NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Electronic Dampening Aftermarket

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-20, 11:33 AM
yvnrg1981
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Electronic Dampening Aftermarket

So Ive been looking into getting some coilovers for the nx300 awd. Now I looked at the all the usual suspects and wanted to see if there are any universal Electronic Dampening Controllers. TEIN has theirs but I'm not sure if it's only compatible with there springs. There are others but I didn't see any that are universal. I just don't want to manually adjust the dampening every time i want to do something other than drive forward.
Old 08-31-20, 08:12 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

TEIN has an EDFC Active system that bolts controllers on to their Flex Z coilovers (not springs). You can fine tune vehicle behavior when braking, accelerating, and cornering at various speeds, with each corner having an independent damping setting. Needless to say, you can also set damping to fixed levels if you don't want it dynamically adjusting all the time.

The complete Pro system (motors, wireless modules, controller) and Flex Z coilovers would set you back around $2000 net of taxes.

Some more info for you: https://www.tein.com/products/edfc_active_pro.html
Old 09-01-20, 10:16 AM
yvnrg1981
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chezgk
TEIN has an EDFC Active system that bolts controllers on to their Flex Z coilovers (not springs). You can fine tune vehicle behavior when braking, accelerating, and cornering at various speeds, with each corner having an independent damping setting. Needless to say, you can also set damping to fixed levels if you don't want it dynamically adjusting all the time.

The complete Pro system (motors, wireless modules, controller) and Flex Z coilovers would set you back around $2000 net of taxes.

Some more info for you: https://www.tein.com/products/edfc_active_pro.html
Thanks for the reply, I know about TEIN as that is the system I'm interested in. My question was can that system be used on non TEIN coilovers. I didnt see the nx on their products list.
Old 09-01-20, 10:25 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by yvnrg1981
Thanks for the reply, I know about TEIN as that is the system I'm interested in. My question was can that system be used on non TEIN coilovers. I didnt see the nx on their products list.
The TEIN kit for the NX is VSQ92-C1AS3. They list it for the Harrier, which is mechanically identical to the 2015-present NX. This can be confirmed by Bilstein Japan's listing of the BSS6087J kit as being for both the NX and the Harrier. This isn't to be confused with the 2000s-era Harriers, which were RX twins.

I can't answer your question on EDFC's compatibility with other coilover makes, sorry. There are too many variables involved (thread, adjuster depth, adjuster range in degrees, etc.)
Old 09-02-20, 05:40 AM
yvnrg1981
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chezgk
The TEIN kit for the NX is VSQ92-C1AS3. They list it for the Harrier, which is mechanically identical to the 2015-present NX. This can be confirmed by Bilstein Japan's listing of the BSS6087J kit as being for both the NX and the Harrier. This isn't to be confused with the 2000s-era Harriers, which were RX twins.

I can't answer your question on EDFC's compatibility with other coilover makes, sorry. There are too many variables involved (thread, adjuster depth, adjuster range in degrees, etc.)
Again thanks for replying and giving me this info. One last question. That part is listed as FF and not AWD is it still compatible?

Disregard...did more digging and yes it's compatible. Thanks again.

Last edited by yvnrg1981; 09-02-20 at 06:15 AM.