NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

People can NOT hear me when I make or answer calls in bluetooth and apple carplay

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-21, 08:59 PM
Ted84
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry People can NOT hear me when I make or answer calls in bluetooth and apple carplay

When I call someone or someone calls me, they can't hear me at all, but I can hear their voice very clear.
I do not know what is the problem
The following users liked this post:
krishen (01-17-21)
Old 01-07-21, 07:46 PM
GS3Tek

Received 167 Likes on 127 Posts

It sounds like a microphone issue.

Some members have discussed it and a reset of the system (unplugging the negative cable from the battery) may help :

I did a search and these came up, also discussing software issue with the phone.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...rchid=23778540

Have you tried to unpair and pair the phone again?

Of course if you're not having any luck, your best best is to bring it to the dealer.

Last edited by GS3Tek; 01-07-21 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-08-21, 08:52 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

My dad had that constantly in his 2018 NX. dealer could never fix it. Lexus blamed the phone, phone manufacture blamed the vehicle. Finally sold that NX. Ultimately it was an NX issue, as the phone worked just fine in other vehicles. Lexus has an issue with their sw lately it seems.
Old 01-16-21, 06:56 PM
JodieLest
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with CarPlay and calls

Originally Posted by Ted84
When I call someone or someone calls me, they can't hear me at all, but I can hear their voice very clear.
We have 2 new Lexus NX and RX both have problems with people cannot hear properly when CarPlay is connected as soon as your unplug the connection the re river can hear clearly the call so it obviously a glitch with Apple:connection
Old 01-17-21, 08:53 AM
krishen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ted84
Hi all,

New forum member here, joined so I could post this. Having this issue in my wife’s 2020 NX300. Can hear people just fine over Bluetooth but no matter what I do, they cannot hear me. Problem occurs both on my wife’s LG G5 and on my iPhone 7 Plus. Problem occurred right after my last dealership visit a few months ago (Oct 30th 2020) so we both strongly suspect a software bug with the Bluetooth on Lexus’ side. I’ve scoured the Lexus menus looking for an option that might explain this, but haven’t found anything and it really doesn’t seem like something that would be an option. Plan on making an appointment with Lexus to get it looked at because my wife relies on being able to make calls in her car for her job (she’s a Realtor) and she’s at wit’s end.

Some config info from my side, the Software Update menu in the Lexus indicates I have version 1040 for both audio and navigation. I would be very curious to hear what the software version other people have, both those people with working Bluetooth and those without.

Additionally I see there was a Lexus software update earlier that addressed Bluetooth issues in version 1025 ( https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...59733-9999.pdf ), wondering if they’re still battling them.

Lexus software versions - failing bluetooth, can hear caller but they can’t hear me
Old 01-18-21, 09:44 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

The harsh reality is it will likely never be fixed. So don’t continue with the expectation it will be. Companies are more interested in adding new features than fixing old bugs.
Old 01-18-21, 06:52 PM
krishen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TimboIS
The harsh reality is it will likely never be fixed. So don’t continue with the expectation it will be. Companies are more interested in adding new features than fixing old bugs.
Hey TimbolS,

Thanks for the reply and dose of caution not to get my hopes up. That said having seen that they have been working on the Bluetooth recently (see link I posted) does give me hope that the idea isn’t completely out of the question.

Last edited by krishen; 01-18-21 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-18-21, 09:18 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by krishen
Hey TimbolS,

Thanks for the reply and dose of caution not to get my hopes up. That said having seen that they have been working on the Bluetooth recently (see link I posted) does give me hope that the idea isn’t completely out of the question.
Just being realistic. I’ve been waiting 4 years for them to fix (non) random play on the LC. But the car will be gone in a month anyways.
Old 01-19-21, 07:21 AM
End1ess
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Have you try voice command in the car to find out are there any issue with MIC itself other than bluetooth?
Old 10-17-21, 03:36 PM
tiagayepfa
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2021 ES 350 and have been having this issue. I had an Android and recently switched to iPhone and same issue. When I'm talking with someone, they say the volume goes down so low they can barely hear me but I can hear them. Then at some point it comes back up but it's low more than it's normal. It happened with and without using Android Auto but I haven't tried it without the Apple Car Play so will try that. I reviewed the manual but found nothing for this.
Old 03-24-22, 06:12 AM
QwkSC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2019 UX 200 with the same issue. When connected tot he car via Apple Car Play, I cannot hear or be heard during phone calls.

The service advisor states this is a feature not a bug. "You can't connect to bluetooth and CarPlay at the same time. Therefore, this is working normally..."
Old 03-24-22, 06:19 AM
tiagayepfa
Driver School Candidate

I've tried it without the bluetooth and same issue. I can hear them but they can't hear me. Waiting until I can get a car with wireless Apple Car Play.
Old 04-12-22, 08:17 AM
tiagayepfa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by QwkSC
I have a 2019 UX 200 with the same issue. When connected tot he car via Apple Car Play, I cannot hear or be heard during phone calls.

The service advisor states this is a feature not a bug. "You can't connect to bluetooth and CarPlay at the same time. Therefore, this is working normally..."
Hi QwkSC! I responded previously that I tried this but I didn't correctly try it. Someone else had recommended I disconnect bluetooth, then once plugged into Apple Car Play, reconnect. So that's what I thought your post was saying. BUT once I re-read it, I disconnected my car completely from Bluetooth and the problem is solved! After 10 months of dealing with this with my Lexus, I can't believe it was that simple. I had the Service Advisors, Foreman, people at corporate looking at this and no one mentioned this as a solution. So kudos to your Service Advisor. I had the same issue with my previous car so I've been dealing with this for about 18 months and had no idea why. You have no idea how valuable this was for me and I appreciate it! Just wanted you to know. The answer makes total sense too!
Old 05-29-22, 11:52 PM
birdyj
1st Gear

I got this issue as well, and I also have Carplay via plug and sometimes i do still connect via bluetooth for the convenience still occasionally. I want phone calls to work either way (though typically I'm not connected via both methods at the same time), and for me, it was not working for either method - I can hear them, but they cannot hear me during calls.

I fiddled with it for about an hour today and couldn't find a solution but I did notice a workaround. On my iphone, if I manually chose "Iphone" instead of "Lexus" as audio for the phone call, then I was able to be heard properly. Not the greatest since I have to poke on my phone but if I'm in the car but not driving, then this is a possible option.
Old 06-14-23, 07:14 AM
judylackey
3rd Gear

I just had this issue in my 2018 Lexus NX. I went to the dealer and they disconnected the negative terminal from my battery for 30 mins. Then reconnected and the system was rebooted. The problem is that my SOS button has failed. That's why if I received calls or made calls through the bluetooth, I could not be heard. Also, the location of my car was not updating on the Lexus Enform App. The tech said it's all linked in with the SOS button. The reset worked so now bluetooth and Enform App are working but not the SOS button. I can fail again. Tech stated I need a new Telematics DCM (electronic part). This part costs $918.16!!!!! The labor for 2 hours to install is $576.00!!! So total is approx. $1500!!!!!! I can't afford this!!!

Quick Reply: People can NOT hear me when I make or answer calls in bluetooth and apple carplay