NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

2017 Lexus Enform Gone November 1, 2022!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-20, 11:51 AM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Default 2017 Lexus Enform Gone November 1, 2022!

I received an email from Lexus telling me that Lexus Enform on 2017 models will no longer be available after November 1, 2022.

Here is the email:

Thank you for choosing Lexus. As part of our Customer First commitment, we want to make you aware of upcoming changes in wireless communications technology that impact available Lexus Enform subscription services.

What’s Happening

As wireless technology continues to evolve, telecommunications providers in North America are making significant changes to their legacy communications infrastructures and network capabilities. Certain telecommunication providers have elected to terminate 3G wireless services which will impact available services for motor vehicles.

How This Will Impact Services in Your Lexus Vehicle

Your 2017 Lexus NX 200t offers available Lexus Enform services that rely on access to 3G wireless networks.

As of October 31, 2022, at 11:59PM CST, the following available Lexus Enform subscription services will be terminated:

• Lexus Enform Safety Connect®1 including Automatic Collision Notification, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, Emergency Assistance Button and Stolen Vehicle Locator.

• Lexus Enform Remote2 including Remote Engine Start/Stop, Door Lock/Unlock, Vehicle Finder, Guest Driver Monitor, Vehicle Status and Alerts, Key Fob Remote Start, and Integration with Alexa® and The Google Assistant.

• Lexus Enform Destination Assist3 including 24-hour live response center agents.

• Lexus Enform Service Connect4 including Vehicle Health Report, Vehicle Alerts and Maintenance Alerts.

Starting September 1, 2021, available Lexus Enform subscription services will only be available as monthly subscriptions for your vehicle. You can subscribe to or renew your available Lexus Enform subscription services through September 30, 2022 via the Lexus app.

If you are currently subscribed to a multiyear discount, any unused portion of a paid subscription will be refunded at a prorated amount. These refunds will begin on November 1st, 2022.

So, because Lexus built their 2017 vehicles without LTE support, but with 3G capability only, the 2017 NX will be without Lexus Enform on November 1, 2022.

After listening to a scripted response from a Lexus rep, this is both a software and hardware problem, and Lexus has no intention of mitigating the situation.

Buyer Beware!
Old 09-14-20, 05:46 PM
Lexuswiz
Instructor

Received 181 Likes on 168 Posts

Saw this on the NX group on facebook. Glad I skipped Enform and went aftermarket Viper SmartStart. Verizon LTE based and does a lot of what Enform does.
Old 09-15-20, 10:23 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

they should flip the bit and just enable remote start from the keyfob for everyone
The following users liked this post:
MysteryT (09-15-20)
Old 09-15-20, 07:21 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Is it really that big deal? I doubt you still use a 3G cell phone. 5 years is an eternity in tech. I have/had Enform on my 2018 LC, but never renewed after the free trial expired. I didn’t find it all that useful to be honest.
Old 09-16-20, 07:37 AM
gompka
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by typocl
they should flip the bit and just enable remote start from the keyfob for everyone
They should, but they won't because then all the newer model owners would complain and its a money maker for them.
Old 09-16-20, 11:06 AM
rphaug
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Is it really that big deal? I doubt you still use a 3G cell phone. 5 years is an eternity in tech. I have/had Enform on my 2018 LC, but never renewed after the free trial expired. I didn’t find it all that useful to be honest.
I think it's a fairly big deal. I definitely don't still use a 3G cell phone, but I also hadn't used one since 2010. It's not really our faults that Lexus chose to build a new-from-the-ground-up car for 2015, 5yrs later, with 3G. 5 years is an eternity in tech, but not in cars; I replace my cell phone every year but I don't replace my car every year (or even every 5 sometimes). I just bought my 2015 NX L/Certified last year, immediately signed up for Enform Remote, and find it very useful (especially when it sends me reminders when I've left my windows\moonroof open). I have no doubt Lexus could offer a 4G upgrade for this, but choose not to, hoping you'll just buy a newer car.
Old 09-16-20, 11:12 AM
rphaug
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexuswiz
Saw this on the NX group on facebook. Glad I skipped Enform and went aftermarket Viper SmartStart. Verizon LTE based and does a lot of what Enform does.
Has SmartStart gotten better? I had it when it first came out, on a Tacoma and a Civic. It worked about 40% of the time, 50% at best. It made me want to rip my hair out. I've since sold both cars, but I had stopped paying for it a few years before I sold them (it just didn't work enough of the time). I think it originally had ATT 4G but I could be wrong. Can it send alerts for the windows\moonroof open like Enform?
Old 09-16-20, 03:38 PM
Lexuswiz
Instructor

Received 181 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by rphaug
Has SmartStart gotten better? I had it when it first came out, on a Tacoma and a Civic. It worked about 40% of the time, 50% at best. It made me want to rip my hair out. I've since sold both cars, but I had stopped paying for it a few years before I sold them (it just didn't work enough of the time). I think it originally had ATT 4G but I could be wrong. Can it send alerts for the windows\moonroof open like Enform?
This is my first go at it, so I can't say. Always used 2-way viper products, no complaints there. You have to have the DSM/VSM450 or above, below that is slowly being disconnected as with the older Enform. Only doors and hood, no windows or roof unfortunately.
Old 09-16-20, 08:14 PM
nickage87
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does this apply to lexus enform in 2015 NX year?
Old 09-17-20, 08:51 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by nickage87
Does this apply to lexus enform in 2015 NX year?
Yes, It applies to my 2016 so your 2015 will definitely be included. I don't know which model years used the 3G that is about to be disconnected - but I would guess NXs up to the 2017 model year will be impacted by this sunsetting of 3G.