NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX console - No space

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-20, 11:01 AM
dsvetcov
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Default NX console - No space

Do you notice there is no console space , other than cupholders, to keep anything in view....keys, glasses, misc items. RX has a slot under radio. NX just lacks user-friendly space.
Any thoughts on next-gen or am I just having a bad day

The following 3 users liked this post by dsvetcov:
corinvest (08-26-20), MysteryT (08-26-20), rphaug (08-25-20)
Old 08-25-20, 01:23 PM
End1ess
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

yes, i had the same feeling. I have a bottle of hand sanitizer, phone on the two cup holders and no more room for my coffee.
Old 08-25-20, 02:09 PM
Krishprabz
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by End1ess
yes, i had the same feeling. I have a bottle of hand sanitizer, phone on the two cup holders and no more room for my coffee.
there is one useless coin tray and a hideous mirror pit...lol.. such a shame on a so called luxury car.
The following users liked this post:
corinvest (08-26-20)
Old 08-25-20, 02:14 PM
rphaug
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is one of the first things I noticed on this car - there's almost no storage. I used the mirror pit to store sunglasses (because there really isn't anywhere else), and the "phone slot" under the climate controls is blocked because I have to use a CD-slot phone holder (because there really isn't anywhere else to put one). There's absolutely nowhere to put the 32oz bottle of Powerade I always drink from, so it usually ends up on my passenger seat (which annoys the **** out of me). I'm thinking of getting one of those rubber mats for in front of the LCD screen on the dash, so I can at least lay down my work phone or AirPods while I'm driving.
Old 08-25-20, 05:02 PM
End1ess
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

The sunglasses storage is extremely inconvenient I wear eyeglasses. When I need to switch glasses it's hard to put my eyeglasses back while driving, most of the time I had to put the eyeglasses on the passenger seat. I can't always put my glasses on the passenger seat because sometime I have a bag or other things on the seat. The stuff will damage my glasses while the car is moving.

I ordered two different brands of CD slot phone holder from amazon both blocks the gear **** at P gear.
Old 08-26-20, 05:09 AM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by End1ess
The sunglasses storage is extremely inconvenient I wear eyeglasses. When I need to switch glasses it's hard to put my eyeglasses back while driving, most of the time I had to put the eyeglasses on the passenger seat. I can't always put my glasses on the passenger seat because sometime I have a bag or other things on the seat. The stuff will damage my glasses while the car is moving.

I ordered two different brands of CD slot phone holder from amazon both blocks the gear **** at P gear.
I put a cozie in the drivers door bottle holder and have my sun glasses in that. When I need the sun glasses, my regular glasses go in the cozie. It’s not the best solution, but it works. My wife has her sun glasses in the console mirror pocket.
MysteryT (08-26-20)
Old 08-27-20, 11:55 AM
fredw1
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a sunglasses clip I keep on the passenger-side visor. These are available from Sunglass Hut as well as other places.
Old 08-28-20, 06:09 AM
jaybarbara
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking no space

HELLO !!!!!!!!
The NX is a COMPACT SUV, NOT a Lincoln Navigator!!!
Where would you rather they had taken the space from in order to give you room for all your other stuff?
Why not complain about the lack of space behind the second seats? That seems like a much more relevant gripe! There's less room there than in most sedans!
TechNut (08-28-20)
Old 08-28-20, 08:48 AM
Lex2000TL
Intermediate

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by fredw1
I have a sunglasses clip I keep on the passenger-side visor. These are available from Sunglass Hut as well as other places.
How about this:
Amazon Amazon
Old 08-28-20, 10:44 AM
dsvetcov
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Most of do not care about back seat space. It is more about driver convenience. There is no place to put anything. Poor dash design. Thanks for mirrored hiding spot (useless).

Other mfg. 'probably' have a much better driver comfort layout. Other than that, enjoy the NX
End1ess (08-28-20)
Old 08-31-20, 06:15 AM
fredw1
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The lack of space, both in the driver's area and the trunk, is relatively obvious before one even decides to buy the vehicle. Like any purchase, there are pros and cons, and these are personal determinations. I don't think there is any luxury compact SUV out there that's perfect. Do I wish there was more space up front, or more storage behind the rear seats? Sure, but I'm willing to make adjustments to where I keep things because I like so many other things about my NX 300.
Old 08-31-20, 07:11 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 769 Likes on 479 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by dsvetcov
Most of do not care about back seat space. It is more about driver convenience. There is no place to put anything. Poor dash design. Thanks for mirrored hiding spot (useless).

Other mfg. 'probably' have a much better driver comfort layout. Other than that, enjoy the NX
Totally agree.. The dash is not planned out well at all. From the stupid mirror in the center of the dash that was clearly catering towards a particular demographic. To the non existent cell phone holder. What is with the stupid slot that is right above the center dash that is above the radio but below the vents!? It's not deep enough to put a cell phone in nor is it tall enough to put anything useful. It's a complete waste. I find it hard to believe that it is hard to figure out simple things on what people use. We have cup holders and cell phones. Find a spot for those and you will satisfy 90% of people out there. If you are using the two cup holders you no longer have a spot to put your phone. It's utterly annoying to me. I TOALLY get if cell phones were a new thing and car manufactures thought maybe they wouldn't take off, but anything in the last 10 years should have a clearly defined spot for a cell phone. Zero reason why a 2016 and up NX should have no good spot to put your phone.

-Nigell
Old 09-01-20, 08:54 PM
LindaSue
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dsvetcov
Do you notice there is no console space , other than cupholders, to keep anything in view....keys, glasses, misc items. RX has a slot under radio. NX just lacks user-friendly space.
Any thoughts on next-gen or am I just having a bad day
Hey there everyone! New to the forum and a proud Lexus owner, I just got a Lexus NX 300h Lux and I have a question for y'all. I'd love some feedback and suggestions.
Where do I mount my phone????????!!!!! The car is super hot and amazing but the console is just small or like the thread says there's no space! What I also observe is in the luxury model the A/C vent mounting isn't possible as the temperature is shown above the vent and I see no other space to mount my phone! I also don't want to mount my phone on my windshield because I don't want to obstruct my view at all.

TIA for your suggestions.
Old 09-01-20, 09:29 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

I do agree that there aren't a lot of convenient storage, but it's adequate.

Originally Posted by LindaSue
Hey there everyone! New to the forum and a proud Lexus owner, I just got a Lexus NX 300h Lux and I have a question for y'all. I'd love some feedback and suggestions.
Where do I mount my phone????????!!!!! The car is super hot and amazing but the console is just small or like the thread says there's no space! What I also observe is in the luxury model the A/C vent mounting isn't possible as the temperature is shown above the vent and I see no other space to mount my phone! I also don't want to mount my phone on my windshield because I don't want to obstruct my view at all.

TIA for your suggestions.
Welcome aboard.

We have a huge thread on phone mounts. I have mine on the left side of the dash.
I see those cupholder phone mounts are pretty useful too.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...er-thread.html
Old 09-01-20, 09:41 PM
LindaSue
Driver School Candidate

Thank you. Appreciate your quick response.

-LS