry free miles out of her.
Old 07-21-20, 05:26 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbug
BMGS - was right on about the inspections being mostly marketing. Like your CPO I was a little disappointed at the not so perfect condition of my CPO 2015 NX200t when I purchased it three years ago. I was buying the highest mileage CPO NX AWD I could find at the time so I let it go at the great price and the great warranty. Over 125k on it now and it’s been a great vehicle so far. Hoping to get another 50-75k worry free miles out of her.
Wow glad to hear you have been enjoying it well past 100k! I liked the 200t engine so much I bought a GS200t for myself and doubled down on engine, so glad to hear its running well at 125K.
Old 08-25-20, 12:30 PM
ohara
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi BB4xl
read your post. i am looking at the same CPO vehicle with the about the same mileage. I to am a first time future Lexus owner. I was wondering what you paid for your Lexus if that's not to personnel. I have done the research but the dealer will not come down from the asking price after sitting down with the dealer. Not sure if they are just playing hard ball with me. If you can help that would be great
Or if anyone else can help with pricing
thanks
Old 08-25-20, 02:24 PM
rphaug
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BB4xl
They did a 4 wheel alignment and put 2 new front tires on.
2 new front tires... ? Is the car AWD?